Indulge in the deliciousness of a guilt-free dessert with our Healthy Matcha Cheesecake recipe. Made with all-natural, wholesome ingredients, this no-bake matcha cheesecake is perfect for those seeking a gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan treat.
With a light and fluffy matcha filling and a decadent chocolate crust, this dessert is sure to impress. Say goodbye to winter blues and welcome the vibrant flavors of spring with these mini vegan matcha cheesecakes.
The Ingredients for Healthy Matcha Cheesecake
Let's start by exploring the nutritious ingredients that make our matcha cheesecake a healthy and delectable dessert choice:
- Almond flour: Packed with vitamins and minerals, almond flour serves as the base for our chocolate crust.
- Cacao powder: Rich in nutrients like iron and magnesium, cacao powder adds a delicious chocolatey taste to the crust.
- Date nectar & dates: High in potassium, magnesium, and copper, these natural sweeteners provide a healthier alternative to refined sugars.
- Cashews: Loaded with fiber and essential nutrients, raw cashews create a creamy texture for the matcha filling.
- Lemon juice: Bursting with disease-fighting vitamin C, lemon juice adds a refreshing tang to the cheesecake.
- Matcha green tea powder: A powerful antioxidant, matcha green tea powder infuses the dessert with its distinct and vibrant flavor.
- Coconut oil and coconut milk: These ingredients contribute medium-chain fats that are quickly metabolized for energy.
Preparing for the Perfect Healthy Matcha Cheesecake
Before diving into the recipe, let's cover some essential tips for achieving the best results:
- Use raw cashews: Opt for raw cashews to ensure a creamy and authentic matcha cheesecake experience.
- Soak cashews overnight: Soaking cashews overnight softens them, allowing for easy blending and a smoother filling.
- Choose high-quality matcha green tea powder: Look for ceremonial or culinary grade matcha powder to enhance the flavor profile of your no-bake cheesecake.
- Food process if using dates in the crust: If you decide to use dates instead of date syrup, blend all the crust ingredients in a food processor until you achieve a fine crumb consistency.
- Soak dates before blending: Softened dates blend more smoothly, resulting in a creamier texture for your crust or filling.
- Melt and cool coconut oil: Add melted coconut oil to the blender or food processor last to prevent chunkiness and ensure a well-incorporated filling.
The Step-by-Step Process of Making Healthy Matcha Cheesecake
Now, let's get into the exciting part—making your very own healthy matcha cheesecake:
Step 1: Creating the No-Bake Almond Flour Chocolate Crust
In a small bowl, combine the following ingredients for the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup date syrup
- Dash of sea salt
Mix the ingredients thoroughly until you achieve a slightly sticky texture. Adjust the consistency by adding more date syrup if necessary.
Divide the chocolate crust mixture among 6 mini tart molds or 8 smaller molds for portion control. Alternatively, you can press the mixture into a springform pan for a single large matcha cheesecake.
Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the molds or pan and set it aside for now.
Step 2: Crafting the Healthy Vegan Matcha Cheesecake Filling
To prepare the luscious matcha cream filling, follow these steps:
- Soak pitted dates in hot water for 15 minutes to soften them before blending.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the following ingredients:
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews (drained)
- 4 pitted dates (previously soaked)
- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- ⅛ cup maple syrup or date syrup
Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor as needed.
Pour the prepared matcha filling over the chocolate crust in the molds or pan.
Step 3: Perfecting the Coconut Milk Whipped Topping
Yes, you can have a luscious whipped topping using coconut milk! Here's how:
- Scrape the top layer of coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk into a bowl.
- Use a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or handheld beaters to beat the cream until light and fluffy.
- Add a small amount of the liquid portion of the coconut milk to adjust the texture. You can add coconut sugar or another sweetener if desired.
Pro Tip: Make the coconut whipped cream first, and use the remaining liquid portion for the matcha cream filling.
Step 4: Serving and Storing Your Healthy Chocolate Matcha Cheesecake
To enjoy your delectable creation, follow these serving and storing instructions:
- Allow the vegan matcha cheesecake to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. This will ensure the best texture.
- Top the cheesecake with coconut whipped cream for an extra layer of deliciousness.
- To store the remaining mini cheesecakes, place them in an airtight container lined with parchment paper and store them in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I make a large vegan chocolate matcha cheesecake instead of mini-sized ones? Absolutely! Simply combine all the crust and filling ingredients in a larger mold rather than dividing them. Keep in mind that the larger the mold, the thinner your cheesecake will be.
- Why use raw cashews instead of roasted in vegan cheesecake? Raw cashews offer higher nutritional value, containing more antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals than roasted cashews. They also yield a creamier texture for cheesecakes and tarts.
- What's the difference between cocoa and cacao powder? Cacao powder is minimally processed and derived from raw cocoa beans, making it the healthier and more nutrient-dense option. On the other hand, cocoa powder undergoes more processing and contains fewer essential nutrients.
Indulge in the divine flavors of our Healthy Matcha Cheesecake with a Chocolate Crust. With a comprehensive list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and expert tips, you're now equipped to create a delightful dessert that rivals those from famous food bloggers.
This no-bake, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan recipe guarantees a creamy matcha filling and a decadent chocolatey experience. So, prepare your taste buds for an explosion of flavors and enjoy this guilt-free dessert sensation. For more delectable and healthy recipes, Subscribe to my newsletter or follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube!
More healthy no bake cheesecake recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Fudge Mini Cheesecake with Peanut Buter whip
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake
- Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
- Butterfly Pea Cheesecake
Decadent and Healthy Matcha Cheesecake Recipe with a Chocolate Crust
- Food processor
For the chocolate crust:
For the matcha cream filling:
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start this recipe by soaking your cashews in water overnight.2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
For the chocolate crust:
- In a bowl add: 1 cup almond flour, ½ cup cacao powder, ½ cup date nectar, dash sea salt. Mix to fully combine.*If you are using the dates instead of maple syrup, pulse all ingredients in a blender until it resembles fine crumbs.1 cup almond flour, ½ cup cacao powder, ½ cup date nectar or syrup, Dash sea salt
- Divide the crust evenly between 6 mini tart molds (or 1 large spring form pan). Press the crust firmly into the bottom.
For the vegan matcha cheesecake cream filling:
- To make the filling, add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor.2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, 4 pitted dates, ¼ cup coconut oil, ½ cup lemon juice, 1 cup full fat coconut milk, 2 tablespoon matcha green tea powder, ⅛ cup maple syrup or date syrup
- Pulse in a blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and make sure it is good. If you want it sweeter, add more dates or maple syrup. Divide the filling between the molds. Place in the freezer for ~2 hours.
For the coconut whipped cream:
- Make your whipped topping by combining the hard portion of the can of coconut milk with a hand held beater or the whisk attachment on a standing mixer. Add the vanilla and coconut sugar (if using), scraping the sides of the bowl.1 can coconut milk, ¼ cup coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to serve chocolate matcha tarts:
- Let the tart stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before eating for the best texture.Top with whipped cream and enjoy! Store them in the freezer sealed in an airtight container for up to 30 days.