Healthy Pumpkin Chickpea Cookie Dough. My pumpkin cookie dough is great as a dip or a healthy fall dessert! It is a no sugar cookie dough dip you can serve at your next Halloween party, or roll into balls for chocolate covered pumpkin cookie dough balls.
My Healthy Pumpkin Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe is:
- Easy to make!
- No bake
- Healthy ingredients
- High in fiber
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
HEALTHY VEGAN PUMPKIN COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS
My pumpkin cookie dough recipe is made with all gluten free, dairy free, and vegan ingredients. All healthy for you too with NO added sugar!
- Cashew butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pink sea salt
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Dark chocolate chips
NUTRITION BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH
My healthy pumpkin cookie dough is high in protein, fiber, and loaded with nutrients!
- Chickpeas are super high in fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin B6, magnesium, and protein. They are also a great source of plant based calcium.
- Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin B6, magnesium, and some calcium.
- Cashew butter, made from just cashews, is high in healthy fats, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc and phosphorus. They also contain a good amount of iron, selenium, thiamine, vitamin K, and vitamin B6.
- Pumpkin puree, made from just pumpkin, are a good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin K, copper, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pink sea salt contains natural micronutrients that help with sodium function in the body.
- Pumpkin pie spice has anti-inflammatory spices cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Dark chocolate chips, 85% or higher cacao, is a great source of fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese. Cacao also has potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH BITES INSTEAD OF DIP
If you want a thicker texture, add 1 tablespoon of coconut flour.
And if you want to roll your dough into no bake pumpkin cookie dough cookies, add 2 tablespoons of coconut flour. After rolling into balls, place on a parchment lined plate and freeze 30 minutes- 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and dip in melted dark chocolate. Store no bake pumpkin chocolate cookie dough balls in the fridge for up to a week.
You might also like Classic Healthy Chickpea Cookie Dough !
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST HEALTHY PUMPKIN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH DIP
USE STEAMED CHICKPEAS. You can make super soft chickpeas from dried ones right at home. The softer the better to blend into a soft cookie dough dip!
SOAK DATES IN HOT WATER. Soak dates in hot water for 15-30 minutes before blending to help soften them and blend uniformly into the cookie dough.
USE HIGH QUALITY SPICE. You will get the best flavor from fresh high quality pumpkin pie spice.
Frequently asked questions about healthy pumpkin chickpea cookie dough.
HOW CAN I MAKE PUMPKIN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH WITHOUT NUT BUTTER?
Yes! You can just replace the ¼ cup cashew butter with either more dates or more pumpkin puree.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF DATES TO SWEETEN MY COOKIE DOUGH?
You can use ¼ cup pure maple syrup or ¼ raw honey.
SHOULD I USE CANNED OR STEAMED CHICKPEAS?
Steamed chickpeas are better because you can cook them into a much softer texture than canned chickpeas.
DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE SKINS OF CHICKPEAS?
There is no need to remove the skins of the chickpeas!
IS THIS RECIPE SAFE FOR BABIES AND KIDS?
Yes! If you have an older baby who has tried all the ingredients in this recipe, this is safe for baby, just leave out the chocolate. And if you want a healthy no sugar fall dessert for kids this is the recipe for you! It's a great recipe to make for when kids have their friends over and want a treat they can share!
More healthy pumpkin recipes you might like:
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH IN YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 1 cup soft chickpeas
- ¼ cup soaked pitted dates
- ¼cup unsalted cashew butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Dash pink sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED:
- Food processor
How to make pumpkin chickpea cookie dough:
In your food processor, add all of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
Food process until the mixture is smooth and creamy, or the texture that you like.
Remove the food proessor blades.
Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
Scoop, Dip, and Enjoy!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Pumpkin Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Food processor
- In a food processor, add all of your ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Food process until smooth.
- Remove food processor blade and stir in chocolate chips if adding.
- Serve and enjoy!Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.