Mango Smoothie without Yogurt or milk! My delicious sweet frozen mango smoothie is made with frozen mangoes, and coconut water! You can make the chia pudding as a base for a gorgeous layered smoothie, or blend it right into the smoothie itself!
I love making gorgeous layered smoothies with chia pudding, fresh fruit, and piled with thick smoothies. They're so fun to make and super aesthetic. But I get asked a lot if I eat the smoothie right out of the jar in the photo.. and the answer is no!
I actually dump the smoothie and chia into a bowl and eat it that way, the jar piled high with a thick mango smoothie is just for aesthetics. So you can easily make this mango smoothie with chia pudding in a bowl or really any large glass!
Want to learn how to make the best smoothies at home? Make sure to read my tutorial on how to make a smoothie at home!
MANGO SMOOTHIE WITHOUT YOGURT INGREDIENTS
So how can a healthy mango smoothie without yogurt, milk or banana taste good? Here's what I used!
- Chia pudding (totally optional)
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh kiwi
- Frozen mango
- Collagen or protein powder
- Coconut water
ARE MANGO SMOOTHIES WITH NO BANANA HEALTHY?
Yes! My healthy mango smoothie recipe is excellent for skin health, gut health, and weight loss!
- Gut Health Benefits: chia seeds, pineapple, and mango are all high in fiber, which feeds the good gut bugs and supports optimal gut health!
- Weight Loss Benefits: all ingredients in my mango smoothie are excellent for weight loss. They are all high in nutrients that support metabolism, gut health, and keep you full!
- Skin Clearing Benefits: turmeric in the chia pudding helps reduce inflammation in the skin, and the fruits are filled with antioxidants and vitamin C that help your skin naturally build collagen for healthy skin cells!
HOW TO MAKE A MANGO SMOOTHIE WIHTOUT BANANA OR YOGURT!
You can make this no banana mango smoothie 3 ways:
- Exactly as the recipe calls for
- By blending all ingredients into 1 large smoothie (no layers)
- Making just the mango coconut water smoothie
Instructions provided below and in the recipe card are for the chia pudding and the mango smoothie on top. For instructions on how to blend the chia into your mango smoothie, see the FAQ's section at the bottom.
Layer 1: Turmeric chia pudding
First, make your chia pudding. This gives the chia time to "gel," and create that pudding-like texture. Many people don't stir their chia pudding enough, giving it a chunky texture.
Start by whisking half of your milk or coconut water into the chia seeds and the turmeric powder. Let the chia set a few minutes. Then, whisk it again to make sure it is evenly gelling. Pour in the rest of your milk and whisk again.
Pour the chia pudding into a glass or bowl. Set aside while you prepare the easy mango smoothie.
Layer 2: Fresh fruit
Slice some fresh pineapple and kiwi as the second layer of your parfait. If these aren't in season near you, use whatever fruit is available! Fruit is packed with so much nutrition you really can't go wrong with it!
Add the fresh fruit on top of the chia pudding layer.
Layer 3: Mango smoothie without yogurt or banana
Finally, make your no yogurt mango smoothie. Add the frozen mango, protein or collagen powder (optional for more protein especially if you aren't making the chia seed pudding), and the coconut water.
Blend your smoothie until it is thick and creamy. Depending on the strength of your blender, you might have to turn if off a few times and stir it to make sure all the frozen fruit is hitting the blades!
Once your smoothie is done, pour it over your other ingredients.
Hope you enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about my mango smoothie without yogurt.
Can I make this mango smoothie without the chia pudding?
Yes! You have 2 options: either blend the chia seeds into the smoothie itself. In this case you would need about 1 cup extra coconut water because chia seeds absorb a lot of water.
The other option is to simply leave it out and just make the mango smoothie top! Both ways are completely healthy and delicious!
What is a mango smoothie made of?
If you want to make just the smoothie, simply blend: frozen mango and coconut water. I would highly suggest adding collagen or protein powder plus chia seeds so that your smoothie has more protein and you can have it as a meal!
My mango smoothie recipe without yogurt bananas or milk: 2 cups frozen mango chunks, ½ cup fresh pineapple, 1 ½ cups coconut water, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
What can replace yogurt in a smoothie?
I love making smoothies with all sorts of different ingredients. My mango smoothie is already creamy without yogurt. But, if you want an even creamier texture, full fat coconut milk is an excellent option to replace yogurt.
How can I make a mango smoothie with water instead of coconut water?
Simply replace the coconut water with plain filtered water. Keep in mind that the flavor won't be as strong because coconut water gives a nice coconut flavor to the mango smoothie.
More healthy delicious smoothie recipes you might like:
- Blue smoothie with blue chia pudding
- Blueberry smoothie with chia
- Tropical green smoothie
- Mango strawberry layered smoothie
- Chocolate frosty (healthy Wendy's frosty!)
- Pumpkin spice smoothie
- Cloud smoothie
- Pink pitaya smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie without banana
- Strawberry banana smoothie with chia
If you try this Tropical Mango Smoothie Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Mango Smoothie without Yogurt or Bananas
For the chia pudding
Fresh fruit layer
- ½ cup Fresh pineapple
- 1 fresh kiwi
For the mango smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1 scoop prebiotic powder
- ⅛ cup coconut water
For the layered mango smoothie (as shown in the picture)
- Combine the chia seeds, turmeric, and ½ cup coconut water or flax milk for the chia pudding. Stir a few times to make sure the chia pudding gels evenly. Scoop the pudding into your bowl or jar of choice.
- Add the fresh kiwi and pineapple on top of the chia pudding.
- For the mango smoothie, blend the frozen mango, collagen/protein powder, and coconut water.
- Scoop the smoothie on top of the fresh fruit.
- Enjoy immediately!
For a non-layered mango smoothie
- Blend together 2 cups of frozen mango, ½ cup pineapple, 1 scoop protein or collagen powder, 1 ½ cups coconut water, and 1 tablespoon chia seeds.Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!