My pink pitaya chia pudding recipe is a super easy to make recipe! Pink chia pudding is dyed naturally with pink pitaya powder. All you need to make this pink chia seed pudding recipe is just 5 ingredients and a mixing bowl!
Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding Ingredients
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup or honey
- Pink pitaya powder
- Pink pitaya (dragon fruit) chunks
Benefits of coconut chia pudding
Chia seed pudding is super good for your health- namely, your gut health! Chia seeds have:
- Fiber (both soluble and insoluble!!)
Is chia pudding good for weight loss?
Yes! Chis seeds are high in fiber and quality protein- both of which are super important for weight loss. Fiber and protein can help to reduce your appetite and keep you full longer.
How to make Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
Pink dragon fruit chia pudding is an easy make ahead recipe! You can eat chia pudding for a snack, or a super healthy breakfast!
1.To make pink chia pudding, grab a medium sized bowl and add: 6 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 cup coconut milk (or your favorite), 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder.
2. Whisk with a fork to combine.
3. Let your bowl sit for about 5 minutes to let the chia seeds start to gel (soak up the milk).
4. Whisk again with your fork. Make sure to break up any chunks of chia that have formed so you have a uniform chia seed pudding texture.
5. Let your bowl sit for another 5 minutes.
6. Whisk again.
You will notice that your pudding has become much thicker as the chia seeds have soaked up a lot of the liquid.
At this point, you can eat your chia pudding, or (my favorite way), divide it between 2 containers and add ½ cup pink pitaya chunks to each container.
I like to let my chia seed pudding sit in the fridge overnight. Allowing chia seed pudding to soak overnight really helps to make a delicious and creamy texture!
How to store chia seed pudding
Chia seeds can be stored for quite awhile when they are dry. But once you have introduced liquid to them, their shelf life quickly declines.
Store your chia seed pudding in an airtight container in the fridge for only up to 3 days!
Do chia seeds come from dragon fruit?
Although those tiny seeds in dragon fruit might look a lot like chia seeds, they are just dragon fruit seeds. Chia seeds actually come from a different plant called Salvia hispanica. Salvia hispanica is a member of the mint family!
Other Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Golden Chia Pudding
- Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Triple Berry Chia Jam
- Rainbow Chia Pudding
- Coconut Chia Pudding
If you try this Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- In a medium sized bowl add: 6 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder.Whisk well to combine. Let sit ~5 minutes at room temperature.
- Whisk again, making sure to break up any chunks of chia seeds.Let sit again ~5 minutes at room temperature.
- Whisk your chia pudding one last time.Divide into 2 containers and top with ½ cup pink pitaya chunks in each container.Leave the pink pitaya on top, or stir into the pink chia pudding.
- Cover your containers and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Share this recipe with your friends on pinterest!