Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Truffles. My Pumpkin spice latte truffles are made without cream cheese or any refined sugar so they are an excellent Halloween weight loss dessert!
My Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Truffle Recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
These pumpkin spice latte truffles are super easy to make! The perfect fall treat when you aren’t quite ready to turn on the oven yet. What makes these even better, is that they are actually good for you!
WHAT MAKES PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE TRUFFLES HEALTHY
- Pumpkins are not only just a fun fall decoration! They are actually extremely nutritious! Pumpkins are not only rich in the powerful antioxidant beta carotene, but also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, potassium, copper, manganese, vitamin B 2, vitamin E, and iron!
- Almond butter is a good source of healthy fats and protein! You can alternatively substitute peanut butter in this recipe, which is similar in nutrient composition to almond butter.
- Almond flour is made from ground up almonds. It is a great alternative to conventional all-purpose flour. It has all the benefits that almonds would have! And since it is made from almonds rather than processed white flour, it does not spike your blood sugars.
- Coconut flour comes from the flesh of the coconut fruit that has been dried and ground. Similarly to almond flour, it is a great alternative to all-purpose flour.
- Maple syrup is a sweetener, and while it still has the sugar, it contains some nutrients! It has some calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, and manganese. ⅓ cup actually contains >100% of the recommended daily intake of manganese! I’d say it is still a better alternative to processed white sugar!
MORE HEALTHY FALL DESSERT RECIPES:
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE TRUFFLES
In a food processor or high powered blender, add all of the ingredients: ⅓ cup of pumpkin puree, ⅓ cup of almond butter, 3 tablespoons of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Pulse the food processor until the batter is evenly combined. You can also do this in a blender. I actually make most of my treats and all of my smoothies in a blender! Find the one I use on the kitchen gadgets page of my Amazon shop account!
Roll your batter into 12 bite sized balls. Place them on a plate and cover with parchment paper or a beeswax wrap. Put them in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
When you are ready to eat them, pull them out and let them thaw at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. This will give you a nice truffle like texture!
HOW TO STORE NO BAKE PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
These can be stored either in the fridge or the freezer. I like to store them in the freezer, because they last longer and they hold their shape a lot better. But, if you plan to eat them quickly and don’t want to wait for them to thaw out, the fridge would be a better option.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to a month!
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to tag your photo #thehintofrosemary and leave me a rating in the recipe card!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Truffles
- Food processor
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until the dough is totally combined.
- Roll them into 12 bite sized balls.
- Cover, and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Thaw for at least 15 minutes to get the nice fudgy texture.
*you can use any nut butter you have, I actually used an oatmeal raisin nut butter in this one! Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.