Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats. Strawberries and cream oats are one of my favorite overnight oats recipes! These healthy strawberry overnight oats are so easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients.
Overnight oats are so great to make year round! In the summer you can make my strawberry overnight oats recipe with fresh strawberries. And in the winter, you can use frozen strawberries in these overnight oats! Either way you make them, these overnight oats are super healthy!
My strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe is excellent for weight loss and gut health! This recipe is made with whole food ingredients that will keep you full for hours and can be taken to work on the go!
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
My strawberry overnight oats recipe has just a few simple ingredients! If you are looking for a vegan strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe, simply read the recipe notes below. You can easily make this recipe vegan and dairy free friendly.
- Rolled (old fashioned) oats (NOT steel cut, quick or instant oats)
- Chia seeds
- Whole milk unsweetened yogurt
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup (optional to make your overnight oats sweeter)
- Milk of choice
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS
If you're wondering if overnight oats are healthy the answer is yes! My healthy strawberries and cream overnight oats are loaded with benefits! This is an excellent breakfast for hormone balance, gut health, and weight loss thanks to its high fiber content.
- Rolled oats are an excellent source of fiber! Fiber is CRUCIAL for good gut health!
- Chia seeds are another excellent source of fiber! Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower inflammation and help with cognitive function.
- Milk (depending on what kind you use) is a great source of calcium and other minerals! I like to use soy milk or other plant based milks.
- Yogurt is excellent for gut health! Depending on what kind you use, it can also be a great source of protein too! I like to use organic yogurt and sometimes a coconut yogurt.
- Strawberries are filled with antioxidants to help lower inflammation and keep sickness away! Strawberries also have vitamin C to help your skin build collagen and glow!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS
I love making strawberry overnight oats with chia seeds. Chia adds not only a ton of nutrition, but also helps to thicken your overnight oatmeal without cooking it!
STEP 1: ADD ALL INGREDIENTS EVENLY BETWEEN 4 MASON JARS
And yes you can make more or less depending on how many servings you want! Just keep in mind that these strawberry overnight oats with yogurt and chia seeds will last only 4-5 days in the fridge.
In each mason jar add:
- ½ cup rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen works)
STEP 2: STIR VERY WELL TO COMBINE
Using a spoon, stir your strawberry overnight oats very well to combine. You want to make sure the chia seeds get combined evenly with the milk to prevent clumping.
STEP 3: STORE OATS OVERNIGHT!
Seal your mason jars tightly and store your healthy strawberry overnight oats in the fridge till the next morning.
Not only do you have a quick and healthy breakfast recipe, but you also have soaked oats and chia seeds which your body will absorb the nutrients from better!
I hope you enjoy your delicious and flavorful oats that taste just like strawberry cheesecake! What overnight oatmeal recipe should I make next?
You can eat strawberries and cream oats hot or cold!
Add more liquid if you heat them. Heating tends to make them a lot thicker!
Frequently asked questions about my strawberry overnight oats recipe.
Are overnight oats good for weight loss?
Yes! As a registered dietitian, I frequently recommend overnight oats as part of a healthy diet. Overnight oatmeal is loaded with healthy benefits like fiber, protein, and fats that help support long term weight loss sustainably. Rosemary Squires, MA, RD
Is strawberries and cream oatmeal healthy?
Strawberries and cream oatmeal is healthy and satisfying! Overnight oats are filled with hearty ingredients that will keep you full like rolled oats, chia seeds, and yogurt.
Can you make overnight oats with heavy cream?
You can make your overnight oats with heavy cream. But, you might be turning a very healthy recipe into a not so healthy recipe given the high calorie and fat content of heavy cream. Stick with yogurt to get that creamy texture.
Is strawberry and cream oatmeal Keto?
No, strawberries and cream overnight oats are not keto. I don't promote the keto diet on my blog or in my practice as it cuts out many very healthy foods, including oatmeal.
How do I make vegan strawberries and cream overnight oats?
Simply make them without yogurt, or use a plant based yogurt like coconut milk yogurt. Use plant based milk like soy milk or unsweetened almond milk.
More healthy overnight oats recipes you might enjoy:
- Classic Overnight Oatmeal
- Raspberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
- Decadent Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
If you try my Healthy Strawberry Overnight Oatmeal Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- 4 mason jars
- 2 cups rolled (old fashioned) oats ½ cup per jar
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds 1 tablespoon per jar
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt (unsweetened) ¼ cup per jar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon per jar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey ½ tablespoon per jar
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- Add ½ cup rolled oats to each mason jar.2 cups rolled (old fashioned) oats
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds to each mason jar.4 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add ¼ cup whole milk yogurt to each mason jar.1 cup whole milk yogurt (unsweetened)
- Add ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract and ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey next.2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- Top with ½ cup strawberries and ¾ cup milk of choice.¾ cup milk of choice, ½ cup strawberries
- Shake or stir to combine. Place in the fridge overnight. Eat hot or cold. If you heat it, it will get thicker so add more milk as needed!
Strawberries and cream overnight oats were originally published on May 6th 2020 using low fat vanilla yogurt. This recipe was updated on January 11th, 2023 to use whole milk plain yogurt, vanilla extract and pure maple syrup giving an even healthier recipe! I also have added easy to follow video content for you to learn how to make this recipe.