Blueberry smoothie bowl recipe with no banana! My blueberry smoothie bowl without banana is made with just 2 simple ingredients. It is thick, delicious and refreshing.
Summer is finally here! We opened our pool last week and I can't be more excited to enjoy the warm weather!
By popular request, I am making this blueberry smoothie bowl without yogurt or banana! Some people have food sensitivities, sometimes it is just preference! But, if you do like these two ingredients you can definitely add them into your smoothie bowl.
BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL INGREDIENTS
There are just two ingredients in my new smoothie bowl recipe!
- Frozen blueberries
- Milk of choice
IS A BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! Blueberry smoothie bowls are super healthy for you! They are great for gut health, weight loss, and make the perfect healthy summer treat. If you want to make a smoothie bowl for a well balanced breakfast, read the FAQ's section below.
Blueberry smoothie bowl calories: 118 calories
TIPS TO MAKE A BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL SUPER THICK WITHOUT BANANA
USE ONLY FROZEN BLUEBERRIES. Fresh blueberries will not work in smoothie bowls!
USE JUST A BIT OF MILK. I use about ⅛ cup milk per 1 cup of any frozen fruit.
KEEP BLENDING! Keep your blending your smoothie until there are no chunks of blueberries left. You may need to turn off your blender and scrape down the sizes, or, use your blender tamper to push frozen blueberries down to the blades.
ENJOY IMMEDIATELY. Smoothie bowls do not store well, so add your toppings and enjoy before it melts!
Want more tips on how to make a thick smoothie bowl? Read my full post here!
HOW TO MAKE A BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL WITH NO BANANA
This smoothie bowl recipe is so easy to make! It makes the perfect healthy treat for summer and blueberry season.
STEP 1: ADD FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND MILK TO YOUR BLENDER
Add 2 cups of frozen blueberries and ¼ cup of any kind of milk to your blender.
STEP 2: TURN BLENDER ON AND BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH
Start your blender on low, using your tamper to push frozen fruit down towards the blades. If you don't have a blender with a tamper, simply turn your blender off and scrape it down multiple times.
STEP 3: SCOOP AND TOP!
Once you have a smooth blueberry smoothie, scoop it into a bowl. Add your toppings and enjoy immediately!
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, blackberries, and more!
- Granola: always look for the lowest sugar content for a healthy topping!
- Nuts & seeds: I love using chia seed pudding on top of my bowls!
- Yogurt: make sure to choose unsweetened yogurt.
- Nut butter: almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, and more!
More thick smoothie bowl recipes you might like
- Strawberry smoothie bowl
- Watermelon smoothie bowl
- Dragon fruit smoothie bowl
- Acai smoothie bowl
- Strawberry mango smoothie bowl
- Blue pineapple banana smoothie bowl
- Tropical coconut shell smoothie bowl!
- Strawberry pineapple smoothie bowl
- Strawberry peach smoothie bowl
How do I make a blueberry smoothie bowl with just blueberries?
All you need to do is let your berries thaw for about 5 minutes before blending. And then blend until it is totally smooth. Adding milk simply helps the smoothie blend faster.
How do I make a blueberry smoothie bowl vegan?
My recipe is already vegan! Just choose your favorite plant based milk.
Can I eat a blueberry smoothie bowl for weight loss?
Yes! Blueberries are loaded with healthy benefits that support metabolism and gut health for sustainable weight loss.
How do I make a smoothie bowl for breakfast?
A complete breakfast needs 3 things: fruit and/ or vegetable, healthy fats, and protein. To make a balanced smoothie bowl for breakfast, make sure to add these to your bowl. These ingredients can be added right into the blueberry smoothie, or added as toppings.
- Healthy fats: nuts, seeds, nut butter, full fat yogurt, full fat coconut milk, coconut flakes or coconut chips
- Protein: protein powder, collagen powder, unsweetened yogurt, nuts, seeds, nut butter, milk that includes protein
If you try my Blueberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl without Banana
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ⅛-1/4 cup milk of choice I used plain oat milk
- In a blender, add frozen blueberries and milk.
- Start blender on low speed.
- Use your blender tamper to push fruit down towards the blades.If you don't have a tamper, turn your blender off every half minute and scrape the frozen fruit down towards the bottom of the blender.
- Keep blending and pushing frozen fruit down until there are no frozen blueberries remaining.
- Scoop into a bowl.
- Add toppings.