Golden chia seed pudding with turmeric and honey! My golden milk chia pudding recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect healthy easy breakfast or snack.
I made my ayurvedic chia pudding recipe with my homemade golden milk powder, chia seeds, milk and honey! If you're constantly at a loss for time in the morning, this turmeric honey chia pudding is the perfect breakfast to meal prep.
Golden milk chia pudding has so many healthy benefits and tastes very delicious! From reducing inflammation, to helping you lose weight, turmeric and chia seeds are the perfect combination.
GOLDEN CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
If you're wondering, can chia seeds and turmeric go together ? The answer is yes! Think of a delicious golden milk latte, with chia seeds. Top your golden milk chia pudding with some yogurt and pineapple or mango and you have a tasty healthy breakfast in less than 5 minutes!
Ingredients you will need:
- chia seeds
- golden milk latte mix
- milk of choice
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE CHIA PUDDING?
All of my chia pudding recipes take about 5 minutes to prep. You can definitely eat your chia pudding after 5 minutes, but I highly recommend soaking chia seeds overnight. When you soak chia seeds, the texture becomes more pudding like and you also get more nutrients from them.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CHIA PUDDING WITH TURMERIC?
As a registered dietitian, I frequently recommend adding chia seeds and turmeric to your diet. Turmeric and chia seeds are great for weight loss, for your gut health, to balance your hormones and so much more. You really can't go wrong with these two ingredients!
Chia seeds and turmeric benefits
- Weight loss
- Anti inflammatory
- Gut health
- Hormone balance
Fiber is necessary for good gut health. Did you know that 70-80% of immune cells are located in your gut?! Without a healthy gut, you're not only reducing the vital nutrients getting absorbed into your body, but also decreasing a HUGE portion of your immune cells!
And there are even more benefits of eating turmeric and chia seeds! Turmeric is one of the most widely researched plants for its healthy benefits.
For the most benefits of turmeric, make sure you eat it with black pepper!! Your body does not absorb much turmeric without the black pepper.
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN CHIA PUDDING WITH HONEY
This golden milk chia seed pudding recipe is so easy to make! I highly recommend mixing this in glass containers and not plastic.
STEP 1- add all ingredients to your jars
In each 8 ounce jar add:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon golden milk turmeric mix
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional for sweeter chia pudding)
- ¾ cup milk of choice
STEP 2- mix very well to prevent lumpy chia pudding
The best way to have perfect chia seed pudding with no lumps is to mix it multiple times within the first 5 minutes of soaking. To do this:
- Whisk your ingredients very well to combine. Let it rest about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Whisk again very well. Let it rest again.
- Repeat this until you get the texture in the photo above. This usually takes about 5 mixes.
STEP 3- soak chia pudding overnight
Add the lids and soak your turmeric and chia seed pudding in the fridge overnight. You can eat it right after mixing but the flavor and texture will be so much better when you soak it overnight.
Mix the golden chia pudding one more time in the morning before eating it.
My original anti inflammatory chia pudding was served with some banana, melon, and granola in a parfait.
I also love making pineapple turmeric chia pudding or mangoes on top! My favorite way to eat this is right out of the jar with a little vanilla yogurt, mango chunks and pineapple.
HOW TO MAKE A TURMERIC AND CHIA SEED DRINK INSTEAD- SAME INGREDIENTS!
If you love golden milk latte's and all those healthy benefits, you're going to love chia seeds in turmeric milk!
All you have to do to make this recipe into a drink, is add about 1 ½ cup of milk instead of ¾ cup of milk! Mix very well and then let it soak overnight for the best texture and the most benefits.
Frequently asked questions about my triple seed golden chia pudding recipe.
HOW LONG IS CHIA PUDDING GOOD?
Your golden chia pudding will last up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
WILL CHIA PUDDING SPIKE MY BLOOD SUGAR?
Unless you add a lot of sugar, chia seeds are filled with fiber, fat, and protein so they should not cause a blood sugar spike.
IS CHIA PUDDING GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Yes! Turmeric and chia seeds are excellent for weight loss. They both help with your gut health, hormone balance, both of which are excellent for long term sustainable weight loss.
DO YOU HAVE TO SOAK CHIA SEEDS FOR PUDDING?
Chia seeds taste best when soaked overnight so they have time to absorb all the flavors of what they are mixed into.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO CONSUME CHIA SEEDS?
Any time of day! I like to recommend them as a healthy breakfast or early morning snack to get your gut started off right from the start of the day.
Other Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
- Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Rainbow Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- No Cook Chia Jam (Blueberry, Blackberry, & Raspberry!)
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
If you try this Golden Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Golden Turmeric Chia Pudding
- 4 8 oz mason jars
- 8 tablespoon chia seeds 2 tablespoons per jar
- 4 teaspoon golden milk (turmeric) powder 1 teaspoon per jar
- 3 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened soy milk) ¾ cup per jar
- 4 tablespoon honey (optional) 1 tablespoon per jar
- Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and 1 teaspoon golden milk (turmeric) powder to each jar.8 tablespoon chia seeds, 4 teaspoon golden milk (turmeric) powder
- Add ¾ cup of any kind of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey on top of chia seeds.3 cups milk of choice (I use unsweetened soy milk), 4 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Whisk your golden chia pudding 5 times within the first 5 minutes to prevent chia seeds from clumping. I whisk mine once then rest for one minute, and whisk again each minute. Your chia pudding should look like this picture below. Cover and soak your chia pudding overnight for the best texture.
- Serve turmeric chia pudding with some vanilla yogurt, mangoes, or pineapples. Enjoy!
Golden Chia Pudding was originally published on March 5th 2020 and included hemp seeds and flax seeds. This turmeric chia pudding recipe was updated on January 10th to be made much simpler with just chia seeds turmeric powder and milk!