Healthy Vegan Mango Cheesecake Tarts. My healthy mango cheesecake is made with whole food ingredients and naturally sweetened with dates!
My Healthy Vegan Mango Cheesecake Tart recipe is:
- Easy to make
- No bake
- Naturally sweetened
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
I got a few boxes of mangoes in the mail last week and have been creating ALL the mango recipes. And while I was on a roll, I thought.. why not some healthy vegan mango cheesecake!
My vegan mango dessert recipe is super easy to make and is filled with good for you ingredients. It is a no bake mango cheesecake without gelatin. So no need to turn on your oven, which is a perfect dessert recipe for hot summer days!
HEALTHY VEGAN MANGO CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- Almonds & cashews - excellent for healthy fats, fiber, and protein!
- Dates - super sweet but surprisingly nutritious! They have fiber, potassium, magnesium, and more!
- Coconut milk & coconut flakes - super nutritious! They have magnesium, manganese, selenium, copper, potassium and more!
- Mangoes - an excellent source of disease fighting beta carotene (precursor for vitamin A too!) and other antioxidants!
- Passion fruit flakes - another great source of antioxidants!
- And even pink sea salt has some micro nutrients of its own! Plus, pink sea salt is not bleached and does not contain any "anti-caking" ingredients. Yuck right.
It will never cease to amaze me how all these healthy ingredients create such a delicious treat!
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST HEALTHY VEGAN MANGO CHEESECAKE
SOAK YOUR CASHEWS OVERNIGHT. Soaking cashews is necessary to get a smooth creamy cheesecake like texture.
SOAK THE DATES IN HOT WATER. This helps the dates completely puree into your mango cheesecake.
USE FRESH RIPE MANGO. You will get the best mango cheesecake flavor if you use fresh ripe mango! Buy unripe mangos and let them ripen on your kitchen counter until they are soft and orange colored.
ADD PASSIONFRUIT FLAKES FOR MORE FLAVOR. Want an even more flavorful cheesecake. Add passionfruit flakes for a mango passionfruit cheesecake! A delicious tropical flavor.
KEEP BLENDING THE MANGO CHEESECAKE FILLING UNTIL IT IS SMOOTH AND CREAMY. It's tempting to blend it just till its smooth. But make sure to taste test to see if there is any "gritty" texture. If there is, keep blending! Your cashew cheesecake should be as smooth as a cream cheese cheesecake!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY VEGAN MANGO CHEESECAKE TARTS
STEP 1: MAKE THE NO BAKE DATE ALMOND CRUST
In a food processor, add the almonds, dates, and coconut flakes.
Food process until it resembles coarse crumbs. Don't worry that it looks crumbly! The dates help the mixture to stick together!
Divide the crust evenly between the 6 tart molds:
Press each one into the bottom of the tart. Set these aside while you prepare the filling.
STEP 2: MAKE CREAMY VEGAN MANGO PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE FILLING
Rinse out the crumbs from the filling.
Next, add all the ingredients for the filling. Make sure you drain the cashews and the dates before you add them!
Also, make sure you are using the solid and the liquid part of the coconut milk! The solid part helps the cheesecake to hold its form!
Process the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
NOTE: If you didn't have time to soak the cashews overnight, you can improvise and soak them for 1 hour in hot water before blending. But, I have done it both ways and I have to say it does not turn out as creamy as it would when you soak the cashews overnight!
Add your cheesecake filling on top of the crust.
Smooth it around and place these in the freezer for at least 2 hours. I like to freeze mine over night.
HOW TO SERVE HEALTHY VEGAN MANGO CHEESECAKE TARTS
Let them sit at room temperature about 15-30 minutes.
The longer they sit the creamier they will be!
Serve them with fresh mango, coconut flakes, and more passion fruit flakes on top!
Frequently asked questions about my healthy vegan mango cheesecake tarts.
CAN I MAKE VEGAN MANGO CHEESECAKE BARS INSTEAD?
Yes! All you have to do to make mango cheesecake bars is use a rectangular pan instead of tart molds. The smaller the pan, the thicker your cheesecake bars. The longer the pan, the thinner cheesecake bars you will have.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE INTO A VEGAN MANGO PIE INSTEAD OF TARTS?
Yes! The same as above, just use a different pan! Instead of tartlet molds, use a pie dish and add all your ingredients to it.
CAN I USE NUTS OTHER THAN RAW CASHEWS IN VEGAN CHEESECAKE?
Raw cashews have a super high fat content, which makes them the perfect nut for making that creamy cheesecake-like filling. The closest substitute is pine nuts.
I did try making this recipe with a blend of raw cashews, raw walnuts, and raw macadamia nuts.
Looking for more no bake vegan cheesecake recipes? Try these fan favorites!
- Chocolate Fudge Mini Cheesecake with Peanut Buter whip
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Raw Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Butterfly Pea Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake with Almond Crust
- Apple Pie Cheesecake
If you try this Vegan Mango Cheesecake Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Mini Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- Food processor
For the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
For the vegan mango cheesecake filling:
- Fresh mango slices
- Shredded coconut
- Passion fruit flakes
- **This recipe requires the raw cashews to be soaked overnight to make the creamiest texture that is most like a cheesecake! To soak your cashews: add 2 cups RAW (not roasted) cashews to a large bowl, cover your cashews with water to 1 inch above the cashews.Set your cashews on the counter or in the fridge to soak overnight (~12 hours).
For the almond crust:
- In a food processor, pulse the 1 cup almonds, 1 cup pitted dates, and ¼ cup coconut flakes until they resemble coarse crumbs. Divide the mixture evenly between 6 mini tart molds and press into the bottom. Set these aside while you prepare the filling.
For the mango cheesecake filling:
- In a bowl, add ½ cup pitted dates. Add warm water over the top of the dates. Allow them to soak 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the soaked dates and the soaked cashews. Add them to the food processor along with the ¾ cup full fat coconut milk, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 cup mangoes, and 1 tablespoon passion fruit flakes. Puree completely in the blender until smooth and creamy. You may need to turn the food processor off and scrape down the sides once or twice. Pour your mango filling over the top of the prepared crusts, making sure to pour even amounts into each mold. Freeze your mango tarts at least 2 hours or overnight.
To serve your mango cheesecake tarts:
- Allow your tarts to stand at room temperature 15-30 minutes before serving depending on how warm your house is and how creamy you want it. Right out of the freezer it is a frozen dessert! The longer it stands at room temperature, the creamier it will be. Add fresh mango, coconut flakes, and more passion fruit flakes to serve!
- Healthy mango cheesecake tarts are best stored in an airtight container in the freezer and eaten within a month.