Healthy Apple Pie Cheesecake! My no bake vegan apple pie cheesecake is made with an easy cookie crust, cashew cream cheese filling and topped with cinnamon maple apples. My healthy apple pie cheesecake recipe is the perfect healthy Thanksgiving dessert recipe!
Apple Pie Cheesecake is:
- Easy to make!
- No bake
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Healthy for kids!
I created this easy apple pie cheesecake randomly when I was trying to figure out what to do with leftover cookies. Then I thought, I could make a pie crust with my leftover chocolate chip cookies!
I looked at the fall apples on my counter and wanted to make an apple pie , but didn’t have enough for a whole pie. So the Healthy Apple Pie Cheesecake with a Cookie Crust was born! It was so delicious and a nice healthy spin you can feed toddlers and kids too!
APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Coconut oil
- Raw cashews
- Milk of choice
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pink sea salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
CAN YOU FREEZE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE?
Yes! You can freeze my vegan apple pie cheesecake until you are ready to serve it with the apple pie topping. Once you add the apples on top, store your vegan apple cheesecake in the fridge.
If you need to store it for longer in the freezer, simply store the cooked apples separately in an air tight container in your fridge.
IS CHEESECAKE STILL GOOD IF NOT REFRIGERATED?
No!! The maximum time you should leave any cheesecake out, even if it is made with healthy ingredients like this one is 2 hours.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST NO BAKE APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
MAKE SURE TO USE RAW (NOT ROASTED OR SALTED!!) CASHEWS. Raw cashews are not only healthier, but they blend into a smooth and creamy raw cheesecake.
SOAK YOUR CASHEWS OVERNIGHT. Soaking the cashews for vegan apple cheesecake allows them to soften and blend into a delicious creamy texture.
SOFTEN DATES FOR 30 MINUTES IN HOT WATER BEFORE BLENDING. They will blend into your cheesecake filling way better if you soak them and soften the tough date skin.
USE A SPRING FORM PAN. This will make it way easier to get your pie out after freezing it!
FREEZE CHEESECAKE OVERNIGHT TO SET. My no bake apple pie cheesecake will have the best serving texture if you let it set overnight in the freezer.
THAW AT ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR 15-30 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING. Thaw frozen raw cheesecake to get a perfectly creamy cheesecake texture.
STORE APPLE TOPPING SEPARATELY AND ADD WHEN YOU SERVE THE CHEESECAKE. Apples do not freeze well, so store them in the fridge separately.
HOW TO MAKE MY EASY NO BAKE APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE
Step 1: soak cashews
Add raw cashews to a glass container. Pour water on top and cover with a lid. Place cashews in the fridge to soak overnight. Make sure to drain the water before you add it to the blender the next day.
Soaking the cashews allows them to soften and blend into a delicious creamy texture. I usually soak mine in a glass container overnight. But, in a pinch, you can soak them for 1 hour in hot water while you prepare the rest of your recipe.
Step 2: make the cookie crust
To make the cookie crust, put 10 medium sized cookies in a blender along with 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Pulse until it resembles crumbs.
Press the crust into the bottom of your spring-form pan.
Step 3: make the easy apple pie cheesecake filling
In a blender or food processor add:
- soaked & drained cashews
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup soy milk
- 4 dates
- dash of sea salt
Blend until it is smooth and creamy.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over your cookie layer. Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours, preferably over night if you have the time. This lets the cheesecake firm up.
Step 4: Make your healthy apple pie topping
Peel, core, and chop your 4 apples. You can use any kind of apple that you have on hand.
Heat a small pan over medium heat. in your pan add:
- the 4 sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
Cook just until apples have softened. Do not overcook them or they will get mushy.
HOW TO SERVE NO BAKE APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE
Time for the best part! Serving your healthy delicious apple pie cheesecake!
Take the cheesecake from the freezer and let it stand at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes until it is soft.
Remove the edge from the spring-form pan. Make sure you run a warm butter knife along the edge of the spring-form pan before opening it to ensure your pie stays in tact!
Finally, pile the cheesecake with your apple pie topping. Slice and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE
You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 5 days! Make sure it is completely covered, any exposed edges could cause it to dry out.
Or, store it pre-sliced in the freezer in an airtight container lined with parchment paper for up to a month. I suggest storing the apple topping separately since apples will not freeze as well as the cheesecake.
Frequently asked questions about my healthy apple pie cheesecake.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES SHOULD I USE FOR A HEALTHY COOKIE PIE CRUST?
Use any kind that you like! Make sure to choose gluten free and/or dairy free if you are gluten or dairy sensitive. Look for an added sugar content of less than 3 grams per cookie.
HOW DO I MAKE NO BAKE APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS INSTEAD OF A ROUND CHEESECAKE?
Simply use any square or rectangular pan instead of the spring form pan. The larger the pan, the thinner your cheesecake bars will be.
HOW DO I MAKE MINI APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE INSTEAD?
Use either mini silicone tart molds, or use muffin tins lined with muffin papers to prevent sticking.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN A NO BAKE CHEESECAKE?
If you want to thicken your cheesecake add half the liquid ingredients first and test the texture. Add more to the consistency you want.
If you have already combined all the ingredients, add arrowroot or cornstarch mixed with warm water 1 tablespoon at a time to get to the right consistency.
More Healthy Apple Dessert Recipes:
- Sugar Free Crockpot Apple Butter
- Healthy Apple Crisp with Oats and Almond Flour
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins Dairy Free
Looking for more healthy Thanksgiving pie recipes? Try more healthy pie recipes!
- Gluten Free Pie Crust
- Almond Flour Pie Crust
- Wheat Flour Pie Crust
- Healthy Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Healthy Key Lime Pie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cream Pie
If you try this Vegan Apple Pie Cheesecake Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Apple Pie Cheesecake (Vegan No Bake)
- Food processor
- Spring form pan 6" for thick cheesecake, 9" for thin cheesecake
- Frying pan
For the chocolate chip cookie crust:
- 10 chocolate chip cookies any kind will work
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil melted
For the apple pie cheesecake filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted & cooled)
- ½ cup plain soy milk (unsweetened) or milk of choice
- 4 dates soaked in hot water 30 minutes
- Dash pink sea salt
For the maple caramel apple topping:
- 4 apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add raw cashews to a glass dish and fill with cool water. Cover and refrigerate overnight. This step helps to soften cashews so they can blend into a creamy cheesecake texture. Do not skip this step!
- In a high powered blender or a food processor, process the chocolate chips with 4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil. Press the cookie mixture to the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Drain the water from the soaked cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with vanilla extract, remaining melted coconut oil, milk, pitted dates, and sea salt.
- Blend cheesecake filling until completely smooth and creamy. Pour cheesecake filling over the prepared cookie crust and place in the freezer.You will want to freeze this until it is firm, approximately 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- To prepare the healthy apple pie topping, peel, core & chop the apples into bite sized chunks. Cook the apple chunks in a pan over medium heat with the ground cinnamon and maple syrup until the apples are soft and the maple syrup is slightly thickened.
- Thaw cheesecake about 15 mins at room temperature.Pour the apples over the cheese cake and slice into 12 pieces.
What a great recipe!! A perfect way to use up cookies in the crust too I love it
This is so creative!! I love the idea of using cookies in the crust!! I’ll be trying it this weekend when I test out thanksgiving pies !!
This is sooo good !! I love the cooked apples on top.. it’s like cookies with cheesecake and apple pie all in one… oh and healthy ingredients what could be better!! Happy Thanksgiving!
This is sooooo yummy!! And easy to make !