Pink Pitaya Vegan Cheesecake Recipe! My healthy pink cheesecake is the most luxurious and delicious raw no bake cheesecake recipe you'll find. My vegan pink cheesecake is filled with healthy ingredients like almonds, dates, cashews and more!
I fell in love with cashew cheesecake a few years ago. When I stumbled across my first raw cashew cheesecake I thought there is no way this sugar free and cream cheese free cheesecake can actually taste good. But, it tasted as good if not better!
I started avoiding dairy and sugar about 6 years ago when I found out that my acne and rosacea was triggered by sugar, dairy, and alcohol. If you're like me and have dairy sensitivities, this pink cashew cheesecake will satisfy your cheesecake craving with no sugar and no cream cheese!
NO BAKE PINK CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
How can a healthy cheesecake taste sooo good! I really couldn't tell you.. it's magic I think. My raw pink cheesecake recipe is made with all healthy good for you ingredients! No cream cheese and no sugar necessary to get a luxurious creamy pink cheesecake filling.
What's in the Raw Chocolate Crust
- almond flour or almonds
- cacao powder
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
What's in the Pink Cashew Cheesecake Filling
- raw cashews
- coconut oil
- berry yogurt or kefir
- pure vanilla extract
- date syrup, maple syrup, or raw honey
- fresh lemon
- pink pitaya powder (pink dragon fruit powder)
- sea salt
IS CHEESECAKE HEALTHY OR NOT?
Classic cheesecake is not something I would recommend eating every day as a Registered Dietitian. Cheesecake is filled with cream cheese, and a LOT of sugar. Both of these can really negatively impact your gut health, hormone balance, and skin health.
If you're craving a slice of cheesecake once in awhile, or are at a party. Enjoy it every now and then! One slice is not going to ruin your gut or skin. But, if you're like me and live for dessert, you might want to try out this healthy pink cheesecake you can make regularly!
Looking for more healthy cheesecake? Try these healthy vegan no bake cheesecake recipes!
- Chocolate Fudge Mini Cheesecake with Peanut Buter whip
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Butterfly Pea Cheesecake
WHAT MAKES PINK PITAYA VEGAN CHEESECAKE HEALTHY
My no bake vegan pink cheesecake is loaded with healthy benefits! You almost won't believe that this is a healthy dessert with how delicious and luxurious it tastes.
- Raw almonds and cashews are filled with healthy fats and fiber!
- Dates are a great replacement for sweetener.
- Raw cacao powder comes from cacao beans, which are rich in antioxidants and other minerals.
- Coconut oil is a great natural replacement for over-processed and conventional vegetable oil.
- The probiotic drink or kefir are both rich sources of probiotics!
- Lemon juice is high in vitamin C! Vitamin C is not only an essential nutrient, but it also is a powerful antioxidant! It is necessary for collagen, skin, and hair health since it is needed for collagen to work properly.
- Pink pitaya powder aka dragon fruit powder comes from pink dragon fruit! It has a mildly sweet flavor and a vibrant color! The color is thanks to it high antioxidant content.
HOW TO MAKE PINK PITAYA CHEESECAKE
This healthy pink cheesecake is SO easy to make. This is a raw cashew cheesecake so do not skip this step or make any substitutions!!
You need 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked in water overnight. Again do not change or skip this step or you don't end up with creamy cashew cheesecake.
HOW TO SOAK RAW CASHEWS FOR CHEESECAKE:
- Add 2 cups raw cashews to a medium sized bowl
- Add water to cover the cashews completely
- Let sit on your counter overnight (about 12 hours)
- Drain water from the cashews before blending into your cashew cheesecake
STEP 1 MAKE THE CRUST
Ingredients For the Raw Almond Chocolate Crust
- 1 cup almond flour or 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a blender or food processor, add all of the crust ingredients. If you don't have cacao powder, you can alternatively use cacao nibs or even coco powder. Also, if you don't have the specific nuts, you can substitute other types of nuts like brazil nuts and walnuts.
Pulse all ingredients for the crust until it is crumbly and evenly combined.
Divide the crust mixture between your 6 tart molds and press into the bottom and up the sides. Set aside while you prepare your filling.
