Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Avocado Oil. Moist and fluffy easy banana chocolate chip muffins made with avocado oil and dairy free ingredients.
My Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe with Avocado Oil is:
- Dairy Free
- Light & fluffy
- Easy to make
- Heart healthy avocado oil
I always bake fresh bread or muffins on a Sunday afternoon. They are the perfect thing to throw into a lunch, or have for a snack on hand. This week I added chocolate chips to give my banana muffins a new twist.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- over-ripe bananas, mashed
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- egg (vegan use flax egg)
- avocado oil
- vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips
HOW DO I MAKE HEALTHY MUFFINS?
To make your chocolate chip banana muffins healthy, use these substitutions:
- All-purpose flour: use 1:1 gluten free flour, white wheat flour, sorghum flour, or whole wheat flour.
- Sugars: use another ripe banana, pureed dates, applesauce, maple syrup, or honey.
- Chocolate chips: use extra dark chocolate chips (85% or higher dark cacao solids).
There is no need to change baking powder, baking soda, salt, banana, egg, avocado oil, or vanilla extract for healthier muffins.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST EVER DAIRY FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS
PREHEAT OVEN PROPERLY. Make sure your oven is nice and hot before baking to get a perfect rise!
USE EXTRA RIPE BANANAS. This will give you the sweetest flavor.
DO NOT OVERMIX BATTER. Overmixing will result in dense chewy muffins instead of light and fluffy.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers. You can also grease and flour the tins if you don't have muffin papers on hand.
In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this bowl aside.
In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. I usually use frozen bananas that I have leftover for my breads. Just make sure to completely thaw the frozen bananas if that is what you are using! Add the sugars, egg, oil, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and mix them.
Fold the flour mixture along with the chocolate chips to the banana mixture.
Do not over mix your batter. Mix your batter until it is just combined for light and fluffy muffins!
Divide your muffin batter evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake fore 25 minutes in the preheated oven. You will know they are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did here!
Frequently asked questions about my muffins recipe.
HOW DO I MAKE VEGAN BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
To make your recipe vegan, simply use these substitutes:
- 1 lg. egg--> use 1 flax egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips--> use vegan chocolate chips
All other ingredients are already vegan.
HOW DO I MAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MINI MUFFINS?
To make mini muffins with the same batter, simply use mini chocolate chips. Then, scoop batter into mini muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes, rotating at 10 minutes to ensure even baking.
HOW DO I MAKE GREEK YOGURT BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
Replace avocado oil with full fat Greek yogurt for a more dense and moist texture muffin.
More muffin recipes you might like:
- Almond pulp banana muffins
- Nutella swirl banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Whole wheat flour banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Strawberry banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Chocolate banana zucchini muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Oat banana muffins (Dairy free & vegan options!)
- Mini blueberry muffins
If you try this Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Dairy Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 12 muffin tins
- 12 muffin papers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bow, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar, egg, avocado oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to fully combine.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pans once half way to ensure even baking. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!