Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles. Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles are delicious and made with whole food like yogurt and fresh juicy fruit. This healthy mango popsicle recipe is made with no sugar and naturally sweetened with manuka honey. A homemade strawberry mango popsicle that tastes better than store bought!
Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles are:
- No added sugar
- Gluten free
- Dairy free & vegan option
- Easy to make
- Excellent for toddlers & kids!
It has been scorching hot in upstate NY these last few weeks.. like 95 and no rain, so when you look around all the lawns are brown LOL. I have been staying cool by keeping off the oven, and making more and more healthy popsicle recipes. My newest obsession are these healthy strawberry mango popsicles. These strawberry mango popsicles only take 5 ingredients and they are so easy to make!
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MANGO POPSICLE INGREDIENTS
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is necessary to not only help build collagen, but it also is necessary for proper iron absorption!
- Mangoes are also high in vitamin C too. But their beautiful yellow/orange color is thanks to the beta carotene content. Beta carotene not only gets converted to vitamin A in the body, it also acts as a very powerful antioxidant to help reduce damage and inflammation.
- Bananas are know for their potassium. But what they are also a really good source of is fiber. Fiber is necessary to feed the good gut bugs. Good gut health helps improve mental health!
- Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics and protein. It is important to have a diverse population of good gut bugs (probiotics) to help to digest and absorb food!
- Manuka honey is the queen of all honey! Manuka honey has the most healing power of all the honey in the world!
WATCH HOW I MADE MY HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MANGO POPSICLES
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST STRAWBERRY MANGO POPSICLES
Use ripe bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter flavor they have. Super ripe bananas are the base of most of my smoothies. And now that I discovered what an amazing popsicle texture they make, they are becoming the base in my popsicles too!
And while I'm at it.. use ripe strawberries and mangoes. Just use ripe fruit in general making any recipe. Seriously. Unripe fruit tastes so watery and gross. Fruit is the best when it is perfectly ripe. One great way to make sure it is ripe is to buy it in season. It's hard to get good tasting produce out of season.
Let your popsicles freezer overnight. I know it's hard to resist, but I have tried to take them out too soon and believe me, they will be ruined. So I tried to take them out too soon and the popsicle stick pulled right out of the popsicle! I was lucky to be able to get the popsicle stick back in them that time so they could continue to freeze.
Pour fast for more of a "swirled" effect, pour slowly for more distinct layers. When you pour the layers in, if you pour the puree in really fast, it will mix with the other layer. So it depends on what kind of look you are going for. I poured pretty fast with some of them and I liked the tie dye effect it had.
Vegan substitutes: If you are vegan, don't worry you can still make this recipe! Just substitute plant based yogurt instead of the yogurt. And substitute maple syrup instead of honey.
EQUIPEMENT NEEDED TO MAKE HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MANGO POPSICLES
- Food processor or blender
- Popsicle molds
- Popsicle sticks
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MANGO YOGURT POPSICLES
You will be making 2 separate layers, 1 layer is a strawberry layer and the other is a mango layer. I poured them to be 3 layers, but you can mix them as many times as you want! Just make sure to save some of the puree in a separate dish when you make the second layer so that there is some leftover to pour on top.
STEP 1: MAKE THE MANGO LAYER
In your food processor or blender, add the 4 cups fresh mango, 1 banana, ¼ cup of yogurt, and ¼ cup of honey.
Food process until the mixture is completely pureed. Then, pour it into your molds so they are each half way full.
Or, if you are going for more layers (like I was talking about above), only fill your molds ¼ way full and save the other half of the mango puree to pour on top of the strawberry layer.
STEP 2: MAKE THE STRAWBERRY LAYER
Add the 2 cups of fresh strawberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup yogurt, and ¼ cup honey. Pour this mixture on top of the mango puree.
Finally, cover your popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze them overnight to harden up completely before removing them from the molds.
Other delicious (and healthy!) popsicle recipes:
- Healthy Watermelon Fruit Popsicles
- Healthy Rainbow Fruit Popsicles
- Mango Yogurt Popsicles
- Healthy Strawberry Popsicles
- Red white and Blue Pops
- Champagne Popsicles
- Healthy Magnum Bars
Frequently asked questions about my healthy strawberry mango popsicles.
How do I store these popsicle?
Either use popsicle bags (found online).
Or, a cheap and eco friendly way to store popsicles:
- Line a container with parchment or wax paper
- Place your popsicles on top
- Cover with the lid, and place back in the freezer.
- The containers can be reused, and the parchment paper prevents the popsicles from sticking!
Are strawberry mango popsicles okay for toddlers?
My healthy popsicles are excellent for toddlers! They are made with all healthy ingredients that are great for growing kids. If you are giving them to a baby under 12 months old, leave the honey out.
Are sugar free popsicles good for you?
You may think looking at sugar free popsicles nutrient label and see the lower calories that they are better for you. But in fact, sugar free popsicles may be worse for you. The research has shown that eating artificial sugar replacements actually leads you to crave more sugar later on. As I always say, if you're going to have a treat, either find a yummy whole foods alternative (like my strawberry mango popsicles made with whole fruits), or eat the real thing and not man-made.
What can I use instead of yogurt to make creamy popsicles?
If you want that creamy texture but don't have (or don't like!) yogurt, full fat coconut milk is an excellent replacement.
If you try my Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicle Recipe, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles
- Food processor
- popsicle sticks
For the mango layer:
- 4 cups mangoes
- 1 extra ripe banana
- ¼ cup yogurt vegan sub plant based yogurt
- ¼ cup honey vegan sub maple syrup
For the strawberry layer:
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 extra ripe banana
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
For the mango layer:
- In a food processor add: 4 cups fresh ripe mango, 1 ripe banana, ¼ cup yogurt, and ¼ cup of honey.Food process until it is pureed.
- Use a funnel to fill the popsicle molds half way with the mango puree.Or, if you want more than 2 layers, fill them ¼ way and save the other half of the mango puree to top the popsicles with.
For the strawberry layer:
- Rinse your food processor out and then add: 2 cups fresh ripe strawberries, 1 ripe banana, ¼ cup yogurt, and ¼ cup honey. Food process until the strawberry mixture is pureed completely.Pour on top of the mango layer.
- Cover the molds and add popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours, but they will turn out better if you let them freeze overnight.