Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal. Apple pie overnight oats are a healthy, easy, and delicious way to start a cool fall morning! Made with gut healthy oats, greek yogurt, chia seeds, apples, and cinnamon!
My Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Gut healthy
- Good for hormones
- Refined sugar free
APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
Rolled oats aka old fashioned oats.
Plain greek yogurt. Flavored greek yogurts can add a lot of added sugars in your diet. I like to start with plain greek yogurt, which is an excellent source of protein, and add any sweeteners if I want them.
Soy milk, or you can use the type of milk that you like. I don't drink dairy milk, so I like that soy milk gives me a good amount of protein like dairy milk would.
Chia seeds are incredible nutritious! You can also substitute in flax seeds here. 🙂
Ground cinnamon to give it more of an apple pie taste. Cinnamon is actually an anti-inflammatory spice too!
Vanilla extract adds that amazing scent that you associate with baked goods. Make sure to pick out pure vanilla extract.
Maple syrup for a little bit of sweetness. If you ended up using vanilla yogurt in your apple pie oats, and don't want them to be too sweet, just skip the maple syrup.
Apples picked fresh! I love how good apples are during apple season in New York. You can use any type of apples that you like in this recipe.
IS OVERNIGHT OATMEAL GOOD FOR YOU?
Oatmeal is an extremely healthy whole grain! It is eaten all over the world. Oatmeal contains important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants!
Thanks to its impressive nutrient profile, oatmeal has been shown to help reduce cholesterol, improve blood glucose levels, and aid in weight loss.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
MAKE MULTIPLE JARS AHEAD OF TIME. Overnight oats are a great quick healthy breakfast. I make 4-5 jars at a time so I can have breakfast ready to go all week.
COOK APPLES IN THE MICROWAVE. Cooking apples in the microwave makes a great apple pie overnight oat topping and is so easy!
USE FRESH QUALITY CINNAMON. Good cinnamon adds so much flavor to apple pie oats!
MAKE IN SEASON. In season apples are the best!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
Line 4 mason jars up on your counter. If you don't have mason jars, you can use any glass container that has a lid.
In each jar add: ½ cup rolled oats, ¼ cup plain greek yogurt, ½ cup milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
Chop all 4 apples into small pieces. Leave the skin on for extra fiber and nutrients!
In a microwave safe bowl, add your chopped apple pieces and 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Toss to coat the apples in the cinnamon.
Cook the apples in your microwave for 1 minute incriminates until they are as soft as you like. Then, divide them evenly between your 4 mason jars.
Stir your overnight oat mixture well to combine. Or, cover with a lid and shake to combine!
Store your oats in the fridge overnight for a quick and easy breakfast!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT YOUR APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATS
Store your overnight oats in the fridge for up to 4 days. In the morning, they are great cold or warm!
NOTE on warming in the microwave: since the microwave takes away some of the water when heating, you may need to add more milk if you don't want it too thick!
Frequently asked questions about apple pie overnight oats.
IS IT BAD TO EAT OVERNIGHT OATS EVERY MORNING?
No! You can eat overnight oats every morning as part of a healthy diet.
ARE OVERNIGHT OATS FATTENING?
No! Overnight oats are excellent for weight loss because they are high in protein and fiber. Just check the added sugars on your milk and yogurt, you want one with 0 grams of added sugars.
WHAT IS BETTER OVERNIGHT OATS OR COOKED OATS?
Overnight oats are typically better for you because they are made with extra healthy ingredients like chia seeds, flax seeds, and greek yogurt.
More oatmeal recipes you might like!
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
- Classic Overnight Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
If you try this Apple Pie Overnight Oatmeal Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- mason jars
- 2 cups rolled oats (½ cup per jar)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (¼ cup per jar) vegan sub plant based yogurt
- 2 cups milk of choice (½ cup per jar) I use vanilla soy milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds (1 tablespoon per jar)
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon per jar)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (½ teaspoon per jar)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (1 tablespoon per jar)
for the cooked apples:
- 4 apples, chopped (1 per jar)
- Divide the ingredients between 4 jars. Each jar will have: ½ cup rolled oats, ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (save aside if you are cooking your apples), ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. You can also make this as a single serve recipe if you want just 1 serving!
For the cooked apples:
- Chop the 4 apples into bite sized pieces add them to a glass bowl. Toss with the 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, repeating until they are as soft as you like.Divide the cooked apples evenly between the 4 jars.
- Stir the ingredients in the jar, cover and refrigerate overnight.Pro tip: cover your jar with a lid and shake to combine! No stirring necessary.Heat right in the jar or in a bowl the next day. Add more milk as necessary if the heating dries the oats out too much.