Thick creamsicle smoothie bowl. My ultra thick creamsicle smoothie bowl is super healthy for you and made with only 3 ingredients! All you need is frozen oranges, frozen pineapple, and vanilla whole milk Greek yogurt!
My Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Bowl Recipe is:
- Healthy for you!
- No banana
- Great healthy creamsicle dessert for kids!
- Safe for babies
- Naturally gluten free
Creamsicle is one of my favorite smoothie bowl flavors! It is such a simple smoothie bowl, but so so flavorful! My creamsicle smoothie bowl is made thick and creamy with no banana and some delicious whole milk greek yogurt! It's a great way to use up in season oranges during the winter time!
IS A CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE HEALTHY?
My orange creamsicle smoothie with yogurt, oranges, and pineapple is super healthy for you and makes an excellent dessert!
- Oranges are high in fiber and vitamin C! Vitamin C is needed to absorb iron in your body. It is also needed to effectively use collagen-- so that means it is great for your skin health!
- Pineapple is ultra high in antioxidants which help keep you healthy and your skin and nails looking great!
- Greek Yogurt is high in protein and probiotics to feed your good gut bugs. And bonus, full fat Greek yogurt is way better for ladies than low fat Greek! 🙂
If you're eating a creamsicle breakfast smoothie bowl- make sure to add some extra protein toppings to make it a complete meal like nuts, seeds, nut butter, or blend in your favorite orange or vanilla protein powder.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER THICK ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE BOWL
PEEL AND FREEZE ORANGE SLICES FLAT ON PARCHMENT PAPER. Freeze your orange slices on parchment paper flat to prevent them from sticking together in big clumps.
USE RIPE FROZEN ORANGE SLICES. OJ is good in smoothies, but you don't need it in your smoothie to make a great creamsicle flavor!
USE YOUR BLENDER TAMPER! Push frozen fruit chunks down towards the blades as your blender is running to get a smooth and creamy thick texture. If you don't have a tamper, turn your blender off every couple of minutes to push the frozen fruit down to the bottom of your blender.
HOW DO I MAKE AN ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE INSTEAD OF A SMOOTHIE BOWL?
Simple add about 1 cup of your favorite milk along with the oranges, pineapple, and greek yogurt. Vanilla milk is best so you can get a great creamsicle smoothie flavor.
ARE SMOOTHIE BOWLS ACTUALLY HEALTHY?
Yes! Smoothie bowls are an excellent way to pack in a lot of nutrients from fruit! They make an excellent healthy dessert too 🙂
IS IT BAD TO EAT A SMOOTHIE BOWL EVERY DAY?
No! You can eat a smoothie bowl every day as part of a healthy diet. Make sure to use only frozen fruit, frozen vegetables, and unsweetened milks & yogurts.
CAN YOU LOSE WEIGHT EATING SMOOTHIE BOWLS?
Yes! Replace sugar filled desserts with frozen fruit only smoothie bowls!
CAN YOU ADD CHIA SEEDS TO SMOOTHIES?
Yes! You can blend chia seeds into smoothie bowls for some extra fiber & nutrients.
WHAT MAKES A SMOOTHIE BOWL CREAMY?
To get creamy smoothie bowls, keep blending until your smoothie bowl has no chunks of frozen fruit left.
Try More of my Healthy Thick Smoothie Bowl Recipes
- Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Thick Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- Ultra Thick Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Red Smoothie Bowl
- Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- Pink Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie bowl
- Pink Mermaid Smoothie Bowl
- Cotton Candy Smoothie Bowl
- Avocado Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
WATCH HOW I MADE MY CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE BOWL
HOW TO MAKE A THICK PINEAPPLE ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE BOWL
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Frozen orange slices
- Frozen pineapple chunks
- Vanilla whole milk Greek Yogurt (5% fat)
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
HOW TO MAKE A THICK ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE BOWL
STEP 1: FREEZE ORANGES
First, peel 2 ripe oranges. Separate slices of oranges and freeze them flat on parchment paper.
STEP 2: ADD INGREDIENTS TO YOUR BLENDER
Add the frozen orange slices, frozen pineapple, and vanilla greek yogurt to your blender.
Note: make sure the sugar is less than 5 grams on the vanilla greek yogurt or even 0 grams added sugar is best! If you're making it for babies or kids, make sure to have 0 added sugar vanilla yogurt.
STEP 3: BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH AND CREAMY
Use your tamper to keep pushing frozen fruit down towards the blades until your smoothie is totally creamy.
STEP 4: SCOOP AND TOP
Scoop into a bowl and add toppings like more fruit, nuts, and seeds.
Hope you enjoy!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Thick Creamsicle Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen oranges
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup whole milk vanilla Greek yogurt (5% fat)
- In a blender, add all of your ingredients.
- Blend until there are no chunks of frozen fruit left.
- Scoop into a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!