Mini Blueberry Crumble Muffins. My wild blueberry muffin recipe is made in mini muffin pans for a tiny muffin treat! These blueberry muffins are made with frozen wild blueberries and vanilla Greek yogurt.
My Mini Wild Blueberry Crumble Muffin Recipe is:
- Little Bites Mini Blueberry Muffin copycat
- Easy to make
- Light and fluffy
- Filled with flavor
- A fun snack or treat
I think these mini wild blueberry crumble muffins are one of my new favorite muffin recipes! I swear right when they came out of the oven I ate 5 of them. They were THAT good! And really, everything in mini form is just so cute!
MINI BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
- organic butter
- vegetable oil
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- wild blueberries
- brown sugar
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN LITTLE BITES?
Little bites muffins are so good! But they are loaded with so many ingredients! Take a look at the little bites blueberry muffin recipe ingredients vs my mini blueberry muffin recipe ingredients.
Little Bites Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
Sugar, Bleached Wheat Flour, Soybean Oil, Blueberries, Eggs, Water, Glycerin, Modified Cornstarch, Whey (milk), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Salt, Mono- and Diglycerides, Tricalcium Phosphate, Baking Soda, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sorbitan Monostearate, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 60, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Protein, Caramel Color.
Homemade Mini Blueberry Muffin Ingredients
Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Eggs, Butter, Vegetable Oil, Greek Yogurt, Milk, Vanilla Extract, Wild Blueberries, Sugar, Brown Sugar
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER MINI BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE MUFFINS
PREHEAT OVEN TO 425. A properly hot and preheated oven will give your mini muffins those high bakery style muffin tops.
GET MINI WILD BLUEBERRIES. Make sure they are small wild blueberries. Regular sized blueberries will add too much water to your muffin batter and they won't rise properly.
MIX BATTER UNTIL JUST COMBINED. Overmixing muffin batter can give you a dense and chewy muffin instead of light and fluffy.
ADD THE EXTRA WILD BLUEBERRIES ON TOP OF YOUR MUFFINS AFTER THEY ARE IN MUFFIN TINS.
ROTATE 10 MINUTES AFTER BAKING. There are a lot of mini blueberry muffins so make sure the heat of your oven hits each one evenly.
BAKE UNTIL A TOOTHPICK COMES OUT CLEAN. My recipe says 15-20 minutes, but every oven is different so make sure to check yours at 15 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE MINI WILD BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH CRUMBLE
My mini blueberry muffin recipe is so easy to make and way better than packaged blueberry lil bites!
Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
STEP 1: MAKE THE BLUEBERRY MINI MUFFIN BATTER
Make your batter by sifting together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, melted butter, vegetable oil, greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract.
Then, fold your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients along with the frozen wild blueberries.
Look at how pretty the frozen wild blueberries make the batter!
Spoon your batter evenly between the muffin tins.
I used about 1 tablespoon of batter in each one.
Next, mash the ½ cup blueberries with 1 teaspoon of sugar and spoon this over the batter.
STEP 2: MAKE THE MUFFIN CRUMBLE TOPPING
Prepare your "crumble" by melting your butter and then mixing it with the sugars, salt, and flour.
Sprinkle the crumble across the tops of your muffins.
STEP 3: BAKE AND ENJOY!
Bake them for 15-20 minutes. I used two baking sheets that I rotated at 10 minutes to make sure they baked evenly.
If you use a large baking sheet, you probably want to still rotate the pan to make sure the muffins bake evenly.
Frequently asked questions about mini wild blueberry muffins with crumble.
CAN I USE FROZEN WILD BLUEBERRIES IN THIS MUFFIN RECIPE?
Yes! This mini frozen wild blueberry muffin recipe was created with frozen blueberries!
HOW LONG TO BAKE MINI MUFFINS AT 425?
Mini blueberry muffins with crumb topping are baked for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees.
CAN I MAKE BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS WITH SOUR CREAM INSTEAD OF GREEK YOGURT?
Yes! Substitute out the vanilla greek yogurt at a 1:1 ratio for sour cream. Greek yogurt is a healthy blueberry streusel muffin ingredient that adds a good amount of protein and takes out a bit of the extra saturated fat from sour cream.
HOW DO I MAKE VEGAN BLUEBERRY LIL BITES?
To make your recipe vegan friendly, use these substitutes:
- 1 large egg--> use 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter--> 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegan butter
- ⅓ cup vanilla greek yogurt--> ⅓ cup plant based yogurt (any kind!)
- ⅛ cup milk--> ⅛ cup any kind of plant based milk
All other ingredients are vegan friendly!
More muffin recipes you might like:
- Nutella swirl banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Wheat flour banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Wheat flour strawberry banana muffins (Dairy free & Vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana muffins with wheat flour (Dairy free & Vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana zucchini muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Oat banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate chip banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Dairy free lemon poppy seed muffins (Vegan option!)
If you try this Mini Blueberry Muffin Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Mini Wild Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- Mini muffin tins
- Mini muffin papers
For the vanilla muffin batter:
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lg eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter vegan use coconut oil or vegan butter
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup vanilla greek yogurt vegan use any plant based yogurt
- ⅛ cup milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- t teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup wild blueberries
For the wild blueberry swirl:
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the crumble topping
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- ¾ tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch salt
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tbsp butter, melted vegan use vegan butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 20 mini muffin tins with mini muffin papers.
For the batter:
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, melted butter, vegetable oil, vanilla yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with the blueberries until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the mini muffin tins. I used about 1 tablespoon of batter in each one.
For the blueberry swirl:
- Mash the ½ cup of blueberries with the sugar. Divide this evenly on top of the batter.
For the crumble topping:
- Melt the butter. Mix in the sugar, brown sugar, salt and flour.
- Sprinkle this mixture across the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven. Rotate the pans once at 10 minutes to ensure even baking. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!