Chocolate Cold Foam Recipe! Smooth, bold and... chocolatey! What is better than cold brew coffee in the morning time? Cold brew coffee with chocolate cold foam! This irresistible chocolate cold foam recipe will leave you wanting one every morning.
If you are a chocolate lover, this chocolate cold foam at home is for you! I am a huge fan of making copycat dunkin coffee drinks at home and when I saw the new chocolate cold foam on the highway billboard I knew that I had to make it!
Unlike coffees that you will get at big chain restaurants, my homemade coffee is made with whole food ingredients and no preservatives! So easy to make and definitely healthier for you!
WHAT IS CHOCOLATE COLD FOAM MADE OF?
Both Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks have a new cold foam this year, the chocolate cold foam! I've tried both and they are both so delicious that I just had to try to make it at home! I made my chocolate cold foam recipe with easy to find ingredients.
- Cold coffee (either cold brew, or brewed and cooled in the fridge)
- Heavy cream
- Milk of choice
- Cacao or cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice
I have also made my recipe even easier by simply whipping vanilla creamer with a bit of cacao powder and it was so delicious!
WHAT IS IN COLD FOAM?
Cold foam from Dunkin and Starbucks is made of frothed milk that is flavored with sweetener and extract. Cold foam is very similar to steamed milk in lattes, but is frothed without heat so you can add it on top of cold iced coffee and not have melted ice cubes. Plus it looks so pretty!
ASK THE DIETITIAN,
IS COFFEE GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes coffee can definitely be part of a healthy diet! As a dietitian, I believe if there is a food or drink that you love, it can always fit into a healthy diet! Coffee can be very healthy but can also be very unhealthy.
Coffee by itself is one of America's leading sources of antioxidants. Can you believe that? But it is! Coffee beans grow on trees just like any other bean and when you choose organic coffee and brew it black at home, it is good for you.. granted you stick to 1-2 cups a day.
When coffee becomes unhealthy is when we add too much sweeteners to it. So be very mindful of how much sugar is added to your coffee, especially when ordering popular drinks off the drive thru menu, which can have upwards of 50 grams of sugar per drink!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COLD FOAM AT HOME!
Chocolate cold foam recipe for 1:
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- ½ tablespoon cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener of choice
OR if you want a chocolate cold foam EVEN easier, try this:
- 4 tablespoons vanilla creamer (I did this with chobani vanilla coffee creamer)
- ½ tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
STEP 1: MAKE THE CHOCOLATE COLD FOAM
In a glass or jar add all the ingredients for your chocolate cold foam, you can use the heavy cream milk mixture above or the vanilla creamer mixture. Both are equally delicious!
Use a hand held milk frother to beat the ingredients together until it is thick and frothy. If you do not have a milk frother, you can easily mix your chocolate cold foam ingredients in a small bowl with hand held beaters.
STEP 2: POUR AND ENJOY!
Fill a 16 ounce glass half way with ice cubes, or as much ice as you prefer.
Add 1-2 cups of cold coffee. You can add any sweetener to your coffee, but I prefer black coffee with my cold foam since the cold foam sweetens the coffee nicely.
Pour the chocolate cold foam slowly over top of the iced coffee.
That's it, enjoy! What Dunkin or Starbucks coffee copycat drink recipe should I try next?!
Love making coffee at home? Give these easy and healthier coffee recipes a try!
- Chocolate Latte
- Dunkin Brown Sugar Cookie Cold Foam
- Dunkin Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Iced Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso
- Dirty Iced Matcha Latte
- Dirty Iced Turmeric Latte
- Pink Velvet Macchiato
- Oleato Olive Oil Shaken Espresso
- Banana Iced Coffee
Frequently asked questions about my easy chocolate cold foam recipe at home!
What can I use if I don't have a hand held frother?
You can add your chocolate cold foam ingredients to a small bowl and beat with hand held beaters till frothy!
What is Starbucks chocolate cold foam made of?
Starbucks chocolate cold foam is a delicious combination of cream, milk, cocoa powder, and malt powder that is mixed together until frothy and then poured on top of iced cold brew coffee.
Is Starbucks chocolate cream cold foam dairy-free?
The Chocolate Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks, unfortunately is made with milk and heavy cream so it is not dairy free.
Here's how you can make a vegan dairy free chocolate cold foam: replace the heavy cream with the hard portion of a can of full fat coconut milk. Use plant based milk and beat just the same! It has a slightly coconut flavor but it is a totally vegan dairy free cold foam option!
What is Dunkin chocolate cold foam made of?
According to Dunkin allergy ingredient guide, the caramel chocolate cold brew is made of:
Skim Milk, Cane Sugar, Cream, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Salt; Caramel Chocolate Flavored Syrup: Brown Sugar, Water, Invert Sugar, Molasses, Contains 2% or less of: Natural Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative); Topping: Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cocoa processed with alkali, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Salt.
If you try my Chocolate Cold Foam Coffee Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Chocolate Cold Foam Cold Brew Coffee!
For the Iced Coffee:
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-2 cups cold brewed coffee or coffee cooled in the fridge
- In a glass or jar add all the ingredients for your chocolate cold foam. See notes for an even easier chocolate cold foam recipe substitution!2 tablespoon heavy cream, 2 tablespoon milk of choice, ½ tablespoon cacao powder, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1-2 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- Use a hand held milk frother to beat the ingredients together until it is thick and frothy. If you do not have a milk frother, you can easily mix your chocolate cold foam ingredients in a small bowl with hand held beaters.
- Fill a 16 ounce glass half way with ice cubes, or as much ice as you prefer.1 cup ice cubes
- Add 1-2 cups of cold coffee. You can add any sweetener to your coffee, but I prefer black coffee with my cold foam since the cold foam sweetens the coffee nicely.1-2 cups cold brewed coffee
- Pour the chocolate cold foam slowly over top of the iced coffee.