Blueberry chia pudding. My blueberry chia seed pudding recipe is so easy to make and super healthy for you! You can make this delicious chia pudding recipe the day of or soak it overnight!
Ever since Kim K posted her chia seed pudding recipe, everyone went wild for chia pudding! But the truth is, chia seed pudding has been around for a long time! Whether you love the Kim Kardashian chia seed pudding recipe or make it a different way, its so easy and so healthy!
I recently updated this blueberry chia seed pudding recipe post so if you see two different pictures below, it is because this recipe can be served two ways! You can either make my purple chia pudding topped with blueberries right in a bowl, or layer it as a parfait.
BLUEBERRY CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
- chia seeds
- soy milk
- blue spirulina powder
- pink pitaya powder
- cashew butter
CAN YOU EAT CHIA PUDDING FOR BREAKFAST?
Yes! Chia seed pudding makes an excellent healthy breakfast. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein and many minerals to kickstart your metabolism for the day. Top your chia seed pudding with some fresh fruit and nut butter and you have a perfectly balanced meal. ~Registered Dietitian Rosemary Squires
WHY IS CHIA PUDDING SO HEALTHY?
Chia pudding is so healthy because:
- Loaded with fiber! Fiber not only helps keep you full for longer but it supports gut health, hormone balance and overall weight maintenance.
- Contains many healthy fats. Chia seeds are a great source of health fats that support skin and brain health!
- Supports metabolism. The tiny seeds contain so many nutrients like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Powerful antioxidants! Chia seeds contain natural antioxidants that help fight inflammation all over your body.
Blueberry Chia Pudding Calories 218 kcal
HOW TO MAKE MY EASY BLUEBERRY CHIA PUDDING
STEP 1: MIX MILK AND CHIA SEEDS
In a bowl, mix together the chia seeds, milk, pink pitaya powder and blue spirulina powder. Make sure to whisk the pudding very well so there are no clumps of chia seeds.
Other options that will make chia pudding purple:
- use mashed blueberries
- mix chia with blueberry yogurt
STEP 2: SOAK CHIA SEEDS
Chia seed pudding can be eaten the day of, or soaked overnight. I love making it for meal prep so I have it ready to go all week!
How long do you have to soak chia pudding? For at least 15 minutes, but overnight is always best! Your body absorbs the nutrients best from soaked chia seeds rather than dry.
STEP 3: ADD YOUR FAVORITE CHIA PUDDING TOPPINGS
I love adding fresh fruit and nut butter on top of my chia pudding!
Hope you enjoy!
SERVING IDEA: MAKE A CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT JAR LIKE THIS ONE!
If you're making a blueberry parfait and not just chia pudding layer it in a jar with scoops of the chia pudding, yogurt, blueberries, and muesli!
Frequently asked questions about my blueberry chia seed pudding.
Can I make just the blueberry chia pudding without the powders?
Yes! You can mash blueberries in with the chia seeds for just blueberry chia pudding. Or, puree blueberries in a small blender then mix them in with the milk and chia seeds for a smooth purple color!
Can I make blueberry chia pudding with coconut milk?
Yes! Simply use coconut milk in place of soy milk in my recipe. Add in some coconut flakes too for a delicious tropical coconut flavor!
How do I make overnight blueberry chia pudding?
Whisk your chia pudding together and then store in the fridge in an airtight container to gel overnight. This is how I usually make it because the chia absorb the maximum amount of liquid and have the best texture when left to soak overnight!
How do I make frozen blueberry chia pudding?
If you are using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them first before mixing into your chia seeds. If they are frozen they can freeze your milk and make your pudding very clumpy.
Is it OK to put chia seeds in yogurt?
Yes! You can mix chia seeds right into yogurt. For a delicious texture and to properly soak your seeds I would stir a bit of milk in with the yogurt.
Other Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
- Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Blue Spirulina Chia Pudding
- Rainbow Chia Pudding
- Pink Pitaya Chia Pudding
- No Cook Chia Jam (Blueberry, Blackberry, & Raspberry!)
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
If you try this Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Blueberry Chia Pudding (Healthy & Easy!)
- Whisk or fork
For the blueberry chia seed pudding:
Chia pudding topping ideas:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- muesli or granola
For the chia seed pudding:
- Combine the milk with the chia seeds. Make sure you stir every few minutes until it is evenly gelled. I like to add half of the milk and wait about 10 minutes. Then, I will add the other half of the milk and stir it again.
- Stir in blue spirulina and pink pitaya powder to get the shade of purple that you like.You can also make this 1-2 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge.