Strawberry Oatmeal. Strawberry oatmeal is a super healthy breakfast loaded with healthy ingredients like strawberries, beet root powder, chia seed jam, and more! Plus, the pink color is just so pretty to look at!
My strawberry oatmeal is made with no sugar, and is gluten free, low FODMAP, dairy free, and vegan friendly.
IS STRAWBERRY OATMEAL GOOD FOR YOU?
YES! Strawberry oatmeal is an excellent healthy breakfast option. My strawberry oatmeal recipe is high in fiber, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and protein! One bowl of strawberry oats has 347 calories, 10 grams protein, 52 grams carbs, 12 grams fiber, and 10 grams of fat. That is almost half the fiber you need in an entire day! Plus, ⅓ your calcium for the day, and meets your vitamin C needs!
TIPS ON MAKING THE BEST STRAWBERRY OATMEAL
Use fruit inside the oatmeal and on top. Fruit inside oatmeal really adds a LOT of flavor. As the fruits cook, they release the juice into the oats.
Cook over medium heat. If you use low heat, it might take too long, and high heat could burn your oats.
Stir your oatmeal constantly as it cooks. That way, you will prevent oats from being stuck to the bottom of the pan and burning.
Use more liquid if needed. There is nothing worst than super thick gummy oats. Definitely add more liquid as you cook your oats if you don't like the consistency.
Don't skimp on the toppings! Add as many toppings as you want! Some of my most favorite healthy toppings are on this oatmeal bowl like cashew butter and hemp seeds.
VEGAN STRAWBERRY OATMEAL INGREDIENTS
For the strawberry oatmeal base:
- Rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Beet root powder (optional for more color)
- Fresh strawberries
- Berry chia jam
- Cashew butter
- Hemp seeds
- Red currants
Your strawberry oatmeal grocery shopping list:
- Rolled (old fashioned) oatmeal
- Almond milk
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Cashew butter
- Produce: strawberries, raspberries, red currants.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN STRAWBERRY OATMEAL
Strawberry oats are really simple to make. In a medium sized saucepan, add 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, 2 teaspoons beet root powder, and ½ cup chopped strawberries.
Turn the heat on medium.
Use a wooden spoon to stir your oats as they cook. Once your oats are the thickness you want, turn off the heat.
Divide your oatmeal between two bowls.
HOW TO MAKE EASY STRAWBERRY CHIA JAM
If you want to top your oats with chia jam, it is really easy to make! You can even make it ahead to have it ready to go.
In a small bowl, add ½ cup raspberries and ½ cup strawberries. Use a fork to mash the berries.
Next, add 2 teaspoons chia seeds. Stir to combine.
Let the chia seeds soak up the liquid for a few minutes.
Scoop the berry chia jam on top of your oats.
STRAWBERRY OATMEAL TOPPINGS
My strawberry oatmeal bowl is topped with: more strawberries, raspberries, cashew butter, hemp seeds, and red currants.
I love fresh berries on oats the combination is so good!!
Hope you enjoy!
I keep reading about smoothies made with oatmeal to keep you full longer and I kind of want to make one! What do you guys think, should I make a strawberry oatmeal smoothie next??
Frequently asked questions about strawberry oatmeal.
Can you put strawberries in oatmeal?
Yes! You can cook strawberries directly in oatmeal. And actually, the berries will make the flavor of your oatmeal amazing!
What can I add to oatmeal for flavor?
Other than fruit, you can add super food powders and vanilla extract! Super food powders like beet root powder (which actually tastes sweet) and pink pitaya power will make your oatmeal taste amazing.
Can you cook oatmeal with almond milk?
Yes you can use almond milk with oatmeal! Oatmeal is actually really good with almond milk.
How to make creamy oatmeal with almond milk?
To make your oatmeal creamy with almond milk, make sure you use enough milk! My recipe calls for 1 cup of water because I like mine less creamy. You can easily use 2 cups of almond milk instead for really creamy almond milk oats.
Are frozen strawberries good in oatmeal?
Yes! And actually, frozen fruits in oatmeal will let out more fruit juice and flavor your oats even more!
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes:
- Golden Turmeric Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal with Blueberry Chia Jam
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oatmeal
- Tropical Mango Overnight Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oatmeal
- Vanilla Cold Brew Overnight Oats
- Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary on Instagram and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Strawberry Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam
For the Strawberry Oatmeal:
For the Strawberry Chia Jam:
- ½ cup raspberries mashed
- ½ cup strawberries mashed
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
Other Oatmeal Toppings:
- 1 tablespoon Cashew butter LOW FODMAP use peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Raspberries
- ½ cup Red currants low FODMAP omit
- 1 tablespoon Hemp seeds
How to make the Strawberry Oatmeal:
- In a medium sized saucepan add 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, ½ cup chopped strawberries, and 2 teaspoons beet root powder.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and divide between 2 bowls.
How to make the Strawberry Chia Jam:
- In a bowl, mash ½ cup strawberries and ½ cup raspberries.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and stir well to combine. Let sit for a few minutes so the chia seeds can soak up the water.
- Add the strawberry chia jam on top of the strawberry oatmeal.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons cashew butter, ½ cup strawberries, ½ cup raspberries, ½ cup red currants, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, divided on top of the 2 bowls.
- Enjoy warm!