Strawberry banana smoothie bowl. Thick, creamy, and delicious strawberry banana smoothie bowl made with just 3 ingredients!
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl Recipe is:
- Thick & creamy
- Easy to make
- Flavorful & delicious
- Naturally Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Low FODMAP
This strawberry banana smoothie bowl is a classic that you're going to want to save! It literally only has 3 ingredients and you can top it with whatever you like! Read on to find a secret hint on how all my smoothie bowls are so thick!
What's even better about this smoothie bowl is that it is totally healthy!
ARE BANANA AND STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIES GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! Banana and strawberry smoothies are great for your health! Bananas and strawberries are loaded with nutrients, fiber, and packed with disease fighting antioxidants. If you want to make a strawberry banana smoothie a complete meal, make sure to add a fat source (like hemp seeds, nut butters, full fat coconut milk/ coconut flakes, or full fat yogurt), and a protein source (like protein powder, yogurt, collagen, etc.).
IS IT BAD TO EAT SMOOTHIE BOWLS EVERYDAY?
No! You can eat a smoothie bowl every single day and still be healthy. Smoothie bowls can pack a TON of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants to your diet. Make sure you are always using whole foods in your smoothie bowls like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. to keep them healthy. If you want to eat your smoothie bowl as a meal replacement, make sure you have a fat and protein source along with your fruits and vegetables!
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL HEALTHY INGREDIENTS:
- Banana is such an accessible fruit that I always keep stocked. It is filled with nutrients to get your day started right. And, since it is so sweet it makes the best smoothie base!
- Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits-- but only when they are in season! Out of season they are flavorless. Which is why I typically buy frozen strawberries. Frozen fruits and vegetables are picked in season, at the peak of their ripeness, and immediately frozen. So, you get a lot of nutrition and flavor!
- Beet root powder is what I primarily use for color in my smoothies. But, it also packs a lot of nutrition!
HOW DO YOU THICKEN A SMOOTHIE BOWL?
Read this full post about How to Make my Thick Smoothie Bowls!
MY THICK SMOOTHIE BOWL SECRET HINTS:
- DON'T USE ANY MILK OR LIQUID. For real. Use only frozen fruits & vegetables. You can't make this thick strawberry banana smoothie bowl without frozen fruit! If your fruit is too frozen for your blender to handle, just let it sit about 5 minutes to thaw a little bit.
- And, depending on the power of you blender, you may have to TURN IT OFF AND SCRAPE IT DOWN a couple of times. THIS IS OKAY. I have been making these for a long time and even though I don't have the most powerful or fancy blender, I can still make SUPER thick and creamy smoothie bowls!!
WATCH HOW I MADE MY THICK STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
USE ONLY FROZEN FRUIT. If you want a super thick smoothie bowl, skip the fresh fruit. Use only frozen fruit in the blender!
ADD A SPLASH OF MILK IF NEEDED. If you need a little bit of liquid to get your blender going, add a splash at the beginning. Some fruits are rock hard and do need a bit of liquid to soften.
KEEP BLENDING UNTIL YOUR SMOOTHIE BOWL IS CREAMY. Either use your blender tamper to push the fruit down towards the blades, or turn off your blender to scrape the sides down towards the blades. Either way, keep blending until there are no chunks of fruit remaining.
ADD YOUR FAVORITE TOPPINGS. What is a smoothie bowl without toppings! I love adding toppings to my smoothie bowls for some crunch and texture. Plus, toppings taste super delicious paired with the cool creamy smoothie.
MAKE MY HEALTHY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Beet root powder
- Milk of choice, if needed
- Toppings of choice (I used strawberries, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes)
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- High powered blender
- Serving bowl
HOW TO MAKE MY THICK STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL:
In a blender add: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and 2 teaspoons of beet root powder.
Blend it until it is smooth and creamy.
Scoop your strawberry banana smoothie into a bowl and add your favorite toppings. On this strawberry banana smoothie bowl I added hemp seeds, coconut flakes, fresh raspberries, and fresh strawberries.
My favorite healthy smoothie bowl topping options:
- Sliced fresh fruit
- Hemp seeds
- Chia pudding
- Coconut flakes
Frequently asked questions about my strawberry banana smoothie bowl.
ARE SMOOTHIE BOWLS ACTUALLY HEALTHY?
Yes! As long as you use just frozen fruits and unsweetened milk & yogurts. Also keep in mind to add no sugar added granolas and other toppings.
IS A STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE UNHEALTHY?
No! A strawberry banana smoothie is loaded with health benefitting nutrients and fiber, all of which are great for your gut health and weight loss.
CAN YOU USE REGULAR MILK FOR A SMOOTHIE BOWL?
Yes! If you don't have any milk intolerances you can use whatever milk you like in a smoothie bowl.
DO YOU HAVE TO USE FROZEN FRUIT FOR SMOOTHIE BOWLS?
Yes! Don't make your strawberry banana smoothie bowl without frozen fruit. Unless you want a soupy texture.
DOES ICE MAKE SMOOTHIES THICKER OR THINNER?
Ice will initially make a smoothie bowl thicker. But it is hard to blend into a creamy texture and then will melt fast leaving you with a watery later. Stick with just frozen fruit.
CAN I MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL WITH GREEK YOGURT?
Yes! You can make this smoothie bowl with yogurt or greek yogurt. Either blend the yogurt into the smoothie, or add it as a topping.
HOW DO I MAKE A STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL WITH NO BANANA?
Simply replace the banana in this recipe for frozen strawberries.
OTHER HEALTHY SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl no Banana
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Red Smoothie Bowl
- Ocean Smoothie Bowl
- Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- Pink Smoothie Bowl with mango
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Just Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Blue Smoothie Bowl
If you make this strawberry banana smoothie bowl recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
The Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoon beet root powder
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp seeds
- Add the frozen strawberries, frozen banana, and beet root powder to your blender or food processor. Blend until it is smooth and creamy. You may have to turn off your blender and scrape it down a few times depending on the type of blender you have.
- Add the smoothie to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!