Pink pitaya powder smoothie. This ultra delicious pink smoothie is made with frozen banana, Greek yogurt, dragon fruit powder, and NO milk!
I love drinking smoothies all year long! Lately I have been obsessed with my pink pitaya powder, not only because it makes everything look pretty and pink, but because it's delicious!
I've used pink pitaya in lattes, no bake dessert tarts, and everything in between. And I just threw it into my banana nut smoothie the other morning and had to share the recipe because it is my new favorite smoothie!
WHAT IS PINK PITAYA POWDER?
Pink pitaya powder, also known as pink dragon fruit powder is simply dried and finely ground pink dragon fruit.
ASK THE DIETITIAN,
IS PINK PITAYA POWDER HEALTHY?
Yes! Pink pitaya powder is healthy for you. Use it in smoothies, desserts, colorful drinks and more for those great health benefits. You will get the most health benefits if you don't heat it up.
PINK DRAGON FRUIT POWDER BENEFITS
- Fiber- dragon fruit is high in fiber because of the tiny black seeds it contains.
- Vitamin A- comes from the deep red/ pink color of dragon fruit.
- Vitamin C- helps your body make collagen for glowing healthy skin!
- Antioxidants- helps fight free radical damage all around your body!
WATCH HOW I MADE MY EASY PINK PITAYA POWDER SMOOTHIE
Frequently asked questions about pink dragon fruit powder smoothies.
Is a pink pitaya smoothie healthy for you?
Yes! This pink pitaya smoothie is a complete meal. You get healthy fats, protein, and fiber from the cashews. You get fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C from the fruits. And more healthy fat and protein from the whole milk Greek yogurt.
Can I drink pink pitaya for weight loss?
Yes! Pink pitaya powder is excellent for weight loss because it is a high fiber fruit, which supports gut health. Fiber also keeps you full longer.
Are smoothies a good option to lose weight?
Yes! Smoothies are a great breakfast option to lose weight. Smoothies are packed with essential nutrients and fiber that help support your metabolism.
How do you use pink pitaya powder?
Wondering what else to do with dragon fruit powder? Try some of my other pink pitaya (dragon fruit) powder recipes:
- Pink pitaya chia pudding
- Pink pitaya latte
- No bake pink pitaya cheesecake tarts
- Pink pitaya pancakes
- Pink matcha latte (Starbucks pink and green drink)
HOW TO MAKE MY PINK PITAYA POWDER SMOOTHIE
Gather up your ingredients, and you can make my pink pitaya smoothie super easy and quick!
Pink dragon fruit smoothie ingredients:
- ¼ cup cashews (sub ¼ cup almonds, or 1/ cup hemp seeds)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder
- 1 date, pitted
- ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- An extra cup of water
HOW TO MAKE A PINK SMOOTHIE WITH NO MILK
How did I make a smoothie with no milk you may be wondering? It is so simple, you're going to want to do this with all your smoothies. And you get a serving of healthy fats!
Add ¼ cup cashews plus 1 cup of water to your blender. I like to let mine sit for ~15 minutes to slightly soften the nut for a creamier smoothie, but you can blend it right up if you're in a time pinch.
Next, add the rest of your ingredients: 2 frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder, 1 pitted date, and ½ cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt. I added an extra cup of water, but if you want a thicker smoothie, leave the extra cup of water out.
Blend it up till smooth and creamy.
Pour and enjoy!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary on Instagram and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Pink Pitaya Powder Smoothie (Pink Dragon Fruit Powder Smoothie)
- Large glass
- In your blender, add ¼ cup cashews and 1 cup of water. Let it sit ~15 minutes to soften cashews.
- Add the rest of your ingredients: 2 frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder, date, and ½ cup Greek yogurt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.Add more water if you want your smoothie thinner.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!