Mango pineapple smoothie without banana or yogurt! This mango pineapple smoothie parfait jar is loaded with health promoting ingredients! My thick mango pineapple smoothie is delicious to have for breakfast, or really any time of day!
If I was stranded on a desert island with only 1 food choice forever, it would definitely be a smoothie! I make smoothies almost every day and they never get old! This tropical smoothie is definitely a new favorite and is so good with the chia on the bottom.
I have been getting a lot of requests for how to make a sweet smoothie without banana, so here is a new banana free smoothie recipe! I made my no banana mango pineapple smoothie with a base of chia seed pudding so it is a very filling breakfast!
MANGO PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
For the chia pudding & fruit layer
- chia seeds
- golden milk powder
- flax milk (any milk works!)
- fresh mango
For the mango pineapple smoothie without banana:
- frozen mango
- frozen pineapple
- milk of choice
- protein powder or collagen (optional for more protein)
IS MANGO AND PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE WITHOUT BANANA HEALTHY?
Yes! My mango pineapple smoothie is loaded with healthy ingredients!
What makes it healthy:
- Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so many nutrients like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and fat, namely heart healthy omega-3 fats.
- Turmeric has been used in cooking and medicinally for thousands of years! It is truly an amazing spice! It contains health-promoting compounds called curcuminoids. Curcumin acts as a powerful antioxidant, fighting damage causing toxins and pathogens in your body.
- Flax milk is a great dairy free milk! It is great for your bone health, without all the hormones and saturated fat. It has a very subtle flavor, so it is good in a lot of different recipes!
- Mangoes and pineapples are also packed with antioxidants! They are an excellent anti-inflammatory food.
- Collagen is great for your gut health! Taking collagen can help repair damage gut linings. The collagen is good for your skin, hair, nails, and bones! It also adds more protein.
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY MANGO PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE WITH NO BANANA
Step 1: make the turmeric chia seed pudding
First, start by combining the chia seeds, the turmeric powder, and the milk. Stir a few times every 10 minutes to make sure it gels properly. Set aside.
Step 2: make the no banana smoothie
While your chia pudding continues to gel, make your thick and delicious smoothie! It really is like an ice cream texture. But, if you want a thinner consistency, just add another 1 cup of milk.
In a blender, combine the frozen pineapple, frozen mango, ¼-1/2 cup milk, and the collagen or protein powder. You may have to turn off your blender and stir it multiple times.
Once your smoothie is totally smooth, pile it high on top of your chia pudding along with some fresh mango and enjoy immediately!
What can I use instead of bananas in smoothies?
For a sweet and still creamy smoothie texture with no banana, use peaches, pineapple, or mango in place of bananas in any smoothie recipe!
How many calories are in a mango pineapple smoothie?
My smoothie is made with chia pudding, so the calories are higher at 560 calories. But, don't get caught up on calories because the chia adds so much more nutrients that are important for weight loss and a healthy metabolism!
Is the mango pineapple smoothie from McDonalds healthy?
No! The mango pineapple smoothie is not a healthy menu choice, says Rosemary Registered Dietitian. Although the website markets that it is made of "mango, pineapple, ice, and low-fat yogurt," it is actually made with a "mango pineapple fruit base" that contains over 15 ingredients!
More healthy delicious smoothie recipes you might like:
- Blue smoothie with blue chia pudding
- Tropical smoothie with chia
- Blueberry smoothie with chia
- Tropical green smoothie
- Mango strawberry layered smoothie
- Chocolate frosty (healthy Wendy's frosty!)
- Pumpkin spice smoothie
- Cloud smoothie
- Pink pitaya smoothie
If you try this Mango Pineapple Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Mango Pineapple Smoothie without Banana
For the turmeric chia pudding:
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon golden milk powder
- ½ cup flax milk
- 1 cup fresh mango for optional fresh fruit layer
For the mango pineapple smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ¼-1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 scoop protein powder or collagen optional for protein
- Make your chia pudding by whisking together the chia seeds, milk, and turmeric powder. Make sure you stir it multiple times so it evenly gels. Set aside.
- Add a layer of fresh cut mango on top of your chia pudding.
- To make your smoothie, add the frozen mango, frozen pineapple, and collagen to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pile the smoothie on top of your chia pudding and fresh mango.