Dark Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal. My chocolate zucchini oatmeal recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients that are excellent for weight loss and gut health.
My Zucchini Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Excellent healthy breakfast recipe
- Great for weight loss
- High in fiber
- Excellent for gut health
This dark chocolate zucchini oatmeal is super creamy and delicious. They’re made healthier with so many ingredients! Especially the chocolate!
WHAT IS ZUCCHINI OATMEAL (ZOATS)?
Zoats are zucchini oats. Zucchini, shredded and then cooked into oatmeal. You may be wondering if zoats taste like zucchini and the answer is no! Zucchini is a super mild vegetable that can soak up the flavor of what you cook it in. So, these chocolate zoats taste like chocolate!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI OATS
- Rolled oats are an excellent source of fiber. I could go on all day about how good fiber is for you!
- Zucchini adds more fiber to the bowl of oats. And we all know any extra vegetables are going to be good for us!
- Oat milk is great for your bone health. You can use any type of milk that you like in my chocolate zoats.
- Hemp seeds are an excellent source of brain healthy fatty acids. Healthy fats also help fight inflammation in your body to keep your immune system functioning correctly!
- Chocolate collagen with reishi. Not only is this gut and joint healing collagen so good for you. It also has reishi mushroom, which is powerful in the fight against cancer causing pathogens.
- Cacao nibs & cacao powder are filled with antioxidants. They also contain a shocking amount of nutrients like: iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, and even copper!
- Sesame butter is made from ground sesame seeds. It is a great source of healthy fats and protein!
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST DARK CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI OATMEAL EVER
USE ROLLED OATMEAL. Rolled oats are great for stovetop cooked oatmeal and they cook much faster than steel cut. You can use steel cut in this recipe you would just have to cook it for longer.
SHRED ZUCCHINI WITH CHEESE GRATER. Use the larger hole cheese grater for zucchini bits that are similar size to the oats.
USE MILK OF CHOICE. You can use any milk that you like in zucchini oatmeal.
ADD CHOCOLATE COLLAGEN FOR HIGH PROTEIN CHOCOLATE OATS. Chocolate collagen adds more chocolate flavor and a good deal of protein!
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI OATMEAL
Add the oats, zucchini, milk, hemp seeds, cacao powder, and collagen to a small sauce pan. You can use any type of milk that you like in this recipe.
If you don’t have chocolate collagen, you can easily substitute your favorite chocolate protein powder or even plain dark chocolate coco powder!
Cook them with a wooden spoon over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
WHAT TO TOP CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI OATS WITH
Pour the warm oats to a bowl and add your favorite toppings! I like to use peanut or sesame butter, raspberry jam, cacao nibs, and nutella on mine!
HOW TO MAKE REGULAR ZUCCHINI OATS:
In a saucepan, add ½ cup steel cut oats, 1 cup shredded zucchini, 1 ½ cup milk of choice. Cook until thickened to the consistency you want. Top with sliced banana, kiwi, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes! A perfect way to use up summer zucchini!
I made mine with steel cut oats, but for old fashioned simply substitute the ½ cup steel cut oats for ¾ cup of old fashioned!
Frequently asked questions about healthy chocolate zucchini oats.
ARE ZOATS VEGAN?
My zucchini oats can be easily made vegan by substituting the collagen powder for your favorite protein powder.
HOW DO I MAKE SAVORY ZUCCHINI OATMEAL?
These zoats are savory without the toppings since there is no added sugar! The toppings are what make the chocolate zoats sweeter.
CAN I MAKE ZUCCHINI OVERNIGHT OATS INSTEAD?
Yes! Add all ingredients to a jar and soak them overnight in the fridge. Then, you can quickly microwave them in the morning.
CAN I MAKE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI OATS IN THE MICROWAVE?
Yes! Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until you get the texture that you like. The longer you cook oats, the thicker they will be.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes:
- Golden Turmeric Oatmeal
- Strawberry Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam
- Blueberry Oatmeal with Blueberry Chia Jam
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oatmeal
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oatmeal
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
- sauce pan
For the Chocolate Zoats:
- 1 cup rolled oats low FODMAP use Gluten Free
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup oat milk (unsweetened) low FODMAP use almond milk
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen with reishi sub chocolate protein powder
- Raspberry chia jam raspberries mashed with chia seeds & a dash of maple syrup
- Cacao nibs
- Peanut butter
- Add the oats, zucchini, milk, hemp seeds, cacao powder, and collagen to a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings!
Leave me a comment!