Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars. Gooey sweet and easy, delicious! My healthy no bake cookie dough bars will satisfy your sweet tooth and you don't even have to turn on the oven!
My no bake healthy cookie dough bars are made with all healthy ingredients including cashews, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. Even better, these super healthy cookie dough bars are sweetened naturally with dates!
My Healthy Cookie Dough Bars with Dates Recipe is:
- Easy freezer box dessert recipe!
- Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
Are you like me and always start eating the dough when you’re making cookies? On your third bite of the dough you think, oh my gosh how much raw eggs have I eaten?! Now you can make these easy healthy no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars that are totally edible!
HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BARS INGREDIENTS
- Raw cashews
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla bean (or pure vanilla extract)
- Dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- Pink sea salt
For the dark chocolate topping:
- 85-90% dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Coconut oil
WHAT DO HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BARS TASTE LIKE?
No bake cookie dough bars with cashews taste just like cookie dough! Gooey, sticky and sweet with no eggs, no dairy, and NO flour!
CAN YOU EAT HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BARS RAW?
Yes! My chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is totally flourless and egg free. All the ingredients are safe to eat raw!
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS
USE RAW UNSALTED CASHEWS. You will get the best smooth no bake chocolate chip cookie dough texture.
SOAK CASHEWS OVERNIGHT. This will soften hard cashews and help to blend them evenly into your dough.
SOAK DATES 15-30 MINUTES IN HOT WATER BEFORE BLENDING. Date skin is a little bit tough, and soaking them before blending helps to soften the skin a lot.
USE NATURAL UNSALTED PEANUT BUTTER. The only ingredient on your peanut butter jar should be "peanuts."
USE 85%+ DARK CHOCOLATE. The darker your chocolate (the higher the percentage), the more health benefits you get!
WATCH HOW I MADE EASY COOKIE DOUGH BARS WITH DATES
HOW TO MAKE EASY HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BARS WITH DATES
Healthy no bake chocolate chip cookie dough crack bars are SO easy to make. Plan about a day ahead, because you will get the best texture when you soak your raw cashews overnight to soften them.
Step 1: Soak the raw cashews
Add raw cashews to a medium sized bowl and cover completely with cool filtered water. Cover your bowl and place in the fridge to soak overnight.
Step 2: Make the no bake healthy chocolate chip cookie dough
Add dates to a small dish and cover with hot water. Allow dates to soak for about 15-30 minutes to soften before blending.
Next, line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a blender or food processor add: soaked and drained cashews and dates, peanut butter, vanilla bean (or extract), and sea salt.
Blend until totally pureed and smooth. If you like some cashew chunks, blend for less time!
Stir in ¼ cup dark mini chocolate chips if using.
Spread the smooth chocolate chip cookie dough batter into the bottom of your parchment prepared loaf pan.
Step 3: Make the chocolate topping
In a bowl, add the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil.
Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Stop the microwave every 30 seconds and stir your mixture to prevent it from burning to the bottom of your bowl.
Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
Place chocolate covered no bake cookie dough in the freezer to harden up for at least 2 hours! It is safe to eat now, but the texture is soo good when you freeze it.
Step 4: Thaw, cut, and eat!
I would recommend thawing these for about 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting them to get a nice creamy dough-like texture!
Remove the no bake chocolate chip cookie dough from the pan and remove the parchment paper from the bottom.
Then, cut into even squares.
You can store these easy cookie dough squares for about 1 month in an airtight container in the freezer.
Frequently asked questions about my healthy no bake cookie dough bars with dates.
WHAT KIND OF CASHEWS SHOULD I USE IN CASHEW COOKIE DOUGH BARS?
Choose raw and unsalted cashews. Look at the label and it should only say "raw cashews."
HOW DO I MAKE CHUNKY NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH?
Simply blend for less time so you can have tasty little bits of cashew in your cookie dough!
CAN I MAKE NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH BALLS INSTEAD OF BARS?
Yes! Instead of spreading cookie dough into the loaf pan, roll into balls and then freeze on a parchment paper lined plate. After freezing for ~2 hours, dip cookie dough balls in dark chocolate and freeze or refrigerate to set the chocolate.
CAN I MAKE HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BATTER IN A BLENDER?
It is possible! But since the cashews make a very thick sticky dough, it is much easier to use a food processor.
More healthy no bake desserts
- Raw Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Balls
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- No bake healthy cheesecake the original!
- No bake healthy blueberry cheesecake
- Healthy no bake snickers cheesecake bars
- Edible reese's cookie dough balls
- Twix bars with date caramel!
If you try this Healthy Cookie Dough Bar Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy No Bake Cookie Dough Bars with Dates
- Food processor
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
For the healthy cookie dough:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight*
- 6 pitted dates soaked in warm water ~15 mins
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter (unsalted)
- 2 inches vanilla bean sub 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips sub cacao nibs
For the dark chocolate topping:
- ½ cup 85-90% dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Soak 2 cups of raw cashews in water overnight.
- Soak 6 pitted dates in hot water to soften for 15-30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews, soaked and drained dates, peanut butter, vanilla bean, peanut butter, and salt until totally smooth. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan, pressing so it is evenly distributed.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate together. Pour over the top of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Place in the no bake cookie dough freezer for at least 2 hours. Best served thawed at room temperature at least 15 minutes! Store covered in the freezer up to 1 month.
Wow yum!! The texture of these was just incredible chewy an sweet. Just like cookie dough, but healthy!
Made these today and they came out soooo good!! I used milk chocolate though hehe but still I love all these healthy ingredients you used !!
So happy you loved them!!