Healthy Chocolate Cookie Dough Blizzard. Cool off with my healthy and delicious chocolate cookie dough blizzard! Made with super food ingredients like reishi mushroom and raw cacao powder! It tastes just like dairy queen chocolate chip cookie blizzard!
Is a chocolate cookie dough blizzard healthy?
Okay so usually, I would say chocolate cookie dough ice cream is not a healthy option. See what's in a standard chocolate cookie dough ice cream label:
|Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Cookie Dough (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Butter, Water, Soybean Oil, Molasses, Cornstarch, Salt, Vanilla Extract, Soy Lecithin), Corn Syrup, Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla Extract), Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey, Guar Gum, Mono and Diglycerides, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan.|
But, mine is made with ALL natural and ALL healthy ingredients! So you can enjoy the dessert AND the health benefits of it!
WATCH HOW I MADE MY HEALTHY CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD
Tips for making the best chocolate blizzard
Use ultra ripe bananas. The darker the banana peel is, the sweeter it will be. I wait until the banana peel is super dark, then I peel the banana and freeze it in a storage bag in the freezer. This way you always have bananas on hand for your treats!
Use pure cacao powder. Cacao powder is super rich in nutrients. If you are vegan, or if you don't have the chocolate reishi collagen powder, you can easily substitute ⅛ cup of pure cacao powder. And if you have it, add in plain collagen and reishi mushroom powder too!
Cacao and reishi are amazing for your mood!
Pre-make the chickpea cookie dough. I made my chickpea cookie dough ahead of time. Then, I rolled the dough into little bite sized balls, and froze them. Just like pre-freezing the bananas, this will save you a lot of prep time.
Adjust the almond milk. If you want your blizzard to be thicker, add less almond milk (⅛ cup-¼ cup). Or, if you want it to be very thin, add ¾-1 cup of almond milk. Keep in mind that the cookie dough is in chunks, so either have a spoon with you, or roll the dough into very tiny balls if you plan to use a straw.
Use a quality food processor or blender. This will save you time waiting for a slow motor to break everything town. Or, slightly thaw your bananas before you turn the blender on to save the motor.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD INGREDIENTS
- Bananas. Super high in potassium, fiber, and other essential nutrients. Fiber is the food of choice for your good gut bugs! Did you know, psychobiotics are a type of good gut bug that can help boost your mood!
- Chocolate Reishi collagen powder. Made with gut healthy collagen, and mood boosting cacao powder and reishi mushroom powder. Read more about these benefits below!
- All natural peanut butter. Peanut butter is a good source of fat. Make sure you look for 100% all natural peanut butter. The ingredient label should have 1 ingredient: peanuts.
- Pink sea salt. Unbleached and unrefined. Make sure you but it from a trusted and certified source to ensure high quality sea salt. Unrefined sea salt has all its micro-minerals intact, which are necessary for your body to process sodium (salt).
- Homemade almond milk. Ever look at the almond milk label at the grocery store? Look at it next time you go shopping. You may start making it homemade! But, if you have a favorite all natural plant based milk (or even protein shake), you can use that instead!
- Homemade chickpea cookie dough. Made with all natural ingredients, and super high fiber chick peas. Your good gut bugs are going to be happy!
What is chocolate reishi collagen powder?
Chocolate reishi collagen powder tastes just like chocolate, but with even more benefits!
Chocolate Reishi Collagen is:
- Good for your skin, hair, nails, gut health
- Supports healthy joints
- Delicious and chocolatey
- Contains powerful reishi musroom
- 100% real food ingredients
It has collagen. Collagen not only provides you with essential proteins, but it is also good for gut health! Good gut health is essential for good mental health.
Reishi mushrooms. Mushrooms, but even healthier. They have been used for centuries in Chinese medicine for their immune boosting effects. Reishi mushrooms are also known for their mood elevating benefits!
Or, use whatever reishi powder that you have along with raw cacao powder! (this way is vegan)
Cacao powder is filled with antioxidants, amazing to help fight disease and inflammation! Raw cacao has even been used to help fight depression.
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD AT HOME
First, make healthy chickpea cookie dough. Roll it into small bite sized balls and freeze on parchment paper in the freezer.
Next, make the chocolate shake.
In a blender or food processor add, 3 frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, a dash of salt, 1 scoop of chocolate collagen powder (or ⅛ cup cacao powder), and ½ cup almond milk.
Blend until it is smooth and creamy.
Stir in the balls of healthy chickpea cookie dough.
And there you have a chocolate cookie dough blizzard!
Want the classic chocolate chip cookie blizzard instead? Click to get my healthy vanilla cookie dough blizzard recipe.
More secretly healthy chocolate desserts:
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Almond Pulp Brownie Bites
- Healthy Chunky Monkey Pops
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge
- Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding
- Twix Bars
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- Healthy Magnum Bars
If you try this Healthy Chocolate Cookie Dough Blizzard Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Chocolate Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Blender or Food processor
- In a blender or food processor add: the frozen bananas, chocolate collagen powder, peanut butter, sea salt, and almond milk. Keep blending until it is completely smooth.
- Turn the blender or food processor off. Stir in the cookie dough balls. Enjoy!
(and secretly healthy too!)
PIN MY HEALTHY CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD ON PINTEREST: