Avocado banana chocolate pudding that tastes just like chocolate pudding! My healthy no cook avocado banana chocolate pudding is made with no sugar and uses super ripe bananas for a natural sweetener. Just 5 ingredients and you have healthy avocado banana chocolate pudding!
My Easy Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding Recipe is:
- No sugar added!
- No cooking required!
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
Summer is HERE!! And as much as I love baking up a delicious bread or dessert.. let's face it.. it is way too hot for that! So instead, I have been coming up with everything no bake! Even better, healthy desserts 🙂 This healthy avocado banana chocolate pudding is made with so many good ingredients it is hard to believe you can actually get a serving of veggies with this one!
IS AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING HEALTHY FOR YOU?
Yes! My avocado banana chocolate pudding has no sugar and is loaded with healthy ingredients like banana, avocado, and cacao powder. 1 avocado has more than half the fiber you need in an entire day! Fiber is essential for good gut health and weight loss!
WATCH HOW I MADE EASY AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING IN A FOOD PROCESSOR
If you don't have a food processor, you can easily make blender avocado banana chocolate pudding instead!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST HEALTHY AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING
USE ULTRA RIPE BANANAS. Ripe bananas will give your chocolate pudding a naturally sweet flavor.
USE SOFT RIPE AVOCADO. Soft avocados will give you that creamy pudding texture without having to cook over the stove.
ADD EXTRA CACAO FOR DARK CHOCOLATE FLAVOR. If you like super dark chocolate flavor, opt for more cacao powder!
BLEND COMPLETELY. Keep your food processor going until you have a smooth creamy texture. You might have to scape down the sides half way through.
ADD TOPPINGS. I love pairing chocolate with some fresh berries and whipped cream! I used coconut whipped cream to top this chocolate pudding recipe.
EAT IMMEDIATELY. My no cook chocolate pudding is best eaten the day of because of the fresh raw ingredients. You can store it overnight, but you might see some separation beginning.
Frequently asked questions about my no cooking required avocado banana chocolate pudding.
Should I use a blender or food processor to make creamy chocolate pudding?
Either one works! I used to use a blender for ALL my recipes. But, we recently got a food processor, so I have been using that instead.
If you don't have a super powerful blender or food processor, just turn it off mid way and scrape the sides down to make sure it blends evenly.
Is chocolate avocado pudding keto?
If you are following a keto diet, this is not the dessert for you. My avocado banana chocolate pudding is sugar free, but bananas are high in carbs.
Can I make avocado banana chocolate pudding without cocoa powder?
I have not tried making this recipe without cocoa powder yet. But, if you have some dark chocolate on hand, I bet it would taste amazing blended into this pudding. Just make sure to melt then cool your dark chocolate before you blend it in!
What is avocado banana chocolate pudding made of?
My healthy chocolate avocado banana pudding is made with just 5 ingredients: ripe avocado, ripe banana, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
OTHER HEALTHY CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Chocolate Fudge Tarts with Peanut Butter Whip
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Chunky Monkey Pops
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge
- Twix Bars with Date Caramel
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Bars
HEALTHY AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING INGREDIENTS
- Bananas. Bananas add so much sweetness to a dessert recipe. But, you need to make sure they are VERY ripe to get the sweet flavor for them. Unlike refined sugar, bananas contain essential nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6.
- Avocado. Avocados are what gives this pudding it's creamy texture. Make sure that you are using a ripe avocado! If it is hard, you will not get the creamy texture. Avocados are considered a super food for a good reason! They contain essential nutrients including fiber, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, and magnesium. PLUS they are a great option for those brain healthy fats!
- Cacao powder. Unlike coco powder, which is highly processed, cacao powder is minimally processed. This minimal processing keeps those beneficial nutrients intact. Cacao powder contains antioxidants called polyphenols. Polyphenols are also found in fruits, vegetables, tea, and wine. They help protect our bodies from toxins and age-related diseases.
Read my article about how cacao can help improve mood!
- Vanilla Extract. Make sure you buy PURE vanilla extract. Some vanilla extract is not pure and contains artificial ingredients.
- Maple Syrup. This is another one that you want to make sure you buy PURE. Pure maple syrup contains high amounts of an essential nutrient called manganese! If you like more of a bitter dark chocolate flavor, you can leave out the maple syrup.
- Pink sea salt. Unlike refined sea salt, which is bleached and even contains anti-caking ingredients, pink sea salt is unrefined. There are also micro amounts of different minerals in pink sea salt.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING IN YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR
In a food processor, add:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼-1/2 cup raw cacao powder (use ½ for very dark chocolate flavor)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pink sea salt
You can also add 1-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup or honey if you like your chocolate pudding on the sweeter side.
Turn your food processor on and keep it running until your pudding is smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to turn your food processor off once or twice to scrape down the sides.
HOW TO SERVE AVOCADO BANANA CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Scoop your chocolate pudding into 2 small bowls (I like to use ramekins). You can eat it just the way it is, or add some whipped cream and fresh berries! Strawberries or raspberries are really good with chocolate pudding.
If you like your chocolate pudding cold, place your dishes in the fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour to chill before serving.
Try my EASY and DAIRY FREE coconut whipped cream!
Can I store healthy chocolate pudding overnight?
Yes! But make sure that it is completely covered.
I think it is best the day of, but most things are. If you forgot about it and it is day 2, you can throw it into your blender with ingredients for a chocolate smoothie!
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Youtube!
If you made my healthy chocolate avocado pudding recipe and loved it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding No Cook
- Food processor
for the chocolate avocado pudding:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼-1/2 cup raw cacao powder use ½ for very dark chocolate flavor
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon pure maple syrup optional for extra sweetness
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt
- coconut whipped cream
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Pinch raw cacao powder
- Add all ingredients except for the toppings to your food processor or blender. Blend it until it is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the pudding evenly between 2 ramekins.
- Top with fresh raspberries and cacao powder. Serve immediately.
- If you like it cold, chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge before serving.
Never Ending Journeys
Ooh, yum, this chocolate mousse looks so decadent! I love the use of avocado - I never thought to do that.
I love the pink sea salt in this, added the perfect touch of salty to the sweet!
This healthy chocolate avocado mousse looks insanely creamy and delicious! Such a smart way to get more avocadoes into your diet!
Thank you! It is so cool that a veggie can help create such a decadent and creamy dessert!
Thank you! I love adding a tiiiiny bit of salt in my desserts it really helps to bring out the flavor!
Yes!! It is the perfect way to get in veggies-- and you don't even realize it!