As a Registered Dietitian, I have the ability to order some of the most advanced health tests in medicine today.
Taking these tests are simple, and are done right from the convenience of your own home. Once the test is done, you ship it to the lab, where your results are analyzed. Then, I receive the results to personalize a diet & lifestyle approach just for you. We meet after I interpret your results and develop a plan together.
All tests come with a 1 hour consultation with me to go over your results.
The DUTCH Test - Advanced Hormone Testing
DUTCH stands for Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones.
The DUTCH test is the most comprehensive hormone test to date that offers an extensive profile of your stress and sex hormones, and melatonin. It takes into account metabolites, which are the breakdown products of the hormones. This test helps to identify symptoms of hormonal imbalances.
What the DUTCH test can measure:
- Estrogen (Estradiol, Estriol, and Estrone)
- Hormone metabolites (tell us how your body is effectively, or ineffectively using the hormone)
Genetic testing is the future of healthcare! No longer can we say "it's just in my genes and there's nothing I can do about it." Our genes are highly influenced by diet and lifestyle factors like stress, smoking, exposure to toxins, and food.
Knowing what genes are performing optimally, and which are not allows me to prescribe you precise lifestyle and nutritional recommendations to compensate for your genetic variations.
Diet and lifestyle are two of the main areas that can impact your genetics and health!!
Current Genetic Tests I offer:
- DNA Health
- reports on genes involved in: lipid (fat) metabolism, bone health, methylation (gene expression), inflammation, oxidative stress, insulin sensitivity, food responsiveness, and detoxification.
- DNA Diet
- reports on: obesity risk, carbohydrate and fat responsiveness, mono- and poly- unsaturated fat intakes, exercise responsiveness, eating behavior, satiety, circadian rhythms on weight management
- DNA Sport
- reports on: soft tissue injury risk, recovery from exercise, power potential, endurance potential, caffeine metabolism, salt sensitivity, and peak performance time
- DNA Oestrogen
- reports on: variations in genes involved in oestrogen metabolism, impact of high-risk genetic polymorphisms (mutations), intervention strategies for carriers, personalized risk factors associated with HRT, oral contraceptives, in-vitro fertilization
- DNA Mind
- reports on: neurodegenerative disorders, mood disorders, addictive behaviors
- DNA Skin
- reports on: collagen formation and breakdown, sun sensitivity and pigmentation, sun damage, oxidative stress, skin sensitivity
These genetic tests can help provide more insight into weight management, lifestyle diseases, hormonal imbalances, mood & mental health disorders, and skin conditions.
40–80% of the variance in body weight is due to genetic factors, which is why not everyone gains or loses weight while following the same diet, despite being exposed to similar environments.
Gut Health Testing - GI MAP Test
The Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP). The GI MAP test is one of the most innovative gut health testing services.
The GI MAP test was designed to detect microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance or contributing to illness as well as indicators of digestion, absorption, inflammation, and immune function.
You might benefit from the GI MAP test if you have any of the following:
- Hormone Imbalance
- Digestion issues
- Foodborne illness
- Gastroenteritis (if it has viral causes)
- Gut dysbiosis
- Suspected bacterial, parasitic or viral pathogenesis (incl. detection of antibiotic resistant bacteria)
All tests are paid by you to the supplier and are shipped directly to your home. Prices vary depending on selection of testing services. Call or email to discuss which tests would be most suitable for you. Please allow approximately 3 weeks from the time you send the test back to our meeting to go over your results.
I accept HSA cards for payment. Depending on your insurance plan, you can submit a claim to your insurance for reimbursement.
For a list of tests available to you & their prices please email me: [email protected]