Healthy pumpkin brownies recipe! My pumpkin fudge brownies are made in 1 bowl and filled with healthy ingredients like pumpkin puree and almond butter. You can make these easy pumpkin brownies in 1 hour!
Fall is the best time of year for baking all the fun pumpkin dessert recipes. I love sweet fluffy pumpkin cinnamon rolls and the decadent fall treats, but what I love even more is being able to make a treat that is equally as tasty with healthier ingredients.
My pumpkin puree brownies make the perfect healthy fall treat that your whole family will love. They are flourless and sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup!
INGREDIENTS IN MY HEALTHY PUMPKIN BROWNIES
My fudgy pumpkin brownies are made with healthy ingredients for a fun fall treat you can feed the whole family, toddlers included!
- Pumpkin puree from organic canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree.
- Almond butter. I love almond butter because it adds protein and healthy fats.
- Egg from my local farmer!
- Pure maple syrup. Make sure you get pure and not imitation.
- Pure vanilla extract. Make sure your vanilla is pure too.
- Cacao powder is higher in nutrients that cocoa powder.
- Baking soda
- Pink sea salt. I love using pink salt which is less refined than bleached table salt.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST DENSE FUDGY PUMPKIN BROWNIE RECIPE EVER!
MIX VERY WELL! Almond butter tends to clump as it sits in the cupboard and settles. Make sure to mix it till its totally smooth and then stir it into your pumpkin brownie batter very well too.
USE FRESH SPICES. It's tempting to use up spices from the back of the cupboard, but the longer you've stored them, the less potent they become. Spices are the one thing I would never buy in bulk and instead buy a small jar at the beginning of the season.
USE CACAO POWDER. Cacao powder will give your healthy pumpkin brownies even more healthy benefits since it is less refined than standard cocoa powder.
BAKE PUMPKIN BROWNIES TILL JUST DONE. Don't overbake your brownies or they will turn out dry instead of fudgy.
HOW TO MAKE FUDGY PUMPKIN BROWNIES IN 1 BOWL
Grab 1 bowl and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, my healthy chocolate pumpkin brownies will be done in under 1 hour!
STEP 1 MIX PUMPKIN BROWNIE BATTER
In a bowl, add all of your ingredients:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon pink sea salt
Mix very well until there are no pumpkin or almond butter lumps.
STEP 2 BAKE
Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Use 8 x 8 and not 9 x 9. A 9 x 9 pan will give you very thin pumpkin brownies!
Spread your pumpkin brownie batter evenly into your pan.
Bake in the center rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes depending on how hot your oven runs.
STEP 3 COOL AND ENJOY!
Remove your brownies from your oven as soon as the center is done and a toothpick comes out with crumbs and not batter. You're not looking for a clean toothpick, as this would tell you you've probably baked them too long.
Allow your pumpkin brownies to cool completely before slicing and eating.
I hope you guys love these brownies as much as we did! What pumpkin dessert should I make next? I'm thinking some healthy pumpkin cinnamon rolls!
More healthy fall recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin chickpea cookie dough
- Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin spice energy balls
- Pumpkin cheesecake truffles (no cream cheese)
- Mini pumpkin cheesecakes
- Pumpkin smoothie
- Pumpkin pie overnight oatmeal
WHAT CAN I USE AS A SWEETENER IN PLACE OF THE MAPLE SYRUP?
You can use honey, date syrup, 1 mashed extra ripe banana, coconut sugar, or brown sugar.
ARE THESE PUMPKIN BROWNIES GLUTEN FREE?
Yes! These are totally gluten free friendly.
HOW DO I MAKE THESE PUMPKIN BROWNIES VEGAN FRIENDLY?
Simply replace the 1 egg with 1 flax seed egg.
Mix 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds with 2 tablespoons water.
CAN I MAKE THESE PUMPKIN BROWNIES WITH NO CHOCOLATE?
Yes! You can replace the cacao powder with almond flour for a pure pumpkin brownie, maybe I'd call this version a pumpkin blondie. 🙂
If you try my Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Pumpkin Brownies (So Fudgy!)
- 8 x 8 square baking pan
- In a bowl, add all of your ingredients.
- Mix very well until there are no pumpkin or almond butter lumps.
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Spread your pumpkin brownie batter evenly into your pan. Bake in the center rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Allow your pumpkin brownies to cool completely before slicing.Enjoy! Happy fall!