Santa's hat smoothie! My delicious Christmas themed smoothie recipe is made with a creamy vanilla chia seed pudding and piled high with a thick red smoothie! This Santa smoothie is a perfect fun smoothie recipe to make around the holidays when you want something healthy.
Happy Holidays to all with a Santa's Hat Smoothie! Christmas is really the most wonderful time of the year! It is full of joy and giving. I hope you enjoy this healthy Christmas smoothie as much as we did! The chia pudding is totally optional, but makes it a nice balanced smoothie that you can eat as a meal.
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
CHRISTMAS SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
My delicious holiday smoothie can be made with the chia pudding on the bottom or without it is totally up to you! I love making chia seed pudding with my smoothies to make a more balanced and filling smoothie.
You just need a few simple ingredients to make my healthy Christmas smoothie recipe.
- chia seeds
- milk of choice
- frozen bananas
- beet root powder (for red color)
- collagen or protein powder (optional)
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY CHRISTMAS SMOOTHIE
Step 1: Make your chia seed pudding
Since chia pudding takes a little bit of time to gel, you will want to start by making this.
First, add 4 tablespoons of chia seeds to a bowl. Add a half of a cup of milk. I like using soy milk for my chia pudding. But, you can use the type of milk you want! Whisk the chia and milk with a fork and let sit about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, you can whisk the chia pudding again. You will notice it has started to “gel,” or thicken. Make sure you evenly mix it! Add the other half cup of your milk and whisk again.
Now, you can pour your chia pudding into a parfait jar to continue thickening while you make your santa’s red smoothie!
Step 2: Make your Santa's Hat Smoothie!
To make the holiday smoothie recipe, all you have to do is add 3 simple ingredients to a blender: 4 frozen bananas, 2 tablespoons of beet root powder, and 1 scoop of collagen powder. You may need to turn off your blender and stir it many times to make sure it combines. See the video below on what the texture should look like.
And that is it! Your Christmas smoothie jar is done and you can relax while you prepare for the holidays ahead!
MORE HEALTHY EASY SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- mango pineapple smoothie
- healthy pina colada smoothie
- blueberry smoothie with chia seed pudding
- carrot orange smoothie
- blue smoothie with blue chia seed pudding
- green smoothie with chia seed pudding
- strawberry banana smoothie parfait
- chocolate frosty smoothie (Wendy's copycat frosty)
If you try my Easy Christmas Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Santa’s Hat Christmas Smoothie!
For the chia pudding:
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup soy milk **
- First, start by mixing ½ cup of the milk with 4 tablespoons of chia seeds. Let it sit about 10 minutes.4 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 cup soy milk
- After your chia pudding has started to "gel," whisk in the remaining ½ cup of milk.
- While the chia pudding continues to thicken, make your smoothie.
- In a blender, add the bananas, the beet root powder, and the collagen powder. Blend it until it is smooth and creamy. You may have to turn off the blender and stir it several times.4 frozen bananas, 2 tablespoon beet root powder, 1 scoop collagen powder
- Top your chia seed pudding with your smoothie and enjoy immediately!