Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats. Strawberries and cream oats are one of my favorite overnight oats recipes! They remind me kind of like a delicious strawberry shortcake. But, way healthier!
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
- Rolled (old fashioned) oats
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla yogurt
- Milk of choice low
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup or honey optional
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS
- Rolled oats are an excellent source of fiber! Fiber is CRUCIAL for good gut health!
- Chia seeds are another excellent source of fiber! Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower inflammation and help with cognitive function.
- Milk (depending on what kind you use) is a great source of calcium and other minerals! I like to use soy milk or other plant based milks.
- Yogurt is excellent for gut health! Depending on what kind you use, it can also be a great source of protein too! I like to use organic yogurt and sometimes a coconut yogurt.
- Strawberries are filled with antioxidants to help lower inflammation and keep sickness away!
Frequently asked questions about my strawberry overnight oats.
Is strawberries and cream oatmeal healthy?
Strawberries and cream oatmeal is healthy and satisfying! Overnight oats are filled with hearty ingredients that will keep you full like rolled oats, chia seeds, and yogurt.
Can you make overnight oats with heavy cream?
You can make your overnight oats with heavy cream. But, you might be turning a very healthy recipe into a not so healthy recipe given the high calorie and fat content of heavy cream. Stick with yogurt to get that creamy texture.
Is strawberry and cream oatmeal Keto?
No, strawberries and cream overnight oats are not keto. I don't promote the keto diet on my blog or in my practice as it cuts out many very healthy foods, including oatmeal.
How do I make vegan strawberries and cream overnight oats?
Simply make them without yogurt, or use a plant based yogurt like coconut milk yogurt.
More overnight oats recipes you might enjoy:
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS
Add all your ingredients to a mason jar:
- ½ cup rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen works)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
Seal your jar tightly!
And shake well to combine!
Make sure you there are no clumps of chia seeds before you put it in the fridge overnight.
And that's it!
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful oats that taste just like strawberry cheesecake!
You can eat strawberries and cream oats hot or cold!
Add more liquid if you heat them. Heating tends to make them a lot thicker!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Mason jar
Optional for added sweetness
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey low FODMAP & Vegan use maple syrup
- Add all to a mason jar and cover tightly. Shake or stir to combine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Eat hot or cold. If you heat it, it will get thicker so add more milk as needed!