Matcha Chia Pudding. My matcha chia seed pudding recipe is super easy to make and loaded with healthy benefits! Green tea chia pudding is made with chia seeds, matcha (fine green tea powder), and milk. Layered with vanilla yogurt, granola, and kiwi to make a perfect healthy breakfast!
My Matcha Chia Seed Pudding Recipe is:
- Easy to make!
- Energy boosting!
- Super gut healthy
- Loaded with fiber
- Loaded with healthy fats
- Naturally Gluten Free
- Dairy Free & Vegan option in recipe card
I've been working on making some matcha lattes recently and realized I haven't made a green chia parfait jar. So I decided to experiment with my matcha further and make it into a matcha chia parfait!
This jar is perfect to make ahead to bring with you to breakfast at work. Or, make it to enjoy at home! Either way it is super healthy and filled with gut healing ingredients.
IS MATCHA CHIA PUDDING HEALTHY?
- Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so many nutrients like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and fat, namely heart healthy omega-3 fats. And if all of that doesn’t make them great enough, they are also an excellent source of antioxidants! Those antioxidants protect the delicate omega-3 fats from going rancid.
- Matcha powder is made of ground up green tea leaves. Green tea contains compounds that are associated with numerous health benefits. These compounds fall into two major classes: polyphenols and flavonoids. Together, they represent a whopping 30% of green teas dry weight!
- Yogurt is an excellent probiotic source. Need I say more? Read more on gut health in my blog post about probiotic foods.
- Kiwi, like most fruits are filled with disease fighting antioxidants! All the more reason to eat those delicious little tropical fruits.
IS CHIA SEED PUDDING GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Yes! Chia seed pudding is excellent for weight loss! You can eat chia seed pudding every day if you love it for an excellent high fiber breakfast or snack. Chia seed pudding is excellent for weight loss because not only is it loaded with nutrients to support your metabolism, but it is also loaded with fiber! Fiber is important in weight loss to keep you full AND support good gut health, which is key to long term weight maintenance.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER MATCHA PUDDING RECIPE
USE HIGH QUALITY MATCHA POWDER. This will give you the best matcha flavor in your pudding.
MIX CHIA SEEDS AND MILK MULTIPLE TIMES. To make sure the chia seeds start to soak up the milk evenly, make sure to whisk a few times in the first 10 minutes before soaking overnight.
GEL OVERNIGHT. I love soaking chia pudding overnight. Chia seeds are amazing because they can absorb the flavors of anything they are in. So when they're soaked overnight, you will not only get an amazing flavor, but also an great texture!
EAT CHIA SEED PUDDING WITH YOGURT AND FRUIT. There is nothing better than adding yogurt and fruit to your chia pudding for the biggest nutritional benefits!
HOW TO MAKE A MATCHA CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 kiwi
- ⅛ cup muesli
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED:
- Small bowl
- Fork or small whisk
YOUR SHOPPING LIST:
- Chia seeds
- Matcha green tea powder (ceremonial grade)
STEP 1 Make your chia pudding:
Start by making your chia pudding. In order for it to have that nice "pudding-like" texture, you will want to let it gel. If you want to see how to make a gelled chia, check out my golden chia pudding. I included a video in that recipe.
I usually mix it a few times and then if it is thicker than I want after about 15 minutes, I add more milk.
A note on the milk: you can use any type that you like! I have dairy sensitivity, that is why you don't see me using many dairy products.
STEP 2 Assemble your matcha chia parfait:
Layer the prepared chia pudding, the yogurt, and the kiwi. I used some muesili in there too.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Chia seeds have a pretty long shelf life when they're stored in the fridge. But, once they are gelled, their shelf life declines significantly. So, make sure to eat it up within a few days!
Frequently asked questions about my green tea chia pudding recipe.
WHAT IS THE CHIA SEED PUDDING RATIO?
Typically 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to ¼ cup of liquid.
CAN I MAKE MATCHA CHIA SEED PUDDING WITH COCONUT MILK?
Yes! You can use any type of milk in my recipe.
HOW TO I MAKE A MATCHA CHIA SMOOTHIE?
In a blender add, 1 frozen banana, 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder, a hand full of spinach leaves, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, and 1 ½- 2 cups of milk. Blend and enjoy!
IS MATCHA CHIA PUDDING KETO?
No my recipe is not keto friendly!
HOW DO I MAKE STRAWBERRY MATCHA CHIA PUDDING?
Mix finely chopped strawberries into the chia seed and milk mixture along with the green tea powder. Make sure to soak them with the chia seeds overnight to get the best and strongest strawberry flavor in the matcha strawberry chia pudding!
CAN I MAKE CHOCOLATE MATCHA CHIA PUDDING INSTEAD?
Yes! Just like adding strawberries, you can add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder to the chia seeds along with the green tea powder. Soak overnight for the best results!
Other Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
- Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Rainbow Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- No Cook Chia Jam (Blueberry, Blackberry, & Raspberry!)
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Golden Milk Chia Pudding
If you try this Matcha Green Tea Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Matcha Chia Pudding Parfait
- Small bowl
For the matcha chia pudding:
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup soy milk sub any other kind of milk
- 1 teaspoon yacon syrup or maple syrup optional for sweeter pudding
Other layers for parfait:
- 1 cup plain yogurt dairy free/vegan use coconut milk yogurt
- 2 kiwi sliced
- ⅛ cup muesli or no sugar added granola
- Prepare the chia pudding by mixing the chia seeds, matcha powder, milk, and yacon syrup. Whisk together and let sit ~15 minutes to gel. Stir occasionally during those 15 minutes to make sure the chia seeds evenly gel.
- Soak chia seed pudding overnight in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Peel and slice the kiwi.
- In a dish or glass, layer the soaked chia pudding, yogurt, kiwi, and muesli.