Almond flour funfetti cupcakes! My light fluffy funfetti cupcakes with almond flour are a recipe you don't want to miss!
I've been wanting to make an almond flour cupcake or cake recipe for awhile now and the craving hit last night, so I looked for a good recipe. I found these amazing funfetti cake bars on the toasted pine nut and turned them into cupcakes!
I love baking with almond flour, it is higher in protein fats and nutrients than white flour. I hope you love my funfetti almond flour cupcakes as much as we did and thanks again to the toasted pine nut for the recipe inspiration!
ALMOND FLOUR FUNFETTI CUPCAKES INGREDIENTS
- super fine almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- pink sea salt
- agave syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles
ARE ALMOND FLOUR CUPCAKES HEALTHY FOR YOU?
Okay so this is kind of a loaded question.. and I DO love making healthy desserts with dates instead of sugar and different nuts/ nut butters.
BUT, not all desserts I make are totally healthy. Not all have 0 sugar because for me that is an unrealistic way to live and sometimes I just want a regular slice of cake or cookie or whatever. So are cupcakes with almond flour healthy.. yes and no.
They have less refined ingredients like no bleached and refined white flour, and I use organic ingredients so less toxins. But they do still have agave which behaves as regular sugar in your body and regular buttercream frosting.
If you're looking for super healthy desserts, check out my no-added sugar page.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST ALMOND FLOUR FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
MAKE SURE BUTTER AND EGGS ARE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE. If either is cold, the wet ingredients will not mix together very well.
SMOOTH OUT THE TOP OF CUPCAKES BEFORE BAKING. Since almond flour cupcakes won't puff up as much as all-purpose ones, make sure that you smooth out the tops or you'll have very bumpy cupcake tops.
BEAT ALMOND FLOUR MIXTURE IN VERY WELL. Since there's really no risk of over-beating almond flour since there's no gluten in these cupcakes, make sure to beat the dry ingredients very well so that the butter is evenly distributed.
LET SIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE BAKING. If you wait to put your cupcakes in the oven, the baking powder will start to activate and puff up the almond flour cupcake batter before baking. This will give you a much lighter fluffier texture!
COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE ADDING YOUR FUNFETTI BUTTERCREAM FROSTING! If you frost before cupcakes are totally cooled, you will have a mess of melted frosting.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
For full recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
STEP 1: SIFT DRY INGREDIENTS
In a small bow, sift together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
STEP 2: BEAT WET INGREDIENTS
In the bowl of a standing mixer cream the butter. Once fluffy and creamy, beat in the agave, eggs, and vanilla.
STEP 3: FOLD DRY INTO WET AND BAKE!
Beat the sifted almond flour into the wet ingredients until completely combined. Finally, fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
Divide almond flour funfetti cupcake batter evenly between the 12 cupcake tins. I used a little more than ¼ cup of cupcake batter per cupcake.
Let stand for about 5 minutes before putting in the oven. This helps the baking powder start to activate and make your almond flour cupcakes fluffier!
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Frequently asked questions about my funfetti cupcakes with almond flour.
How do I make dairy free almond flour cupcakes?
You can replace the butter with any vegan butter. All other ingredients in this recipe are already dairy free.
How do I make vegan funfetti cupcakes?
I have not tried to make this recipe vegan yet, but here would be my substitutions if I did:
- Butter--> replace with vegan butter
- Eggs--> use flax eggs or applesauce
How do I store these cupcakes?
Store them at room temperature for only 1-2 days. If you are storing them for longer, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Make sure to let stand for about 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
More desserts with almond flour you might like:
- Peanut butter cookies with almond flour
- Chocolate chip cookies with almond flour
- Apple crisp with oats and almond flour
- Almond flour pie crust
- Pumpkin muffins with almond flour
- Twix bars with almond flour crust
- Red velvet cake bites
If you try this Almond Flour Funfetti Cupcake Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Almond Flour Funfetti Cupcakes
- Standing mixer or bowl and beaters
- cupcake tins
- 2 ½ cups super fine almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, very soft at room temp.
- ½ cup agave syrup or honey
- 3 lg eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
Buttercream funfetti frosting:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon any kind of milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch pink sea salt
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- rainbow sprinkles to decorate
For the almond flour funfetti cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 12 cupcake tins, set aside.In a small bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Beat butter in a separate bowl. Add eggs, agave nectar, vanilla extract and beat until completely combined.Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in rainbow sprinkles.
- Divide between 12 prepared cupcake tins. About ¼ cup per cupcake. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the funfetti buttercream frosting:
- Cream butter. Add in the salt, vanilla, milk, and sugar. Beat again until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting on top of cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with more rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
Oh my gosh these were sooo good! I’ve been trying to find a light fluffy almond flour cupcake recipe forever and here it is. Thank you thank you!!
Ahhhh these look incredible!! I can’t wait to see you make more cupcake recipes I love your smoothie bowls but I absolutely loooove seeing desserts like this! Totally making these
I'm so happy you loved them!
I'll definitely be making more almond flour desserts!