Mango dragon fruit smoothie! My giant mango smoothie is made with a delicious layer of pink dragon fruit and topped with a thick coconut mango smoothie. It is a delicious and refreshing smoothie for a hot summer day!
I love tropical smoothies! The flavor of coconut milk mixed with sweet tropical fruits like mango and dragon fruit make me feel like I'm on vacation. And what is better than starting your day with vacation for breakfast!
My healthy smoothie has all the ingredients you need for a balanced breakfast: fruits, healthy fat, protein, and fiber! I'm keeping this post short today since I'm planting my garden for the summer. Hope you all enjoy this smoothie as much as I did!
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
MANGO DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- thawed dragon fruit
- frozen mango
- hemp seeds
- plain yogurt
- milk of choice
DRAGON FRUIT MANGO SMOOTHIE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Gut health! Fiber from dragon fruit, mango, and hemp seeds feed the good gut bacteria and help promote digestion & absorption of nutrients! Also helps you poop. 🙂
- Great for skin! All fruit is high in antioxidants and vitamin C, which are excellent for skin health. Vitamin C helps to naturally build collagen in your skin!
- Anti-inflammatory! Dragon fruit, mango, and hemp seeds all have antioxidants to reduce inflammation all around your body.
- Balanced breakfast! My smoothie is made with more than just fruit. There are healthy fats & protein from the milk, yogurt, and hemp seeds.
HOW TO MAKE A MANGO DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE WITH COCONUT MILK
This easy mango dragon fruit smoothie can be made in minutes! You can make it like the picture, with a layer of pink dragon fruit topped with a mango smoothie. Or, blend everything together into 1 pink smoothie!
STEP 1 MASH DRAGON FRUIT
First, I mashed 1 cup of thawed dragon fruit and added it to the bottom of a large glass.
STEP 2 MAKE MANGO COCONUT MILK SMOOTHIE
Next, I made my thick mango smoothie by blending up 2 cups of frozen mango chunks, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, ½ cup full fat Greek yogurt, and 1 ½ cups of coconut milk. (Add the dragon fruit now if you are blending it into your smoothie instead of layering).
Blend until your smoothie is completely smooth and no chunks of mango remain.
STEP 3 POUR AND ENJOY!
Pour the mango smoothie on top of the mashed dragon fruit.
Frequently asked questions about my mango dragon fruit coconut milk smoothie recipe.
Does coconut and mango taste good together?
Yes! These two tropical flavors taste super delicious together. They taste very sweet and compliment each other well!
How do I make a vegan mango dragon fruit smoothie?
Simply use a vegan yogurt! All other ingredients in my smoothie are already dairy free and vegan friendly.
Can I blend the dragon fruit into the smoothie instead of layers?
Yes! If you don't want a layered smoothie, simply add the 1 cup of pink dragon fruit along with the mango into your blender.
Can we eat dragon fruit and mango together?
Yes! All fruits can be eaten together there are no rules for which ones you can eat together! Mango and dragon fruit are both tropical fruits so they taste really good together!
More delicious healthy smoothie recipes you might like:
- Cloud smoothie
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Strawberry smoothie
- Blue smoothie
- Mango smoothie no banana
- Mango strawberry smoothie
- Mango pineapple smoothie
- Watermelon smoothie
- De bloating smoothie
- Super Greens Powder Smoothie
If you try this Mango Coconut Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Mango Dragon Fruit Smoothie with Coconut Milk!
- 1 cup pink dragon fruit fresh or frozen & thawed
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ cup plain yogurt of choice
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- First, mash 1 cup of thawed dragon fruit and add it to the bottom of a large glass.
- Next, make my mango smoothie by blending up 2 cups of frozen mango chunks, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, ½ cup full fat Greek yogurt, and 1 ½ cups of coconut milk. (Add the dragon fruit now if you are blending it into your smoothie instead of layering).
- Blend until your smoothie is completely smooth and no chunks of mango remain.
- Pour the mango smoothie on top of the mashed dragon fruit. Enjoy!
This was just what I needed in the summer heat!! My kids loved it too!
Wow!! This is sooo gorgeous!! I made it with the dragon fruit blended in but definitely want to make it again for the pretty layers
It's the best when it's also kid approved thank you!!
I can't wait for you to try it both ways! <3