Pomegranate chia pudding. Make this super easy and healthy breakfast recipe this week! I love prepping pomegranate chia seed pudding to have ready to go for a quick healthy breakfast all week long.
Pomegranate chia seed pudding is excellent for moms, toddlers, and yes even babies! I have been feeding my almost 2 year old chia seeds since she was 6 months old and they are one of her favorite foods!
You can make my pomegranate chia pudding to serve right out of the jar, or if you have a bit more time, I included serving directions on how to layer it into a gorgeous chia parfait! Either way you are serving your pomegranate chia pudding, the healthy benefits are endless!
POMEGRANATE CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
You just need a few simple ingredients to make this quick pomegranate chia seed pudding recipe.
- chia seeds
- milk of choice
- beet root powder/ pink pitaya powder (totally optional, but gives a pretty pink color naturally!)
- fresh pomegranate jewels
IS CHIA PUDDING ACTUALLY GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! Chia Pudding is loaded with healthy benefits that is great for weight loss, gut health, balancing hormones, lowering inflammation and so much more! As a registered dietitian, I frequently recommend clients to eat more chia seeds!
Chia seeds benefits:
- aids weight loss
- helps with hormone balance
- relieves constipation
- helps you poop!
IS CHIA PUDDING GOOD FOR YOU EVERY DAY?
Yes you can definitely eat chia pudding every day! As a registered dietitian, I always keep chia seed pudding prepped in my fridge. I love it as a quick healthy snack and my 1 year old is obsessed with it!
HOW TO MAKE POMEGRANATE CHIA PUDDING
Make my healthy pomegranate chia pudding easily! Grab 4 glass jars with lids and let's get started!
Step 1: make chia pudding
In this quick chia pudding recipe, I'm making 4 jars of chia pudding, you can make as many or as little as you need.
In each jar add:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon beet root powder or 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¾ cup milk of choice
Mix the chia seeds into the milk very well and rest about 30 seconds. You will want to mix your chia pudding about 5 times within the first 5 minutes to prevent clumping.
Step 2: soak overnight
After mixing 5 times and your chia pudding has a thick pudding like texture, add about ¼ cup pomegranate jewels to each jar.
Cover and soak overnight in the fridge.
Your pomegranate chia seed pudding will last up to 5 days!
HOW TO SERVE POMEGRANATE CHIA PUDDING
Eat your pomegranate chia seed pudding as is right out of the jar, or you can layer it into a pretty pomegranate chia pudding parfait like in my cover photo.
To make the chia pudding parfait layer:
- Pomegranate chia pudding
- Yogurt of choice
- Fresh pomegranate jewels
- Coconut chips
- Cut up protein bar
- Fresh raspberries on top!
My chia pudding is colored with beet root powder for that gorgeous pink color. Here are some fun variations if you don't have or don't like beet root:
- mix chia seeds with pomegranate juice
- mix chia seeds with milk and pomegranate yogurt
- use pink pitaya powder instead of beet root for color
Frequently asked questions about my pomegranate chia pudding recipe.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU EAT CHIA SEED PUDDING?
I would recommend eating chia seeds once per day. Start with 1 tablespoon and see how your body tolerates it. Do you notice bloating, or do you notice less bloating? How does it make you feel. You can increase up to 3 tablespoons per day.
Remember- the more fiber you eat the more water you need! So, if you are adding more high fiber foods, like chia seeds, make sure you're drinking enough water. The best way to assess your hydration is to look at the color of you pee! Typically, darker pee means you need to drink up!
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU ATE CHIA SEEDS EVERY DAY?
As long as there's no food allergies or intolerances, chances are that eating chia seeds every day would be highly beneficial for you.. especially if you don't currently eat many nuts or seeds! You will probably notice having to go poop more, more energized, and probably a flatter tummy!
WHAT DOES POMEGRANATE JUICE WITH CHIA SEEDS DO?
Want to make a pomegranate chia seed drink instead? Simply mix together 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 cup of pomegranate juice. Chia seeds will keep you full, reduce cravings, and are high in fiber for your gut health. Pomegranate juice is loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits.
Other Healthy Chia Seed Recipes:
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- No Cook Chia Jam (Blueberry, Blackberry, & Raspberry!)
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Rainbow Chia Seed Pudding
- Coconut Chia Pudding
If you try this Pomegranate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Pomegranate Chia Seed Pudding!
- 4 glass jars with lid
- fork or whisk
For the pomegranate chia pudding:
Optional serving idea as a chia pudding parfait:
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Pomegranate jewels
- ⅛ cup Coconut chips
- ½ Protein bar
- ½ cup Raspberries
How to make Pomegranate Chia Pudding:
- To make the pomegranate chia pudding, grab 4 glass jars. In each jar add 2 tablespoons chia seeds and 1 teaspoon beet root powder.8 tablespoon chia seeds, 4 teaspoon beet root powder
- Top with 1 teaspoon honey and ¾ cup any kind of milk. Whisk well to combine the chia seeds with the milk. Make sure to mix 5 times in 5 minutes (or about every 30 seconds) letting it rest in between to prevent clumpy chia seed pudding.3 cups milk of choice, 4 teaspoon honey
- After mixing, top each jar with ¼ cup pomegranate jewels.Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.1 cup pomegranate jewels
How to serve as a Chia Pudding Parfait:
- Grab a tall jar and layer your pomegranate chia pudding, yogurt, more pomegranate jewels, raspberries, coconut chips, and a protein bar.Enjoy!½ cup Yogurt, ¼ cup Pomegranate jewels, ⅛ cup Coconut chips, ½ Protein bar, ½ cup Raspberries