Healthy samoa cookie bars! If you love girl scout cookies, you're going to love my healthy no bake samoa cookie bars! My samoa cookies are very lightly sweetened and filled with healthy ingredients like almond flour, unsweetened coconut and more!
These samoa girl scout cookie bars have been one of my favorite healthy treats for awhile now! This samoa bar recipe is a 100% no bake recipe so it makes THE perfect summer treat when you are craving a cookie!
I came across the samoa bars recipe a year or so ago and fell in love with them. Over time I've made substitutions and adjustments to make them just the way I like them and I just had to share the recipe. I hope you love these healthy samoa cookie bars as much as we do!
HEALTHY SAMOA COOKIE BARS INGREDIENTS
A lot of times I get excited when I stumble across a scrumptious dessert recipe that's labelled as healthy.. But then I'm reading the ingredients and there's basically nothing healthy about them!
My no bake samoa cookie recipe is made with all good for you ingredients and just a touch of maple syrup for that sweet cookie taste. If you do like your treats on the sweeter side, double the maple syrup!
Ingredients you will need for the healthy shortbread cookie:
- Super fine shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
Ingredients you will need for the healthy coconut caramel:
- Creamy cashew butter
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Dark chocolate (I use 80% dark)
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE SAMOA BAR INGREDIENTS
There's nothing I love more than dessert! But one thing I love even more is when I can make a dessert equally tasty but filled with healthy ingredients. Let me tell you about all the great benefits of the ingredients in my healthy samoa bars!
- Shredded coconut and cashew butter are rich in healthy fats and fiber!
- Almond flour is another excellent source of healthy fats, fiber and plant based protein.
- Coconut oil is rich in medium chain fats which are burned quickly for energy!
- Sea salt has all of its micronutrients intact, rather than bleached salt.
- Dark chocolate is so full of nutrients where to begin! Iron, magnesium, fiber and more!
- Maple syrup while it still should be eaten in moderation, has a micronutrient called manganese.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST HEALTHY SAMOA COOKIE BARS
Use a parchment paper lined pan. This helps so much in getting the samoa bars out of your pan in one piece.
Press cookie crust down firmly. Make sure to press the bottom layer down very firmly so it stays together.
Use cashew butter! I find that peanut butter has an overpowering flavor, so cashew adds a delicious and subtly sweet flavor.
Freeze to set and the pre cut. I like to cut all the bars at once and have them ready to eat for later!
HOW TO MAKE MY HEALTHY NO BAKE SAMOA COOKIE BARS
STEP 1: MAKE THE HEALTHY ALMOND FLOUR SHORTBREAD CRUST
First, mix together a cup of finely shredded coconut, a cup of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and a quarter cup of melted coconut oil. Mix well to combine.
Press the mixture to the bottom of a 8 x 8 parchment paper lined pan. Set aside for now while you make the samoa cookie coconut caramel layer.
STEP 2: VEGAN COCONUT CARAMEL LAYER
In a small bowl, mix together a third cup of pure maple syrup, a cup of shredded coconut, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a half cup of cashew butter and a pinch of sea salt. Mix very well until you achieve a caramel like texture.
Spread your coconut caramel on top of the short bread cookie crust.
STEP 3: DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMEL DRIZZLE
Finally, melt a quarter cup of chopped dark chocolate and two tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from burning to the bottom of your dish.
Drizzle over the top of your coconut caramel. Place your samoa cookie bars in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
Remove from the freezer, cut into bars and enjoy!
I like to cut mine into 9 pieces, but you can cut into whatever size you like. Store covered in the fridge for up to two weeks!
If you like healthy desserts, you might like these no bake recipes:
- Snickers Bites
- Samoa stuffed dates
- Twix bars with date caramel
- Reese's cookie dough
- Mounds bars
- Snickers cheesecake bars
- Cookie dough bars
- Chocolate peanut butter fudge
- Cookies & cream milkshake
Frequently asked questions about my healthy samoa cookie bars.
How do I store no bake cookie bars?
Pre-cut the cookies and then place them back in your parchment paper lined pan. Cover tightly and store in your refrigerator for up to a week!
Can I use dates instead of maple syrup?
Definitely! If you're using dates instead, make sure to soak them in hot water for about 30 minutes and then drain the water off. Then, instead of mixing your ingredients in a bowl, you will need to use a food processor to puree the dates into the samoa cookie.
What can I use instead of cashew butter?
You can use any kind of nut butter, like peanut butter or almond butter. Just keep in mind, nut butters like peanut butter has a very strong flavor and you will definitely taste peanut flavor in your samoa cookies.
If you try my Healthy Vegan Samoa Cookie Bars Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Samoa Cookie Bars!
- 8 x 8 square baking dish
- Parchment paper
For the shortbread crust:
For the vegan coconut caramel layer:
- ¼ cup extra dark chocolate, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- First, mix together a=1 cup of finely shredded coconut, 1 cup of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and a ¼ cup of melted coconut oil. Mix well to combine.Press the mixture to the bottom of a 8 x 8 parchment paper lined pan. Set aside while you make the samoa cookie coconut caramel layer.
VEGAN COCONUT CARAMEL
- In a small bowl, mix together a ⅓ cup of pure maple syrup, 1 cup of shredded coconut, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ cup of cashew butter and a pinch of sea salt. Mix very well until you achieve a caramel like texture.Spread your coconut caramel on top of the short bread cookie crust.
DARK CHOCOLATE CARAMEL DRIZZLE
- Finally, melt ¼ quarter cup of chopped dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from burning to the bottom of your dish.Drizzle over the top of your coconut caramel. Place your samoa cookie bars in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.Remove from the freezer, cut into bars and enjoy!I like to cut mine into 9 pieces, but you can cut into whatever size you like. Store covered in the fridge for up to two weeks!