Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats. Maple cinnamon overnight oats are another classic! You know those little packets of instant oats you used to heat up with boiling water? They made the whole kitchen smell amazing! Well these are SO much better than those! They remind me of the taste of French toast. We could change the name to maple French toast overnight oats?
My Maple Overnight Oats Recipe is:
- Great for weight loss
- High in fiber
- Excellent for gut health
- Easy to make!
MAPLE CINNAMON OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
- Rolled oats (old fashioned)
- Chia seeds or golden flax seeds
- Plain yogurt
- Milk of choice
- Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
Can you make overnight oats without yogurt? Yes! You can definitely make them without yogurt. Instead of ¼ cup of yogurt, add ⅛ cup extra milk.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MAPLE CINNAMON OVERNIGHT OATS
- Rolled oats are an excellent source of fiber! Fiber is CRUCIAL for good gut health!
- Chia seeds are another excellent source of fiber! Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower inflammation and help with cognitive function.
- Milk (depending on what kind you use) is a great source of calcium and other minerals! I like to use soy milk or other plant based milks.
- Yogurt is excellent for gut health! Depending on what kind you use, it can also be a great source of protein too! I like to use organic yogurt and sometimes a coconut yogurt.
- Cinnamon has amazing anti-inflammatory properties!
- That sweet delicious maple syrup does in fact contain some manganese! Amazing! But just make sure you are buying pure maple syrup.
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE CINNAMON OVERNIGHT OATS
Add all your ingredients to a mason jar or a container:
- ½ cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or golden flax seeds
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Shake it up to completely combine (or stir with a spoon).
Make sure you completely combine it! You don't want any big clumps of chia seeds.
Store in the fridge overnight.
Eat them hot or cold! Either way they are super delicious!
Note, if you like them hot, you may want to add more milk. Heating the oats will make them a lot thicker.
Frequently asked questions about my maple cinnamon overnight oatmeal recipe.
Is it bad to eat overnight oats every morning?
If you want a healthy breakfast that will keep you full, overnight oats are an excellent option! Overnight oats are rich in many nutrients like carbs, fat, protein, fiber, and more!
Is it OK to eat overnight oats at night?
It might sound a little weird, but overnight oats can definitely be eaten at night. This is especially true if you often wake up in the middle of the night hungry. It would be best to eat them 1-2 hours before bed so that they have started to digest before you go to sleep.
Can I eat overnight oats after 1 or 2 hours?
Yes! You can eat them right after making them. The only difference is that they won't be as creamy because the chia seeds and oats have not had time to soak as long. You can counteract this by adding a little more liquid and heating them in the microwave to encourage the oats to soak up more liquid.
How long can you store overnight oats for?
I like to make only 3 ahead of time. You can make 5 for each day of the work week, but don't forget about them! Chia seeds store really well when they are dry. But, once you mix them with any type of liquid they have a very short shelf life!
More oatmeal recipes you might like!
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
- Classic Overnight Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal
- Golden Turmeric Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal
If you try this Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Mason jar
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar or container and cover tightly. Shake or stir to completely combine. Store in the fridge over night.
- Eat hot or cold. If you heat it, it will get thicker so add more milk as needed!