Healthy Carrot Orange Protein Smoothie. My vegan carrot orange protein smoothie is excellent for weight loss. This healthy vegan carrot orange smoothie sneaks some carrots into your breakfast (or snack)!
It is made with mangoes, banana, carrots, orange juice, almond milk, vegan protein powder, and prebiotic powder.
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
My Vegan Carrot Orange Protein Smoothie Recipe is:
- Filled with antioxidants
- Gut healthy
- Great for skin
- Excellent smoothie for weight loss
I LOVE smoothies. I can't really remember the first time I had a smoothie, but ever since my first one I have been hooked. Smoothies are an excellent way to sneak in more fruits and vegetables. They are great to drink on the go when you have a busy day and want something healthy!
VEGAN CARROT ORANGE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- Mangoes-- adds a super sweet flavor.
- Banana-- super ripe bananas add more sweet flavor.
- Carrots-- use baby carrots for a sweeter flavor.
- Orange juice-- Carrots can have a pretty strong flavor and I wanted to mask the flavor of them as best as possible.
- Almond milk-- Or, use any other type of milk that you like.
- Protein powder-- I used a vanilla protein powder!
VEGAN ORANGE CARROT SMOOTHIE BENEFITS
This easy vegan smoothie recipe meets your entire daily need for Vitamin C and Vitamin A!
Mangoes have a good amount of potassium, fiber, beta carotene (vitamin A), vitamin C, vitamin B6, and magnesium.
Bananas are a great source of potassium, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and magnesium.
Carrots contain potassium, fiber, beta carotene (converted to vitamin A in your body), vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
Orange juice gives this smoothie more potassium and vitamin C.
Almond milk made at home is made with just almonds, dates, and some sea salt. Almonds are an excellent source of healthy fats.
Prebiotic powder is excellent for your gut health! Prebiotics feed your good gut bacteria!
Protein powder adds more protein to your smoothie, which helps to slow the blood sugar spike when you eat carbohydrate containing foods.
Written by Rosemary, Registered Dietitian with nutrition information from USDA.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST VEGAN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
USE BABY CARROTS FOR A SWEETER FLAVOR. Some people love the flavor of carrot, some do not.
USE FROZEN FRUIT. I love frozen fruits as the best healthy smoothie base because they make an amazing flavor and cold icy texture.
PICK YOUR FAVORITE PROTEIN POWDER. Every person I meet likes a different protein powder so pick the one you personally like!
ADD NUTS & SEEDS. Nuts and seeds add not only more protein but also healthy fats!
BLEND COMPLETELY. You might need to run the blender twice so there are no chunks of carrots in your smoothie.
HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN CARROT ORANGE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
In your blender add all of your ingredients: 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1 frozen banana, ½ cup carrots, ½ cup orange juice, ½ cup milk, prebiotic powder, and vegan protein powder.
You can either use a hand held blender and use the blender as your cup, or use a large blender and pour it into a glass.
Pulse your blender until your smoothie is completely blended and there are no chunks of fruit or vegetable left in there.
If you are making your smoothie for more than one person it is easier to use a large blender.
Pour your smoothie and enjoy!
I love drinking my smoothies from a mason jar and a glass straw. Just something so crisp and refreshing going on here.
This smoothie is going to leave you feeling SO HEALTHY. Try it for yourself!
Frequently asked questions about my vegan carrot orange mango smoothie recipe.
Is a carrot orange smoothie good for weight loss?
Yes! This is an excellent weight loss smoothie because it is filled with healthy ingredients that are great for your metabolism. It is high in fiber and contains no added sugar!
How do I use ginger in a smoothie?
For a carrot orange ginger smoothie, add 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger along with all the other ingredients before blending. Blend and enjoy!
What can I add for protein in a vegan smoothie?
Protein powder, nuts & seeds, silken tofu, and nut butters!
More healthy smoothie recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie with Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Smoothie
- 5 Smoothies with Veggies!
- Pomegranate Smoothie
If you try my Vegan Carrot Orange Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
Vegan Carrot Orange Smoothie (high protein!)
- Mason jar
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup chopped carrots I like to use baby carrots because they are usually sweeter
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup plant based milk or kefir add more as desired for thin consistency
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 scoop prebiotic powder optional
- 1 tablespoon flax, chia, or hemp seeds if you want more healthy fats in your smoothie
- In a blender add all ingredients: 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1 frozen banana, ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup orange juice, and ½ cup of milk or kefir. Also add 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 scoop of prebiotic powder, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds if you are using those.
- Turn your blender on and and pulse until it is smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
This healthy carrot orange smoothie sounds so good and looks wonderful Rosemary! I love how you listed the individual benefits of the key ingredients.
Ahh thank you Christie! I think it is SO important to know exactly what I'm benefiting from the food I eat!