This healthy strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt is a great way to start the day! My vegan strawberry banana protein smoothie is packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. A quick and healthy breakfast smoothie for on the go!
My Healthy Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe is:
- Easy to make!
- Gut healthy
- Great for weight loss
- High in protein
- Made without yogurt
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
VEGAN STRAWBERRY BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
My simple strawberry banana smoothie only takes 5 healthy ingredients! No yogurt needed!
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Plant based milk of choice use almond milk for low FODMAP
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
ARE STRAWBERRY BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIES GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! Strawberry banana smoothie benefits:
- strawberries and bananas are high in fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants.
- strawberries are rich in vitamin C and actually contains more vitamin C than an orange!
My strawberry banana smoothie is also made with healthy fats & protein (hemp seeds & protein powder) to make it a complete healthy breakfast!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST HEALTHY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
USE FROZEN FRUIT. Frozen fruit will keep your smoothie nice and cold for a long time.
USE HEMP SEEDS. Flax and chia seeds tend to absorb a lot of water, so they can create a gummy texture instead of a smooth texture like hemp seeds.
USE YOUR FAVORITE PROTEIN POWDER. Pick your favorite vegan protein powder to make a delicious high protein strawberry banana smoothie that will keep you full longer.
BLEND COMPLETELY. Depending on your blender, the time can vary but blend until there are no chunks of fruit left!
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Milk of choice
- Collagen powder
- Hemp seeds
If you want to make your strawberry banana smoothie without milk, you can substitute the milk for coconut water. Or, if you want to keep the protein content, and not following a vegan diet, make your strawberry banana smoothie with Greek yogurt. I like to use full fat yogurt to help with nutrient absorption.
HOW TO MAKE MY HEALTHY BANANA STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
My healthy strawberry banana smoothie is so easy to make!
Just add all of your ingredients to a blender: 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop collagen powder, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE FOR WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
Strawberry banana smoothies are great for weight loss as they are high in nutrients needed for metabolism and high in fiber! But, a lot of people tell me that they get so hungry only an hour after drinking a smoothie. There are 2 main reasons you get hungry after drinking a smoothie. The first reason is that in order to trigger your "fullness factor," you need to chew. Chewing signals your brain that you are eating. The second reason you are probably getting hungry so quickly is because you need more fat or protein in your smoothie. Try adding full fat yogurt or eating something on the side with it.
If you are worried about staying full here are some things that help:
- Eat a handful of nuts with your smoothie. When you actually CHEW your food, rather than just drinking it, your body recognizes this as eating something of sustenance. This is more likely to trigger the "fullness factor."
- Make a slice of multigrain or whole wheat toast. This is the same idea as above. Plus, whole grains keep you full MUCH longer than processed grains because it takes your body longer to break down these hearty fibers.
- Add old fashioned oats to your smoothie. Adding more fiber to your smoothie gives it more bulk. All of that fiber is going to make the smoothie stay in your system longer, which leads to feeling full for longer.
Frequently asked questions about my healthy strawberry banana smoothie.
CAN I LOSE WEIGHT JUST DRINKING SMOOTHIES?
Yes you can! But this is not sustainable and will get old fast! Stick to a smoothie a day and then make other nutrient dense meals and snacks the rest of the day.
WHAT'S HEALTHIER, BANANA OR STRAWBERRY?
Both have different health benefits! It is important to eat a variety of different fruits and vegetables during the week.
HOW DO I MAKE A STRAWBERRY BANANA YOGURT SMOOTHIE?
Add ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt to your blender. You can replace the collagen powder with yogurt, or add it in addition to the collagen to get a super creamy banana strawberry smoothie.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE CALORIES?
My healthy strawberry banana smoothie has 395 calories.
HOW TO DECREASE CARBS IN SMOOTHIES?
If you are following a low carbohydrate diet, or have blood sugar imbalances (like in PCOS or diabetes), replace half of the fruit with frozen zucchini for a cold healthy low carbohydrate strawberry banana smoothie. And make sure to use FULL fat PLAIN Greek yogurt to slow the blood sugar spike.
Other healthy smoothie recipes:
- Pomegranate Smoothie
- Carrot Orange Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie Parfait
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl no Banana
- How to Make a Thick Smoothie Bowl
If you try my Vegan Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Mason jar
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup plant based milk of choice use almond milk for low FODMAP
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop vegan protein powder, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds.
- Blend your strawberry banana smoothie until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
That colour is just soooo pretty! I love strawberries and bananas in my smoothies! They're just so good together. Thanks for sharing Rosemary 🙂
Thanks Christie! This is such a classic combo that would please anyone!