Acai smoothie bowl without banana! My delicious thick and creamy acai smoothie bowl is made with just 3 simple ingredients. You don't want to miss out on this tropical escape!
I was shopping at Costco last week and was soo excited because they had pink dragon fruit back in stock! Yay because in Upstate NY that's the only way you'll be seeing dragon fruit on my blog. Unless I'm lucky enough to have set up camp in Bali one day. 🙂
So I blended up my acai with mango the first time and it totally delicious, but not the most aesthetic acai bowl you will see. Take two and I blended it with my rare dragon fruit find and it was absolutely gorgeous!
WHAT'S IN MY THICK ACAI SMOOTHIE BOWL WITHOUT BANANA?
This is all you will need!
- Frozen acai
- Frozen pink pitaya chunks
- Any kind of milk
ARE ACAI SMOOTHIE BOWLS HEALTHY?
Yes they are definitely healthy! I eat smoothie bowls as a breakfast, lunch, snack and even dessert! I want to note that this bowl does not have a lot of protein, so if you are eating it as a meal definitely add your favorite protein powder to the acai bowl base.
Acai smoothie bowl health benefits:
- Pink dragon fruit (pink pitaya) is rich in fiber (1 cup is about ⅓ the fiber you need in a whole day!), iron, magnesium, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- Acai is rich in healthy fats, fiber, vitamin A, and antioxidants!
- Milk, especially if you use regular milk/ soy milk/ flax milk with protein adds a good amount of vitamin D, calcium, and protein!
ACAI SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- A packet of frozen acai (I used 100 gram packet)
- 2 cups frozen pink pitaya chunks
- ¼ cup any kind of milk
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- A high powered blender
- Coconut bowls for serving
LET'S MAKE IT!
STEP 1: add ingredients to your blender
Add all 3 ingredients to your blender.
STEP 2: blend it up!
Start your blender on low speed. Push frozen fruit down towards the blades and turn up the speed as you blend.
Keep blending until there is no frozen fruit chunks left.
Read this for full tips on how to make a perfect thick smoothie bowl!
STEP 3: scoop and serve
Scoop your acai bowl into a coconut bowl.
Smooth out the top, add your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, granola, and coconut flakes.
Frequently asked questions about my acai smoothie bowl recipe with no banana.
Is smoothie bowl and acai the same thing?
No! A smoothie bowl can be made out of a variety of frozen fruit. While acai is a specific fruit.
Are acai bowls good for weight loss?
Yes! Eat acai bowls in place of sweet candy cravings and ice cream! Acai bowls are loaded with nutrients that support metabolism, and fiber that helps keep you full longer.
Can you eat acai everyday?
Yes if you want to! However, I would only eat it a couple times a week and try to eat different fruits every day. When you eat a diverse diet, you are more likely to meet all your body's needs without supplementing!
Does acai make you poop?
It can help! Since acai has fiber, it can help move things along. Try to get at least 25 grams of fiber and drink 8-10 cups of plain water per day for a healthy gut.
More delicious thick smoothie bowl recipes without bananas:
- Magic shell smoothie bowl
- Strawberry mango smoothie bowl
- Mango smoothie bowl
- Strawberry smoothie bowl
- Pineapple smoothie bowl
- Creamsicle smoothie bowl
- Watermelon smoothie bowl
- Dragon fruit smoothie bowl
- Strawberry peach smoothie bowl
If you try this Acai Bowl Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Acai Smoothie Bowl No Banana
For the acai bowl:
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 2 cups frozen pink dragon fruit chunks (pink pitaya)
- ¼ cup milk of choice I used vanilla soy milk
Smoothie bowl topping ideas:
- sliced strawberries
- coconut flakes
- Add acai packet, dragon fruit, and milk to your blender.
- Turn blender on low. Push frozen fruit down towards the blades. Turn up the speed and keep blending until your acai bowl is smooth and creamy.
- Scoop into a bowl. Smooth out the top. Add toppings and enjoy!