Tropical Mango Overnight Oats. Tropical mango overnight oatmeal is a healthy breakfast with simple ingredients!
My Tropical Overnight Oats Recipe is:
- Gut Healthy
- High in fiber
- Quick healthy breakfast
- Great for breakfast meal prep
While you're stuck inside during COVID-19, why not dream of a tropical getaway with your breakfast! These mango overnight oats are sure to take your straight to the tropics! Made with mangoes, coconut milk & yogurt, and coconut flakes! It is a delicious and very healthy breakfast!
TROPICAL MANGO OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS
Overnight mango coconut oats only need a few ingredients
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk
- Mango (fresh or frozen works)
- Coconut yogurt
- Coconut flakes
WHICH OATS ARE BEST FOR OVERNIGHT OATS?
Old fashioned (also called rolled) oats are the best choice to make overnight oats. They will soak up the liquid overnight and leave you with a creamy texture. Quick oats will leave you with a mushy texture. Steel cut oats are very hearty and will leave you with a chewy texture.
MANGO OVERNIGHT OATS HEALTH BENEFITS
- Rolled oats are an excellent source of fiber! Fiber is CRUCIAL for good gut health!
- Coconut milk is a great source of different minerals and healthy fast burning fats known as medium chain triglycerides.
- Chia seeds are another excellent source of fiber! Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower inflammation and help with cognitive function.
- Coconut Yogurt is excellent for gut health! Make sure you look for live and active cultures on the label!
- Coconut flakes are another great source of minerals and healthy fats! Make sure you buy the unsweetened kind!
- Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, copper, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin A and more!
HOW DO YOU MAKE TROPICAL MANGO OVERNIGHT OATS
Add all your ingredients to a mason jar.
- ½ cup rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh mango can sub frozen
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut flakes
Or, you can use any type of container with a lid.
Shake up the jar, or stir to completely combine. It is important to break up any chunks of chia seeds.
Store in the fridge overnight.
You can eat them cold (they're actually delicious this way!)
Or, you can eat them warmed up. The oats may thicken when you heat them so add more milk as needed!
I like to add extra mangoes and coconut flakes when I eat mine!
Either way, they are so delicious!
Do overnight oats need to be refrigerated?
Yes! Overnight oats need to be refrigerated while they soak. They are filled with ingredients that can spoil at room temperature (like yogurt, milk, etc).
Are overnight oats healthier than cooked oats?
Either one could be considered healthier. This all depends on the ingredients you use. However, overnight oats are typically made with healthy add ins like chia seeds and yogurt, while cooked oats are traditionally just oats and milk. So, overnight oats are usually healthier than cooked oats.
Is it bad to eat overnight oats every morning?
Not at all! Overnight oats are LOADED with healthy ingredients. Overnight oats have fiber, protein, potassium, and more! In fact, they are so healthy that you can totally eat them every morning even when trying to lose weight!
More oatmeal recipes you might like!
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oatmeal
- Classic Overnight Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Golden Turmeric Oatmeal
- Strawberry Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal
If you try this Tropical Overnight Oatmeal Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- Mason jar
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar. Cover tightly. Shake or stir to completely combine.
- Store in the fridge overnight. Enjoy hot or cold. Add more mangoes!