Healthy Vegan Snickers Bars. Made with a base of cacao and dates, a creamy cashew cheesecake filling, and sweet melted caramel on top.
When I first created this healthy no bake snickers cheesecake recipe, I was skeptical how good they would taste. I mean, snickers healthy and cheesecake in the same sentence? !
Before I even tried the healthy snickers bars, I gave one to my husband and he was shocked. So shocked at how good they were he ate the whole thing! That’s when you know it’s good. Haha! But what makes these treats even better, is that they are loaded with health promoting ingredients!
WHAT DO HEALTHY VEGAN SNICKERS BARS TASTE LIKE?
These delicious no bake snickers cheesecake bars taste just like a snickers bar! Chocolate, sweet caramel, and a hint of peanut flavor.
HEALTHY INGREDIENTS IN MY VEGAN SNICKERS BAR RECIPE
- Peanuts are high in fat, mainly as poly- and monounsaturated fats, and a great source of plant based protein. They contain essential nutrients like: biotin, copper, niacin, folate, manganese, vitamin E, thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium!
- Cacao nibs and cacao powder. In comparison to coco powder, the cacao is the raw and unprocessed coco bean. Meaning, you get all those benefits! They are an excellent source of a class of antioxidants called polyphenols.
- Dates are also rich in various nutrients like: fiber, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, and vitamin B 6. They also are high in antioxidants to help fight disease and free radical damage!
- Coconut oil is a great natural replacement for over-processed and conventional vegetable oil. It is made from natural coconut flesh. It is high in healthy saturated fats.
- Cashews are another great source of protein, and healthy fats! They also contain vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B 6, copper, phosphorus, zinc, iron, potassium, magnesium and selenium.
I did use regular melted caramel for the caramel topping. But you can make even healthier no bake snickers cheesecake bars by using the easy date caramel from my healthy twix bars recipe!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY VEGAN SNICKERS BARS WITH DATES
Before you make your no bake snickers cheesecake bars, soak cashews in water overnight!
STEP 1: Make the crust
In a blender or food processor, pulse ½ cup of peanuts, ¼ cup cacao nibs, ¼ cup cacao powder, ½ cup dates, and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
Pulse it until it resembles a crumbly mixture.
Line the bottom of a bread loaf pan with parchment paper to help prevent sticking.
Press your crust mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan and set it aside.
STEP 2: Make the cashew filling with dates
Next, in your food processor add the soaked and drained cashews, sea salt, soaked dates, soy milk, peanut butter, and melted coconut oil.
Blend until it is smooth and creamy.
Pour the cheesecake layer on top of the crust and place it in the freezer while you melt the chocolate and caramels.
STEP 3: Melt caramel and chocolate
Add caramel to one bowl. Melt in your microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds to prevent burning. Set aside.
Add chocolate to another bowl, melt in the microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
STEP 4: Top with melted chocolate and freeze again
Remove the vegan snickers bars from the freezer. Pour the layer of caramel on top of the cheesecake filling. Then press in ½ cup peanuts.
Finally, pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanuts.
Place your finished caramel peanut cheesecake back into the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
When you are ready for dessert, thaw the cheesecake for about 15 minutes, then slice into squares or long slices.
You can store healthy no bake snickers cheesecake bars in the freezer for up to a month!
Make sure that they are in an airtight container to prevent any freezer burn. I like to cut them into squares and store them already cut so they are easier to enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about my healthy no bake vegan snickers cheesecake bars.
What if I forgot to soak the cashews for the cashew cheesecake layer?
Soak them in hot water for 1 hour before making. It will not be quite as creamy, but it will help make them creamier than just raw un-soaked cashews.
How do I make peanut free snickers cheesecake?
Simply replace the peanut butter with almond butter or cashew. And replace the peanuts with chopped almonds or cashews!
What is a healthy recipe for the caramel layer in snickers cheesecake?
Try the date caramel from my healthy twix bars recipe which is just dates, sea salt and cashew butter.
What can I use in place of cacao nibs?
If you don't have cacao nibs, just use another ¼ cup of cacao powder!
Looking for more no bake vegan cheesecake recipes? Try these fan favorites!
- Chocolate Fudge Mini Cheesecake with Peanut Buter whip
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Butterfly Pea Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Almond Crust
If you try this Vegan Snickers Bar Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Vegan Snickers Bars
- Food processor
- Loaf pan
- ½ cup peanuts sub chopped cashews
- 1 cup melted caramels
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
For the chocolate crust
- To make the crust: add ½ cup peanuts, ¼ cup cacao nibs, ¼ cup cacao powder, ½ cup dates, and 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil to a blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and set aside.
For the cheesecake filling
- Next, in your wiped out food processor add all the filling ingredients: soaked cashews, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ½ cup soaked dates, ½ cup soy milk, ½ cup peanut butter, and ¼ cup melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust and place in the freezer.
- Melt the caramels in the microwave or double boiler.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and pour the melted caramels over the cheesecake.
- Press ½ cup peanuts on the caramels.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top.
- Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and thaw 15 minutes before cutting.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container up to a month.