Healthy Mounds Bars with Blueberries. Homemade healthy mounds bars just got better, made naturally purple and sweet with blueberries! These healthy mounds bars with blueberries are super fun to make to surprise your family with.
My blueberry mounds bars are made with healthy and unrefined sugars and ingredients. Most homemade mounds bar recipes have condensed milk, but I made my homemade mounds bars without condensed milk and they are refined sugar free! So you make a delicious candy bar, with better ingredients!
ASK THE DIETITIAN,
ARE MOUNDS BARS HEALTHY?
Mounds bars that you would see in the grocery store checkout aisle are loaded with sugars and artificial ingredients. So I have created a healthy mounds bar recipe, with a fun blueberry twist!
MOUNDS BARS WITH HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
- I used full fat coconut milk instead of butter and heavy cream. Coconut milk comes from the coconut, rich in healthy medium chain fats!
- Instead of refined sugar, I used raw manuka honey. Honey is rich in nutrients and therapeutic properties. It has some micro-nutrients in it!
- Unsweetened coconut flakes are rich in healthy fats and surprisingly high in fiber!
- Blueberries are incredibly high in antioxidants and another great source of fiber for your gut health.
- Last we have dark chocolate. Yes, chocolate is good for you! Chocolate is high in nutrients like iron, magnesium, and fiber!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY MOUNDS BARS
This healthy mounds bar is so easy to make! All you need are your ingredients plus a blender, parchment paper, and a bread loaf pan.
STEP 1: make healthy mounds bar filling
In a small sauce pan, combine the full fat coconut milk, honey, salt, shredded coconut, and pureed blueberries.
Cook the blueberry mounds bar filling on low until it is thickened and bubbly. If you notice it looks watery, add more coconut to soak up the liquid. Keep cooking until the coconut has soaked up all the liquid
STEP 2: Freeze healthy mounds bar filling
Add parchment paper to the bottom of a loaf pan.
Press your mounds bar filling into the bottom of the pan.
Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
STEP 3: cut frozen mounds into bars and dip
Near the end of the 3 hours, melt your chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave in a large shallow dish. Stir at 30 second increments to prevent chocolate from burning.
Remove the blueberry mounds bar filling from the freezer. Take the parchment paper right out of the loaf pan. Cut into 12 bars. You can cut into bigger or smaller sizes if you want thicker mounds bars.
Dip each coconut mounds bar piece into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
Step 4: freeze chocolate dipped mounds bars again
When you are done dipping them, freeze them again for about 30 mintues to harden.
Take them out 15 minutes before serving.
How to store homemade mounds bars
Store the rest in the freezer to enjoy when you want!
Make sure you store them wrapped and in an airtight container so they don't get freezer burn!
Do I have to make these mounds bars with blueberry?
No! You can leave the pureed blueberry out for a classic healthy mounds bar recipe. You will need a little less coconut flakes if you're leaving out the blueberry puree.
Is this mounds bar recipe dairy free?
Yes! Make sure to use dairy free chocolate to dip your mounds bar in. The best way to find dairy free chocolate for homemade candy bars is to look for the ones labeled vegan.
Do I have to cook the blueberry filling?
No! If you want a no cook mounds bar, just add the coconut flakes to a bowl. Then drizzle about ½ of the liquid ingredients on top. Stir. If it looks dry, add more liquid. Then, press into a loaf pan and follow the rest of the steps exactly.
OTHER HEALTHY NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Vanilla Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Freezer Fudge
- Chunky Monkey Pops
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
If you try this Healthy Mounds Bar Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Delicious Blueberry Mounds Bar Recipe
- sauce pan
- Parchment paper
- Loaf pan
For the Blueberry Coconut Filling:
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk *
- ¼ cup raw manuka honey or maple syrup
- Dash sea salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup pureed blueberries
For Chocolate Shell:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips if dairy free or vegan, use vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- In a sauce pan, combine the coconut milk, honey, salt, shredded coconut, and pureed blueberries.
- Cook the mixture on low until it is combined, thickened, and bubbly. If you notice it looks watery, add more coconut to soak up the liquid.
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Pour your filling into the parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Near the end of the 3 hours, melt your chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave in a large shallow dish, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burnt chocolate.
- Remove the bars from the freezer. Take the parchment paper right out of the loaf pan. Cut into 12 bars.
- Dip each bar into the chocolate and place on parchment paper. Freeze chocolate dipped mounds again for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Take mounds bars out 15 minutes before serving. Store the rest in the freezer in an airtight container to enjoy when you want!
Wow these were sooo simple to make !! Who needs store bought when they come out just if not more delicious . Made mine without the blueberries and a little less coconut milk just yum!!