FOR A WHOLE CHEESECAKE
Use either a 6" or 9" springform pan instead and press crust to the bottom instead of dividing by 6 mini molds.
STEP 2 MAKE THE HEALTHY PINK CHEESECAKE FILLING
Rinse out your blender or food processor and add all the ingredients for your vegan no bake cheesecake filling.
For the Raw Cashew Cheesecake Filling
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup berry yogurt or kefir
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup date syrup, maple syrup, or raw honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder (pink dragon fruit powder) **
- Dash sea salt
Blend until the vegan pink cheesecake filling is totally smooth and creamy. You may need to turn off your blender a couple of times and scrape down the sides, you don't want to get any chunks of cashews in your creamy cashew cheesecake filling!
STEP 3 DIVIDE PINK CASHEW CHEESECAKE FILLING AND FREEZE
After you have a very creamy cashew cheesecake filling, divide it evenly on top of your raw chocolate crust. Smooth out the top.
Place each pink cashew cheesecake in the freezer to let it set. Freeze for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
HOW TO SERVE RAW VEGAN CASHEW CHEESECAKE
- Remove pink vegan cheesecake from the freezer and immediately take the molds off.
- Place onto a plate and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes. You will get the most luxurious creamy texture!
- Top with coconut whipped cream, fresh sliced dragon fruit, or any fruit that you like!
RAW CASHEW CHEESECAKE STORAGE
Remove the molds from cheesecakes. Place in airtight containers or airtight bags.
You can store mini dragon fruit cheesecake in the freezer for up to a month!
Hide them in the back of the freezer for a nice surprise next week hehe.
Frequently asked questions about my pink pitaya cheesecake recipe.
What is vegan cheesecake made of?
Most vegan cheesecake recipes use tofu, cashews, or vegan cream cheese to make the vegan cheesecake filling smooth and creamy. It might sound strange but these vegan cheesecake recipes really taste sweet creamy and delicious with no sugar and no cream cheese.
Do vegan cheesecakes need to be refrigeraged?
My pink cashew cheesecake will store best in the freezer! You can store it in the fridge for 1 day before serving for a delicious and creamy texture right on time. Don't store vegan cheesecakes at room temperature, they have a lot of fresh ingredients that can go bad quickly.
What does pink pitaya powder taste like?
Pink pitaya is naturally sweet and fruity and many people have described it to taste like a strawberry mixed with pear. Pink pitaya (pink dragon fruit) has delicious hints of melon, berries, pear, and kiwi. It's an excellent ingredient to add to smoothies and desserts!
Is pink pitaya powder good for you?
Yes! Pink pitaya powder, made from dried pink pitaya also known as pink dragon fruit is loaded with healthy benefits! Pink pitaya is high in fiber, vitamin C, and rich in antioxidants all of which are excellent for your gut health and skin health.
If you try this Vegan Pink Pitaya Cheesecake Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
No Bake Dragon Fruit Cashew Cheesecake
- Food processor
For the Crust
For the Pink Cheesecake Filling
Pink Cashew Cheesecake Topping Ideas:
- Fresh diced dragon fruit
- Coconut whipped cream
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for the crust.1 cup almond flour, ¼ cup cacao powder, 1 cup pitted dates, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pulse until the crust mixture resembles finely ground crumbs.Divide the crust mixture between your 6 tart molds. You can also use 1 large spring form pan for 1 cheesecake.
- Press crust firmly into the bottom. Set aside.
- Rinse out your blender or food processor and add all the ingredients for your filling.2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, ¼ cup coconut oil, melted, ½ cup berry yogurt or kefir, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ cup date syrup, maple syrup, or raw honey, Juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder (pink dragon fruit powder), Dash sea salt
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Divide pink cheesecake filling evenly on top of your prepared crust.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.Let sit at room temperature approximately 15 minutes before serving for an ideal texture!
***I used pink pitaya powder to get the pink color. But, if you can’t find this, you can use beet root powder instead. Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Pink Pitaya Vegan Cheesecake was originally published on January 2nd, 2020. Pink cheesecake was updated on February 10th, 2023 with new photos and video content.