Dairy Free Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins. My light fluffy dairy free banana and nutella muffins are so easy to make and absolutely perfect!
My Dairy Free Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Light and fluffy
- Topped with rich nutella
Is is month one thousand of the COVID-19 lock down and I think that I have baked pretty much every recipe known. Haha just kidding, but I have been baking so much! Next up was these delicious nutella swirl banana muffins.
click here for a great dairy free and vegan nutella recipe by minimalist baker
HOW DO I MAKE DAIRY FREE BANANA NUTELLA MUFFINS?
Make these substitutions for a lightened up healthier banana and nutella muffin recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour: Use whole wheat, white wheat, or 1:1 gluten free flour in its place
- ½ cup granulated sugar & brown sugar: use maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup dairy free nutella: use homemade chocolate hazelnut butter or chocolate cashew butter with less sweetener
The remaining ingredients don't need to be changed to make a healthy dairy free banana nutella muffin recipe. Baking powder & baking soda are simply leavening agents. Banana is excellent for your health and high in fiber! Egg is also great for health and a major source of choline. Avocado oil is a great source of healthy fats from avocado. And vanilla extract just simply contributes to an excellent fragrant muffin.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST EVER DAIRY FREE NUTELLA SWIRL BANANA MUFFINS
USE OVER RIPE ALMOST BLACK BANANAS. This will give you the sweetest banana flavor.
MASH BANANA COMPLETELY. For a uniform muffin texture.
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS INTO WET INGREDIENTS UNTIL JUST COMBINED. Over mixing the batter can result in dense & chewy muffins instead of light & fluffy.
GENTLY SWIRL NUTELLA INTO MUFFIN BATTER WITH A TOOTHPICK. Make sure to swirl it in very gently so your nutella stays on top!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST DAIRY FREE NUTELLA SWIRL BANANA MUFFINS
Begin by sifting the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set this bowl aside while you prepare the wet ingredients.
Make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit right now too!
In another bowl, mash the over ripe bananas.
Make sure you are using OVER ripe almost black bananas.
I know they probably look like they will be rotten inside, but they shouldn't be! Those over ripe bananas are going to make your muffins sweeter and have a stronger banana flavor!
I like to freeze my bananas when they get to that stage to use in baking later. Works just as good as the un-frozen ones!
Next, add the sugars, egg, avocado oil, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas. Make sure you combine it well.
Note: if you are using frozen bananas make sure to thaw them out before you use them. If you don't, your bananas can freeze the other ingredients you add. And you don't want frozen eggs!
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix the batter until it is just combined.
Scoop your batter between the 12 muffin tins.
I wasn't paying super close attention so you will see later that some of my muffins turned out bigger than the other ones. LOL! For uniformly baked muffins, don't do this and make sure to add the same amount to each muffin tin!
Add 1 teaspoon of nutella to the top of each muffin.
Using the sharp point of a knife, gently swirl the nutella into the batter. The nutella is pretty thick, so you have to be very gentle with it.
Bake your muffins for 25-30 minutes. You can tell when they are done if a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack.
Enjoy that fluffy chocolatey banana dairy free nutella muffin!
Frequently asked questions about my banana and nutella dairy free muffins recipe.
ARE EGGS CONSIDERED DAIRY IN BAKING?
No! Eggs are dairy free. Dairy is anything made from the milk of a cow.
CAN I MAKE DAIRY FREE BANANA NUTELLA BREAD WITH MUFFIN BATTER?
Yes! Add all the muffin batter into a greased bread loaf pan, then swirl the nutella across the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes in your preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
HOW DO I MAKE DAIRY FREE BANANA NUTELLA MUFFINS GLUTEN FREE?
Instead of 2 cups of all-purpose flour, use 2 cups of 1:1 gluten free baking flour. All other ingredients are gluten free (baking powder & soda, salt, banana, sugars, egg, oil, vanilla), including nutella which does not have any gluten derived ingredients.
HOW DO I MAKE VEGAN NUTELLA BANANA MUFFINS?
Simply replace the 1 egg with 1 flax seed egg, all other ingredients in this nutella banana muffin recipe are already vegan.
More delicious banana muffin recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Classic Banana Muffins
- Banana Almond Pulp Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Banana Zucchini Muffins
If you try this Dairy Free Banana Nutella Muffin Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Dairy Free Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
- 12 muffin tins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 over ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 lg egg vegan use 1 flax egg
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nutella dairy free homemade nutella see link in notes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this mixture aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, mash the 4 bananas. Make sure you use ones that are almost black to get that sweet banana flavored muffin! Add the sugars, egg, avocado oil, and vanilla extract to the bananas. Mix well to combine.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. You don't want to over mix the batter or you will end up with a dense and chewy muffin instead of a light and fluffy muffin.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Add 1 teaspoon of nutella to the top of each muffin. Using the sharp point of a knife, gently swirl the nutella into the muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cook ~10-15 minutes on a wire rack.
I love nutella and I love bananas so much! These look so flipping good. I will have to put it on my list of foods to try! Thanks for sharing Rosemary!
Ahhh Christie I can't wait for you to try them!! My boyfriend literally said "these are the best muffins you've ever made!"
Nutella paired with muffins.
Absolutely worth drooling. Thanks for the step by step pictures, they are helpful.
I'm glad you like the steps! Sometimes I'm writing about it and I think-- this could really use a picture to show what I'm talking about!