Dragon fruit smoothie bowl! This gorgeous pink dragon fruit smoothie bowl is so delicious and made with only 3 ingredients! Whether you call it pink pitaya, or pink dragon fruit you don't want to wait to make this smoothie bowl recipe!
I've been wanting to make a pitaya smoothie bowl for sooo long! But, living in Upstate New York, finding pink pitaya at the store is a luxury! The only way I would usually get some of this gorgeous pink fruit is on vacation!
I finally stumbled across some frozen pink dragon fruit and bought enough bags to last me awhile and I'm so excited to finally get to share my pink dragon fruit smoothie bowl!
DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE BOWL INGREDIENTS
If the name didn't give it away already, these are the 3 ingredients in my smoothie bowl!
- Frozen pink dragon fruit
- Frozen banana
- Vanilla soy milk
And yes, pink dragon fruit is the exact same thing as pink pitaya! 2 names for the same fruit!
ARE DRAGON FRUIT BOWLS HEALTHY?
Yes! Dragon fruit smoothie bowls are super healthy for you! Whether you are eating this as a breakfast, snack, or dessert, it is a totally healthy dietitian approved recipe!
- Dragon fruit is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber! The vitamin C in dragon fruit helps your skin build collagen naturally for glowing youthful skin.
- Bananas are a very common and healthy fruit! They have fiber, potassium, B vitamins, and more! I love bananas in smoothie bowls because they help give a super creamy not icy texture.
- Milk adds some protein, healthy fats, vitamin D, and calcium!
If you are making a pitaya smoothie bowl for breakfast, read the faq's section below for a balanced bowl. Because no, fruit alone is not a complete breakfast!
HOW TO MAKE A DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE BOWL
For full tips on how to make a perfect thick smoothie bowl, read this post I wrote awhile back!
STEP 1: ADD INGREDIENTS TO A BLENDER
First, add the frozen dragon fruit, frozen bananas, and milk to your blender. I like to let mine sit for about 5 minutes before blending for the perfect creamy texture.
STEP 2: BLEND TILL CREAMY
Start blender on low speed. Push frozen fruit down towards your blades as it blends with your blender tamper.
Turn up the speed as it becomes more creamy and keep pushing your fruit down until you have a creamy smooth dragon fruit smoothie.
STEP 3: SCOOP INTO BOWL AND ADD TOPPINGS
Scoop your dragon fruit smoothie into a bowl.
Add toppings and enjoy! I topped mine with thawed out dragon fruit chunks.
Other topping ideas:
- Different fresh fruit like sliced strawberries or blackberries
- Nuts and seeds like hemp seeds or chopped almonds
- Granola or muesli
- Nut butters like almond or cashew butter
HOW DO I MAKE A DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE BOWL WITHOUT BANANA?
If you don't like bananas, you can easily substitute mango, pineapple, or any other fruit!
Dragon fruit pineapple smoothie bowl is actually even sweeter than the banana one because pineapples are sooo sweet!
But, if you want that creamy texture without bananas, mango or peaches are your best choice.
How many calories are in a dragon fruit smoothie bowl?
1 serving has about 125 calories. Calories may increase if you decide to add protein powder, or toppings.
Is acai and dragon fruit the same?
No acai and dragon fruit are two totally different fruits!
Can I use a different kind of milk?
Yes! Any kind of milk or even yogurt works in this smoothie bowl recipe.
How do I make a dragon fruit smoothie bowl with yogurt?
Yes! Simply replace the milk with ½ cup any kind of yogurt. Choose plain yogurt and watch out for sneaky added sugars in yogurts which can turn a healthy smoothie bowl into a sugar laden unhealthy one.
How can I make this recipe for breakfast?
For a balanced breakfast, your smoothie bowl needs two extra things:
- Fats: full fat yogurt, coconut milk, coconut flakes/chips, nuts, seeds, nut butters.
- Protein: yogurt, protein powder, collagen powder, nuts, seeds, nut butters.
Use any of these inside the smoothie bowl base, or as a topping.
More delicious smoothie bowl recipes:
- Acai smoothie bowl
- Magic shell smoothie bowl
- Strawberry mango smoothie bowl
- Mango smoothie bowl
- Strawberry smoothie bowl
- Watermelon smoothie bowl
- Blueberry smoothie bowl
- Pineapple banana smoothie bowl
- Blue smoothie bowl
- Strawberry peach smoothie bowl
If you try this Pink Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
For the pink dragon fruit smoothie bowl base:
- 2 cups Frozen pink dragon fruit aka pink pitaya
- 2 Frozen bananas sub frozen pineapple or mango
- ½ cup Milk of choice
Optional for more protein/ fat:
- 2 tablespoon Hemp seeds
- 1 scoop Protein or collagen powder
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Keep blending until smooth and creamy and no frozen fruit remains.
- Scoop into a bowl, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!