Dairy Free Banana Oat Muffins with Chocolate Chips. These healthy banana oat muffins are super easy to whip up as an on-the-go breakfast. They are made with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and avocado oil.
My Healthy Banana Oat Muffins with Chocolate Chips Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Good snack for weight loss
- High in fiber!
- Dairy free friendly
Did you know that a high fiber diet is SUPER important for gut health? Fiber is food for your gut bugs!
Make these dairy free banana oat muffins for a quick on-the-go breakfast!
DAIRY FREE BANANA OAT MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- Whole wheat flour
- Rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- Pure maple syrup
- Baking powder (aluminum free)
- Baking soda
- Pink sea salt
- Pure avocado oil
- Vanilla soy milk (unsweetened, organic)
- Ripe bananas
- Extra dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (>85% dark)
HEALTHY DAIRY FREE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP OAT MUFFINS NUTRITION
1 banana oat muffin has 186 calories, 32 grams carbs, 4 grams protein, 6.6 grams fat (3.3g polyunsaturated, 0.6 monounsaturated), 232 milligrams potassium, 4 grams fiber, 9 grams added sugar (from maple syrup), and 2.9 milligrams iron.
IS WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR BETTER THAN ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR IN MUFFINS? Whole wheat flour is much healthier than all-purpose flour. Whole wheat flour is higher in fat, potassium, fiber, protein, iron, vitamin B6, and magnesium. It is also lower in carbs than all-purpose flour.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EVER DAIRY FREE BANANA OAT MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
USE ULTRA RIPE BANANAS. Ultra ripe bananas give you a sweet muffin without having to add too much sweetener.
DO NOT OVER MIX YOUR BATTER. Mix only until you don't see any dry flour left. If you overmix muffins, you won't get a soft and fluffy banana muffin.
BAKE ONLY TILL A TOOTHPICK COMES OUT CLEAN. Don't over bake your muffins either! Over baking will dry out muffins.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE BANANA OAT MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
To make them, first mix together the dry ingredients.
- Whole wheat flour
- Rolled oats
- Baking powder & baking soda
In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Avocado oil
- Maple Syrup
This recipe is best with super ripe bananas!
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. At this point, you can also fold in the chocolate chips.
Don't over mix your muffins! Over mixing will result in hard and chewy muffins.
Spoon your batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake them for 16-18 minutes.
3 ways you can tell your muffins are done:
- They are golden brown on top
- A toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- They spring back to form when pressed
These are best during the first 3-4 days. If you don't think you can eat this many, or have a smaller family, you can easily make a half batch!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA OAT MUFFINS:
To make your banana oatmeal muffins vegan, simply use these substitutions:
- 2 eggs--> use 2 flax eggs
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips--> use vegan chocolate chips
All other ingredients are already vegan.
More muffin recipes you might like:
- Almond pulp banana muffins
- Nutella swirl banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate chip banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Whole wheat flour banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Strawberry banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana zucchini muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Mini blueberry muffins
If you try this Dairy Free Banana Oat Muffin Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Dairy Free Banana Oat Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 12 muffin tins
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt
- 2 eggs vegan sub 2 flax eggs
- ¼ cup pure avocado oil
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk (unsweetened, organic) sub any kind of milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips dairy free use vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs, avocado oil, milk, and maple syrup.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the optional chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and store loosely covered for up to 3 days at room temperature.