Apple pie smoothie! My healthy apple pie smoothie makes the perfect quick fall breakfast! I made this sweet apple pie smoothie recipe with no banana and with some high fiber oats. My healthy apple smoothie is the most delicious easy fall recipe you'll make this season.
Fall is here and that means apple season in New York! As much as I love cozy fall desserts like apple crisp, warm fluffy muffins, and baked oatmeal.. I still crave smoothies! And since you guys loved my pumpkin smoothie, I wanted to share this healthy apple pie smoothie recipe!
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- Rolled (old fashioned) oats
IS AN APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE HEALTHY?
Yes! My apple smoothie recipe is a very healthy recipe! I made my apple smoothie with no banana by request, but if you like bananas definitely include them because they are healthy too!
Let's look at the benefits of the apple smoothie ingredients:
- Apples- contain gut healthy fiber that will help you poop easier and lose weight!
- Rolled (old fashioned) oats- more excellent fiber for your gut health.
- Yogurt- healthy bacteria for your gut, good fats for your metabolism and some protein!
- Cinnamon- an age old anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Milk- great for calcium, vitamin D, healthy fats, and protein. Always choose unsweetened milk.
- Dates- essential microminerals for healthy metabolism.
WHAT TO PUT IN SMOOTHIES TO MAKE THEM FILLING
Ever drink a smoothie only to be hungry an hour later? Here are some registered dietitian tips on how to make your smoothie more filling:
- Add fiber! Fruits are excellent for antioxidants and vitamins, however not all fruits are super high in fiber. Add in high fiber ingredients like 2 tablespoons flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds. Or you can add ¼ cup rolled oats, almonds, cashews, or walnuts.
- Add fat! Long ago people thought fat made you fat.. we were very wrong. Fat is excellent for your health. Add in whole milk yogurt, coconut cream, coconut flakes, any nuts, or any seeds.
- Include protein! Fruit blended with coconut water is fine as a snack.. but if you want a balanced smoothie you can eat as breakfast you also need protein! You can use yogurt, nuts, seeds, nut butters, and milk.
Notice how some of the whole food ingredients overlap? Yogurt has healthy fats and protein. Nuts & seeds give you healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Use any ingredients that you like, whole foods are always better than processed powders!
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY HEALTHY APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE WITHOUT BANANA
My apple smoothie is so easy to make! Any blender will work, smoothies are thinner than smoothie bowls and don't require as strong as a blender.
And also- if you do like bananas you can add one in they are healthy!
STEP 1- ADD ALL INGREDIENTS
In your blender add:
- 2 apples (sliced and frozen)
- ¼ cup rolled (old fashioned) oats
- ¼ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 pitted dates
STEP 2- BLEND TILL SMOOTH
Turn your blender on high and blend till totally smooth. I let my blender run for about 60 seconds.
STEP 3- ENJOY!
Add a straw and enjoy! This is a great breakfast smoothie to enjoy on the go for busy fall mornings.
What kind of smoothie should I make next? Leave me a comment I love to hear from you!
More healthy fall breakfast recipes you might like:
- Apple pie overnight oatmeal
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins
- Sugar free crockpot apple butter
- Pumpkin pie overnight oats
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Easy pumpkin pie smoothie
- Pumpkin waffles
- Steel cut pumpkin oatmeal
Frequently asked questions about my healthy apple smoothie recipe.
How do I make my apple smoothie sweeter?
Make sure to use a sweet apple variety like gala or golden delicious. Tart apples, like granny smith, which are typically used in baking, will not give you a sweet smoothie.
To make your smoothie even sweeter add another pitted date, or half an extra ripe banana.
Can apples be blended?
Yes! Apples can be blended into any smoothie that you like. Apples contain prebiotic fibers that are excellent for gut health and weight loss. Rosemary Squires, Registered Dietitian
Are apples good in protein shakes?
Yes! Apples add fiber and antioxidants to your protein shake. For the sweetest flavor, be sure to choose a sweet apple variety like honey crisp, gala, or golden delicious.
How do I make an apple pie smoothie vegan?
For a vegan friendly smoothie, substitute the whole milk yogurt with plant based yogurt or coconut cream. All other smoothie ingredients are vegan.
You can also make this apple pie smoothie without yogurt if you're not a yogurt fan it is just as good without!
How do I make an apple pie smoothie bowl instead?
Want a thick delicious apple pie smoothie bowl? Simply leave the milk out! Keep blending until your smoothie bowl is totally creamy, don't be tempted to add in milk or it will come out watery.
If you try my Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Apple Pie Smoothie (No Banana!)
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Turn your blender on high and blend till totally smooth. Enjoy!