Rainbow Chia Seed Pudding. Rainbow chia seed pudding layered with colorful fruit! My colorful chia seed pudding is naturally dyed with super food powders like beet root powder and butterfly pea powder. It is a super healthy breakfast, naturally gluten free and dairy free!
My Rainbow Chia Seed Pudding Recipe is:
- Naturally dyed with superfood powders
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
RAINBOW CHIA SEED PUDDING INSPIRATION
Okay so every year we usually go up to Montreal during the summer time. From where we live in upstate New York, it is about a 4 hour drive. Montreal has this street in the gay village that is absolutely gorgeous. The entire street has different colored decorations to make it look like you are walking through a rainbow!
But this year we haven't been able to drive up because the border is still closed due to COVID 19 and I am really missing it. So, I thought I would bring the rainbow theme here! I made this healthy and delicious rainbow chia seed pudding!
IS CHIA SEED PUDDING BAD FOR YOU?
Chia seed pudding is actually excellent for your health! Chia pudding is the BEST thing to eat in the morning for gut health. It is filled with fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
IS CHIA SEED PUDDING GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Yes!! Chia seed pudding is an excellent stomach filling breakfast that is great for weight loss. Since chia seeds are high in fiber, they will keep you full for hours! They are also great for your gut health, which is extremely important in sustainable weight loss.
RAINBOW CHIA SEED PUDDING BENEFITS
My chia seed pudding recipe is filled with nutrition benefits!
- Chia seeds are filled with healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber! Fiber is amazing for your good gut bugs for good gut health!
- Soy milk has calcium, protein, and other phytochemicals! Make sure you buy one with low sugar and that is minimally processed for the most benefits.
- Beet root powder is a great source of antioxidants!
- Strawberries have lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Golden milk mix has turmeric in it. Turmeric is one of the most widely studied roots for its disease fighting benefits.
- Oranges have vitamin C, which can help keep you from getting sick by boosting your immune system.
- Passion fruit flakes are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can boost immunity, improve mood, and even improve insomnia!
- Bananas are a great source of potassium!
- Moringa powder contains glucosinolates which has been shown promising in cancer prevention.
- Kiwi is another fruit high in vitamin C. Vitamin C not only helps with immunity, but it can also improve your skin health!
- Butterfly pea powder is high in compounds called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are extremely beneficial in eye health and reducing blood pressure.
- Blueberries are a SUPER fruit. They contain many nutrients and have been shown to reduce risk of cancer.
- Blackberries & raspberries are packed with vitamin C. Thanks to the little seeds in them, they are also good sources of fiber!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST RAINBOW CHIA SEED PUDDING
Use milk. If you try to make chia seed pudding with water, the texture will not be as creamy. I used soy milk, but you can also make my rainbow chia seed pudding with coconut milk, almond milk, or any milk that you like!
Make sure to completely whisk to combine. If you don't stir your chia seed pudding well, you will end up with big hard chunks of chia seeds. Plus, you want to make sure the super food powders are totally stirred in too.
Give yourself time. Chia seeds taste best when they have gelled (absorbed water), so let them sit for at least 15 minutes before eating.
Use ripe fruit! Ripe fruit has the best and sweetest flavor. If you can't find certain fruits in my recipe, just use whatever you like!
RAINBOW CHIA SEED PUDDING INGREDIENTS
If you are looking for some of the harder to find items, I linked them to my amazon shop account. Just click on the name of the ingredient!
- Orange slices
- Passion fruit flakes
- Moringa powder
- Butterfly pea powder
Other coloring powders you can use instead:
Red: pink pitaya powder
Orange/yellow: sweet potato powder, yellow safflower powder, yellow goldenberry powder
Green: matcha green tea powder
Blue: blue spirulina powder
Purple: black goji berry powder, red cabbage powder, blueberry powder, purple sweet potato powder
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW CHIA SEED PUDDING
First, get out a bunch of little bowls to make each color of chia seed pudding.
In each bowl, add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, ¼ cup of milk, and the color (beet root powder, turmeric, passion fruit flakes, moringa, butterfly pea powder).
Whisk each one with a fork to totally combine it.
Use separate forks to avoid mixing colors!
Go back to it a few minutes later and whisk it again to make sure that the chia seed pudding gels properly.
Next, rinse and chop your fruits.
If there is a different type of fruit that you want to use, use that instead!
Maybe some pineapple instead of banana. Or mango instead of oranges!
Finally, the fun part!
Layer everything together by color.
- Red chia pudding with beet root powder
- Strawberry slices
- Orange chia pudding with golden milk
- Orange slices
- Passion fruit flake yellow chia pudding
- Banana slices
- Green chia pudding with moringa powder
- Kiwi slices
- Blue chia pudding with butterfly pea powder
- Purple chia pudding with butterfly pea powder and beet root powder
- Blackberries & raspberries
HOW TO STORE CHIA PUDDING
You can store chia seed pudding in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Once chia seeds are gelled, they do not store for very long, unlike dry chia seeds which last a long time!
Frequently asked questions about my rainbow chia seed pudding.
Are chia seeds healthy?
YES! Chia seeds are super healthy for you. They are LOADED with healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants. This is why these tiny seeds are known as a super food! The healthy fats in them are essential for so many things, including mental health.
Is chia seed pudding a healthy snack?
Yes! Chia seed pudding is a quick easy snack idea that is also extremely healthy!
How do I make rainbow chia seed pudding with yogurt?
I love making some of my chia seed pudding jars with yogurt! Simply scoop some yogurt between the layers of fruit and chia pudding. Take it a step further and stir in some super food powders!
Is rainbow chia seed pudding keto?
Yes!! Chia seeds are super high in fats! If you are on a keto diet, check the type of milk that you are using. Especially plant based alternatives, which can add up to a lot of extra sugars. Also, opt for more of the berries rather than the bananas, etc.
How many servings is in this recipe?
Okay so if you look and you see SO much chia seeds! Serving sizes vary person to person. But generally, a serving of chia seeds would be ~2-3 tablespoons. So, you can definitely make this recipe and store half of it for a breakfast for the next morning. Or, you can make it for you and your partner or kids!
Other Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
- Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- No Cook Chia Jam (Blueberry, Blackberry, & Raspberry!)
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
If you try this Rainbow Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Delicious Rainbow Chia Pudding
- whisk or fork
Red chia pudding
Orange chia pudding
Yellow chia pudding
Green chia pudding
Blue chia pudding
- Mix each layer in a separate bowl:Whisk together the chia seeds, the milk, and the powder for the color. You will have to whisk it a few times as it gels. Don't mix it once and let it sit because then it could get clumpy.
- Arrange each layer of the colored chia pudding with the fruit for that color in a jar. Enjoy!