Iced Pink Matcha Latte. My pink matcha latte is a layered drink of pink pitaya topped with a dairy free matcha cold foam. My pink matcha latte recipe is super easy to make and totally healthy for you!
I love making pretty iced pink drinks! Iced matcha is one of my favorite drinks.. well other than coffee of course! Matcha is super delicious paired with this pink pitaya drink.
WHAT IS A PINK MATCHA LATTE?
A pink matcha is simply a layer of blended pink pitaya powder and milk on the bottom. Then, coconut matcha cold foam is poured on top!
HOW DO YOU MAKE STARBUCKS MATCHA PINK DRINK?
Pink matcha drink from Starbucks is SO easy to make!
First, blend pink pitaya powder with milk of choice. I like to use my small hand held blender for this layer.
Fill a cup with ice. Pour the pink drink half way up.
Next, use a hand held milk frother to whip together more milk, matcha green tea powder, and a bit of coconut cream.
Scoop it on top of the pink pitaya milk and enjoy!
ASK THE DIETITIAN:
ARE MATCHA LATTES BAD FOR YOU?
No! Matcha lattes are actually excellent for your health! Matcha green tea powder is loaded with antioxidants that supports brain health.
A bonus of matcha is that you get the energy boost, without the jitters.
WATCH HOW I MADE MY PINK MATCHA LATTE
TIPS ON MAKING THE BEST PINK MATCHA LATTE RECIPE
USE A SMALL HAND HELD BLENDER, LIKE A SMOOTHIE BLENDER TO MAKE THE PINK LAYER. Small blenders work really well for blending up powders with milk for iced lattes.
REFRIGERATE A CAN OF FULL FAT COCONUT MILK. Add about a tablespoon per half cup of milk to make a dairy free cold foam.
USE A HAND HELD MILK FROTHER TO MAKE THE COLD FOAM. Cold foam is really easy to make if you have a milk frother.
Frequently asked questions about iced pink matcha lattes.
WHAT DOES PINK MATCHA TASTE LIKE?
Pink matcha tastes slightly earthy from the matcha and subtly sweet from the pink pitaya. It is a cold and refreshing drink!
WHAT IS COCONUT CREAM?
The coconut cream I used is just the hard portion of the milk from a refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk.
WHAT KIND OF MILK SHOULD I USE?
You can use any kind of milk that you want! I used vanilla soy milk in my pink matcha latte, which makes it totally dairy free.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF PINK PITAYA TO MAKE MILK PINK ?
You can also use beetroot powder to make naturally pink milk.
MAKE MY PINK MATCHA LATTE
PINK MATCHA LATTE INGREDIENTS
My easy pink matcha latte is made with just 4 ingredients!
Your pink matcha latte shopping list:
- Milk of choice
- Can of full fat coconut milk
- Matcha green tea powder
- Pink pitaya powder
HOW TO MAKE IT:
First, fill a glass with ice.
Next, grab a small blender. In the blender, add 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder and 1 cup of milk of choice. You can add 1 teaspoon of honey if you want it sweet.
Blend for 1-2 minutes till it is totally combined and the milk is pink.
Pour the pink milk half way up your glass.
Next, in a cup add, 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder, 1 tablespoon of the hard part from the refrigerated can of coconut milk, and ½ cup milk of choice.
Use your milk frother to blend until the matcha foam is totally frothy and smooth.
Scoop your matcha foam on top of the pink milk.
Sip and enjoy!
More delicious drink recipes you might like:
- Strawberry dragon fruit refresher Dunkin' copycat
- Mango pineapple refresher
- Dirty matcha latte
- Brown Sugar Cookie Cold Foam
- Mermaid latte (butterfly pea matcha latte)
- Iced dalgona matcha latte
- Dairy free iced matcha latte 3 ways
- Blender iced matcha latte
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube!
Looking for a drink with a little more caffeine? Make my pink latte with espresso!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary on Instagram and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Pink Matcha Latte (Starbucks Pink Matcha Latte)
For the pink iced milk:
- 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder sub beetroot powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk or milk of choice
For the matcha cold foam:
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk hard part of can of refrigerated coconut milk
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- In a small blender, add 1 teaspoon pink pitaya powder and 1 cup of milk. Blend until completely combined.
- Pour pink pitaya milk over the ice cubes until half way up the glass.
- In a cup, add 1 teaspoon matcha powder, ½ cup milk, and 1 tablespoon coconut milk/coconut cream. Use a milk frother to blend until the matcha is smooth and foamy and uniformly combined into the milks.
- Scoop matcha foam over the pink milk.
- Sip and enjoy!
Wow this pink matcha tasted incredible!! I used a little bit of honey in mine to make it a bit sweeter and it was absolutely perfect thank you so much