Flourless sweet potato brownies in your blender! Would you believe it if I told you these brownies are sugar free and flour free and still delicious ?! I made my super easy sweet potato brownies in my blender with absolutely NO flour and NO sugar!
I'm a firm believer of eating dessert every day! For me, too much sugar can leave me feeling sluggish and uncomfortable. Sometimes I make those indulgent treats, but most of the time I make feel good treats that still satisfy my sweet tooth!
So what could possibly be in a sweet potato brownie without sugar or flour?! And no artificial sweeteners either! Let me tell you!
BLENDER FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO BROWNIE INGREDIENTS
- Unsweetened dark baking chocolate
- Creamy cashew butter or almond butter (or any nut/ seed butter)
- Mashed sweet potato
- Pure vanilla extract
- Cacao powder
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Pink sea salt
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
1. Unsweetened baking chocolate contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, copper.
2. Nut/ seed butter healthy fats for skin and brain health!
3. Sweet potatoes, thanks to their orange color are rich in the antioxidant beta carotene. Beta carotene is then converted to vitamin A in your body!
4. Dates are an excellent no sugar sweetener. They are high in potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, and fiber.
5. Eggs are a good source of protein! I made my sweet potato brownies with eggs to give them more protein and a nice slightly chewy texture.
6. Dark raw cacao powder is rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, copper. Instead of buying store bought for this recipe, I ground up raw cacao nibs. Try it sometime. The rich chocolate scent is amazing.
7. Coconut flour contains a high amount fiber. Fiber is great for your gut health!
8. Pink sea salt is a more natural and unprocessed form of salt. This results in it’s intact micro minerals.
Make these healthy flourless sweet potato brownies when you're craving something sweet without all the extra sugar!
WHAT DO FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO BROWNIES TASTE LIKE?
My sweet potato brownies without flour have a rich chocolatey taste, a subtle sweet flavor, and a fluffy cake like texture.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO BROWNIES IN YOUR BLENDER
SOAK DATES IN HOT WATER. I like to soak dates to soften up the texture so that they blend into your brownies easily and don't leave behind any date chunks.
STIR CHOCOLATE NUT BUTTER EVERY 30 SECONDS IN THE MICROWAVE. It is important to stir the mixture every 30 seconds. This will prevent the chocolate from burning.
COOL CHOCOLATE TO ROOM TEMP. Super hot chocolate might start to cook your eggs.
DO NOT OVER BAKE BROWNIES. This will cause them to dry out.
HOW TO MAKE EASY FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO BROWNIES IN A BLENDER
Step 1: Preheat oven and soak dates
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Soak ½ cup of pitted dates in hot water.
Step 2: Melt chocolate and nut butter
- Melt the 2 ounces of dark baking chocolate with nut butter of choice in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Let your chocolate cool slightly.
Step 3: Blend batter and bake
- In a blender, add all ingredients: mashed sweet potato, soaked dates (drained), egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract. melted baking chocolate and nut butter, cacao powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and pink sea salt.
- Turn the blender on low and blend. Turn blender off and scrape down sides. Blend again until smooth.
- Fold in any chopped nuts if using.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake brownies for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about my healthy flourless sweet potato brownie recipe.
CAN I USE THE SAME BATTER FOR FLOURLESS BROWNIE BITES?
Yes! A flourless chocolate lil bite is an excellent use of this brownie batter! Make the batter the exact same way, then divide evenly between greased or muffin paper lined mini muffin molds.
WHAT OTHER KINDS OF OIL CAN I USE IN SWEET POTATO BROWNIES IN PLACE OF COCONUT OIL?
You can use avocado oil or even melted organic butter in place of coconut oil. Coconut oil will give you a subtle coconut flavor.
HOW DO I MAKE SWEET POTATO BROWNIES WITHOUT NUT BUTTER?
If you don't have or don't like nut butter, replace with full fat plain Greek yogurt.
ARE THESE SWEET POTATO BROWNIES SUGAR FREE?
Yes! I used dates to sweeten my sweet potato brownies naturally. No coconut sugar, no honey, no maple syrup, and nothing artificial!
More Healthy Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
HOW TO STORE SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
Brownies can be stored at room temperature for up to a week. If you don’t plan to eat very many of them, you can save half for later. Place half in the freezer in an airtight container, where they will last up to a month!
WHAT CAN I DO WITH LEFTOVER BROWNIES?
Try making them as a healthy dairy free summer strawberries and cream brownie parfait jar! Layer fresh sliced strawberries, sweet potato brownies, and coconut whipped cream. Yum!
If you try this Flourless Sweet Potato Brownie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies (or lil Bites!)
- 8” x 8” glass square baking dish
- 2 oz unsweetened dark baking chocolate
- ¼ cup creamy cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup pitted dates, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk save the egg white for your morning omelette!
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon pink salt
Optional sweet potato brownie add-ins
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
How to make flourless sweet potato brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Cover ½ cup of pitted dates with hot water. Set aside ~15 minutes.
- Melt the 2 ounces of baking chocolate with the nut butter in the microwave, stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Allow to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a blender: mashed sweet potato, soaked dates (drained), egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract. melted baking chocolate and nut butter, cacao powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and pink sea salt.
- Turn the blender on low and blend. Turn blender off and scrape down sides. Blend again until smooth. Fold in any chopped nuts if using.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake brownies for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!