Okay, I know I said carrot cake was my favorite, but this may be a tie. I think it has to do with the pretty purple color. These Red velvet cake bites are probably the best bite I’ve ever made!
When I made my first red velvet cake I was shocked to see that it was made with very little coco powder and a lot of red food dye! I don’t know about you but I do not find eating red food dye enjoyable. So, I created a recipe that uses beet root powder instead of red food dye and the results were just as good if not better!
RED VELVET CAKE BITES INGREDIENTS
- cashew butter
- almond butter
- almond flour
- cacao powder
- beet root powder
- pure vanilla extract
- mini dark chocolate chips
ARE RED VELVET CAKE BITES HEALTHY?
Yes! My red velvet bliss balls are made with all healthy for you ingredients.
What makes red velvet cake balls healthy?
- The almond flour is high in protein and fiber! Good for your friendly gut bacteria.
- Cacao powder is rich in micronutrients like iron!
- Beet root powder is a much healthier alternative to red food dye. And what is even better is that it has antioxidant qualities, shown by that brilliant red color!
HOW TO MAKE RED VELVET BLISS BALLS !
Step 1: Food process your dough
To a food processor, or blender add all of your ingredients except the chocolate chips. I would definitely recommend using a food processor. But, if you don’t have one, a large blender will work. I have even used a hand held blender to make these before! The only thing is that you will have to turn it off multiple times to give the dough a stir.
Turn the food processor or blender off. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 2: Make your red velvet cake bites!
Next, take a scoop of your dough out with a spoon. I like using a soup spoon because it scoops the perfect amount.
Roll your dough into a ball and that’s it! So much easier than baking an entire cake!
You can cover them in a sealed glass container and store them in the fridge or room temperature for up to a week.
More delicious bliss ball recipes you might like:
- Matcha Energy Balls
- Birthday Cake Protein Balls
- Key Lime Pie Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Cheesecake Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bliss Balls
- Peanut Butter Balls (Dark Chocolate Dipped!)
- Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- Almond Pulp Reese's Balls
If you try this Healthy Red Velvet Cake Bliss Balls Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Red Velvet Cake Bites
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Process until a dough forms, you may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times to ensure it combines evenly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week.