Pomegranate smoothie recipe! I made this fresh and delicious pomegranate smoothie without banana. This healthy smoothie for weight loss requires only 4 ingredients and it is so easy to make!
I made my healthy pomegranate smoothie with milk and whole milk yogurt to keep you full for hours! The pomegranate jewels and cherries add so much fiber and antioxidants for your gut and skin health.
I bought a lot of pomegranate last week and was thinking of what I can do with the pomegranates other than eat them plain.. and I thought why not blend pomegranate seeds into a smoothie. The result was so delicious even my toddler loved it!
POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
I made my pomegranate smoothie with just 4 simple ingredients!
- Pomegranate jewels
- Frozen dark cherries
- Milk of choice
WHAT FRUIT MIXES WELL WITH POMEGRANATE?
Pomegranate is such a delicious fruit on its own, and with its distinct sweet flavor, it mixes well with a wide variety of fruits! Pomegranate mixes well with mangoes, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, coconut, and citrus.
If you're looking for a pomegranate smoothie without banana, try out this delicious variation: strawberry pomegranate smoothie! Simply replace the dark cherries in my recipe below for 1 cup of frozen strawberries.
IS IT OKAY TO BLEND POMEGRANATE SEEDS?
If you're wondering if you can blend pomegranate seeds in a smoothie the answer is definitely yes! Place your pomegranate seeds in a blender along with the other ingredients for your smoothie, blend until smooth and enjoy!
I made my pomegranate smoothie with milk and yogurt to give it a delicious creamy texture. Make sure you choose whole milk yogurt for the most creamy texture and most healthy benefits from the yogurt.
WHAT SHOULD YOU NOT MIX IN A SMOOTHIE (DIETITIAN TIPS!)
If you want to make your pomegranate smoothie for weight loss, there are a few things you definitely want to avoid mixing into your smoothie.
7 Things You Should Never Add To Your Smoothie according to a Registered Dietitian
- Fat free flavored yogurts (opt for whole milk unflavored and unsweetened yogurt)
- Flavored milks (choose plain whole milk or unsweetened unflavored plant milks)
- Ice cream, sherbet, or frozen yogurt
- Fruit juice (your frozen fruit will add SO much sweetness already!)
- Added sweeteners (like sugar, maple syrup, etc.)
- Added sugar alternatives (like stevia, monk fruit, coconut sugar, agave, etc.)
- Canned fruit
POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE BENEFITS
My healthy pomegranate smoothie has so many benefits! This pomegranate smoothie is excellent for for weight loss, skin health, and gut health!
- Gut Health- high fiber fruit paired with healthy fat & high protein yogurt is excellent for your gut along with those friendly bacteria in the yogurt!
- Skin Health- vitamin C in the fruit pairs with collagen and helps to keep your skin hydrated and glowing! Plus your gut health will help to keep your skin clear!
- Weight Loss- gut health is key to long term sustainable weight loss! This smoothie packs in healthy fats, protein, and fiber which helps balance your hormones and gut health and to help you lose weight.
HOW TO MAKE POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE!
My fresh pomegranate smoothie is SO easy to make you're going to be craving this healthy smoothie recipe over and over. Grab your blender and let's get started, yes any blender you have will work!
STEP 1: ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TO A BLENDER
In your blender add:
- ½ cup pomegranate jewels
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries
- ⅓ cup full fat yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use soy milk)
STEP 2: BLEND AND SERVE!
Turn your blender on and let it run until your smoothie is completely smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about my fresh pomegranate smoothie without banana.
Can you blend frozen pomegranate seeds?
Yes! You can use either fresh pomegranate jewels or even frozen pomegranate. Make sure to keep blending until they are totally blended and smooth!
Can I mix pomegranate juice with milk?
Yes! If you want even more antioxidant power in your smoothie, add an extra ¼-1/2 cup of pomegranate juice along with the milk, yogurt, pomegranate jewels, and cherries. Blend everything until smooth, pour into a glass and enjoy!
How do you make a smoothie thicker without bananas?
There are so many ways to make a smoothie thicker if you are not a banana fan! You can add any other kind of frozen fruit, some whole milk yogurt, chia seeds, or flax seeds. If you are using chia or flax, simply add 1 tablespoon to your blender and blend along with your other ingredients.
More healthy smoothie recipes you might like:
- Weight Loss Smoothie
- De Bloating Smoothie
- Super Greens Powder Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Cucumber Smoothie
- Carrot Orange Smoothie
- Blue Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
If you try my Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Fresh Pomegranate Smoothie without Banana!
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate jewels
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries
- ⅓ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice I use unsweetened soy milk
- In a blender, add the pomegranate jewels, frozen cherries, and whole milk yogurt.½ cup fresh pomegranate jewels, 1 cup frozen dark cherries, ⅓ cup whole milk yogurt
- Top with your milk of choice.1 cup milk of choice
- Turn your blender on and blend until your pomegranate smoothie is completely smooth and no fruit chunks remain.
- Pour into a glass. Enjoy!